music style

Guest zoef

hi

i checked the bands on heaven's metal but i can't find any viking metal. :unsure:

are there more people who can's find there style? :cartman:

put it here and i will go and look if i can find any bands;)

greets zoef

hi

i checked the bands on heaven's metal but i can't find any viking metal. :unsure:

are there more people who can's find there style? :cartman:

put it here and i will go and look if i can find any bands;)

greets zoef

what the hell is Viking metal? If its some sort of over the top prog power metal... maybe youd enjoy Theocracy,,

The Vikings weren't Christians... they were pagans... so I doubt there would be any Christian "Viking Metal" bands...

But then again, there are Christian Black Metal bands so I guess anything might be possible... :screwy:

Try "The Music Vault" at Firestream.net ( http://musicvault.firestream.net/index.php?go=front ), they've got a listing for just about every Christian rock/metal band in the known universe on that site, representing just about every style...

The Vikings weren't Christians... they were pagans... so I doubt there would be any Christian "Viking Metal" bands...

But then again, there are Christian Black Metal bands so I guess anything might be possible... :screwy:

Try "The Music Vault" at Firestream.net ( http://musicvault.firestream.net/index.php?go=front ), they've got a listing for just about every Christian rock/metal band in the known universe on that site, representing just about every style...

ok thx i will go and look ;)

:guitbannana:

• My Little Pony

Isn't that Folk Metal? If so the only band I know is Korpiklaani - I think that's how you spell it. And they're hilarious - I mean awesome!!

http://www.myspace.com/korpiklaaniofficial

There ya go. Now I'm gonna listen to it myself. I haven't heard these guys in years - what do they sound like now?

Heh, I just had a look at that website and they have a genres/styles section. Yes there is a "viking metal" genre listed but it's hilarious to read some of the other so "genres" in the list. Some of my favourites:

bagpipeage

crustcore

eerie hardcore

fun-grind

harsh noise

powerviolence

semi-chaotic

splatter / spletternoise / splattercore

tough guy hardcore

unblack metal

youth crew hardcore

Man, how can you have a "Christian/positive influence" website with genres like that in there. "Splattercore"and "Powerviolence"! Not just any old violence - "Powerviolence". C'mon, tell me where the "positive influence" comes from in those genres.

Yeah, I actually have stumbled upon "viking" Christian metal - as contradictory as it sounds. The usual copycats jumping the viking/folk bandwagon and ripping bands like Cruachan/Ensiferum/Turisaz/Finntroll I guess. They were on Bombworks label and called HOLY BLOOD

Try "The Music Vault" at Firestream.net ( http://musicvault.firestream.net/index.php?go=front ), they've got a listing for just about every Christian rock/metal band in the known universe on that site, representing just about every style.

Yes there is a "viking metal" genre listed but it's hilarious to read some of the other "genres" in the list. Some of my favourites:

eerie hardcore

fun-grind

harsh noise

powerviolence

semi-chaotic

splatter / splatternoise / splattercore

tough guy hardcore

unblack metal

Man, how can you have a "Christian/positive influence" website with genres like that in there. "Splattercore"and "Powerviolence"! Not just any old violence - "Powerviolence". C'mon, tell me where the "positive influence" comes from in those genres.

Those labels (or genres, if you prefer) are referring to the sound of the music; the lyrics are what would determine if the band is Christian in nature. And yes, even Christian lyrics can be violent; remember, the Bible is a pretty violent book. Heck, just singing the book of Revelations could keep a "Christian powerviolence" band with enough disturbing, bloody lyrics for at least 5 albums!!

Try "The Music Vault" at Firestream.net ( http://musicvault.firestream.net/index.php?go=front ), they've got a listing for just about every Christian rock/metal band in the known universe on that site, representing just about every style.

Yes there is a "viking metal" genre listed but it's hilarious to read some of the other "genres" in the list. Some of my favourites:

eerie hardcore

fun-grind

harsh noise

powerviolence

semi-chaotic

tough guy hardcore

unblack metal

Those labels (or genres, if you prefer) are referring to the sound of the music; the lyrics are what would determine if the band is Christian in nature. And yes, even Christian lyrics can be violent; remember, the Bible is a pretty violent book. Heck, just singing the book of Revelations could keep a "Christian powerviolence" band with enough disturbing, bloody lyrics for at least 5 albums!!

Yeah that's very true about the bible...it's a sometimes violent book which many people see a positive influence...I still find that very strange

eerie hardcore

fun-grind

harsh noise

powerviolence

semi-chaotic

tough guy hardcore

unblack metal

Yeah that's very true about the Bible...it's a sometimes violent book in which many people see a positive influence...I still find that very strange.

Well, the Bible's historical accounts of violent events does not negate its overall message of love, forgiveness, salvation, redemption, etc. I think even if you don't believe the Bible to be a holy book, you can at least glean plenty of good life lessons from it. Christ's teachings alone would give anyone a good foundation for living a decent life.

And of course, I'm sure if it had been around in His day, Jesus would have rocked out to some good ol' Christian "powerviolence" metal. Probably would've had it blaring while He kicked some moneychanger ass in the temple. :P

• My Little Pony
Heck, just singing the book of Revelations could keep a "Christian powerviolence" band with enough disturbing, bloody lyrics for at least 5 albums!!

Are you referring to Saviour Machine?