Firefest VI

Glen

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see this?

Very good news indeed that the lads are putting on another show.

Hopefully some of you UK guys can make it along this time??

Cheers

Where did you see this Glen? :tumbsup:

Anyone see this?

Cheers

Big news item today on Melrock.com :tumbsup:

Anyone see this?

Cheers

Big news item today on Melrock.com :tumbsup:

Is the link below, what you`re referring to mate :tumbsup:

http://forums.melodicrock.com/phorum33/rea...33&t=311625

Depends obviously on the lineup and if the band is gigging & dates etc, but I will try to be there for sure. Was disappointed I couldn't go this year, so would be good to meet up. :drink:

i think ill go to this since i have 11 months to put the money aside for it, ill also be 18 meaning it should be a fun night!

but im guessing no-one will want to meet up with me :anon:

if it goes ahead i'll be there.....drinking beer. Ive no qualms with talking to anyone.......as long as ive got a beer and some rock music, im happy.

i think ill go to this since i have 11 months to put the money aside for it, ill also be 18 meaning it should be a fun night!

if it goes ahead i'll be there.....drinking beer. Ive no qualms with talking to anyone.......as long as ive got a beer and some rock music, im happy.

someone should organise a hh meet & greet as there about half a dozen or so from this site checking out firefest each year. :)

someone should organise a hh meet & greet as there about half a dozen or so from this site checking out firefest each year. :)

not a bad idea actually...

anyone else in the UK planning to go? Nick? Rockchick? RealRockFan?

I might stop you scoring all the hot stuff !!

Errr, have you been to FF before?? :lol:

The more girlies the better in my book. :tumbsup:

I last went a few years back, but remember thinking the place could do with a few more chicks in it! I will try & get there next year, depending on the line-up...

I might stop you scoring all the hot stuff !!

Errr, have you been to FF before?? :lol:

The more girlies the better in my book. :tumbsup:

I last went a few years back, but remember thinking the place could do with a few more chicks in it! I will try & get there next year, depending on the line-up...

I'll get the beers ready mate. :drink:

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone picked up on the forums at Melrock, but Kieran has posted saying that the event is definitely on this year and all the bands have been booked!

No announcement yet, but I suppose we can assume it is still Rock City, last weekend of October.

He did say that due to the shitty exchange rate they had been looking at some English bands for the bill.

Some which spring to mind are Heartland, Newman, Pride (reformed?), Gun (reformed?), FM (or some other Overland connection - The Ladder?), or maybe even Asia or Magnum (might be too costly??).

Others Id like to see on the bill -

Brother Firetribe

Place Vendome

Gotthard

D2 (again.......but everytime they are EXCELLENT!).

Hopefully we can get a few along this time??

Cheers

Not sure if anyone picked up on the forums at Melrock, but Kieran has posted saying that the event is definitely on this year and all the bands have been booked!

No announcement yet, but I suppose we can assume it is still Rock City, last weekend of October.

He did say that due to the shitty exchange rate they had been looking at some English bands for the bill.

Some which spring to mind are Heartland, Newman, Pride (reformed?), Gun (reformed?), FM (or some other Overland connection - The Ladder?), or maybe even Asia or Magnum (might be too costly??).

Brother Firetribe

Place Vendome

Gotthard

Cheers

I'll definitely go if the bill is half-decent, though the mention of British bands does worry me - unless it's Dare or FM (I don't really care for the others). BFT and Place Vendome would be awesome, maybe with Treat back again (with a new album) & I'd also love to see Europe, as long as they promised not to play anything off the last two albums....

Brother Firetribe

Place Vendome

Gotthard

Cheers

I'll definitely go if the bill is half-decent, though the mention of British bands does worry me - unless it's Dare or FM (I don't really care for the others). BFT and Place Vendome would be awesome, maybe with Treat back again (with a new album) & I'd also love to see Europe, as long as they promised not to play anything off the last two albums....

There's no way FF will field a band like Europe. Too expensive. The rule of thumb is pretty much if they tour the UK on their own, they do not consider.

Apparently they once enquired on Triumph and were told the fee would be $100K. WTF!

Cheers

PS Pride of Lions would be great!

Brother Firetribe

Place Vendome

Gotthard

Cheers

There's no way FF will field a band like Europe. Too expensive. The rule of thumb is pretty much if they tour the UK on their own, they do not consider.

Apparently they once enquired on Triumph and were told the fee would be $100K. WTF!

Cheers

That's a shame. Mind you they had Winger a couple of years back - who were pretty shit - & they must've cost a bit.... Pride of Lions would be awesome, that singer would be amazing live.

Brother Firetribe

Place Vendome

Gotthard

Cheers

Cheers

That's a shame. Mind you they had Winger a couple of years back - who were pretty shit - & they must've cost a bit.... Pride of Lions would be awesome, that singer would be amazing live.

Yeah, they were pretty average....and Kip Wanger was well rude to the audience as well. Not impressed and I left before the end.

Yeah, I keep on dreaming about POL playing FF, but they never do. I just wonder if Peterik asks too much of a fee??

In all honesty Id welcome back quite a few of the acts from last year......D2 (always great....& they could play their new album!), HEAT (I know you dont like them but they were awesome live!), JSS (he was superb as always) and White Sister (man, what a surprise they were...they blew me away and they looked to be having such fun I bet theyd play again at the drop of a hat).

Cheers

You guys don't like Winger but you want POL? What do they do to you over there in the UK??? :lol:

That surprises me that you say Winger were crap because when they toured Australia they were absolutely awesome. They technically "opened" for Ratt but I and as far as I know many others, thought Winger blew them away.

You guys don't like Winger but you want POL? What do they do to you over there in the UK??? :lol:

That surprises me that you say Winger were crap because when they toured Australia they were absolutely awesome. They technically "opened" for Ratt but I and as far as I know many others, thought Winger blew them away.

Believe us, I stood next to TIM(2) and the horror on our faces! Wish we had a photo. Put up against the rest of the bill that day, they really were not very good at all (except Reb Beach of course)

Believe us, I stood next to TIM(2) and the horror on our faces! Wish we had a photo. Put up against the rest of the bill that day, they really were not very good at all (except Reb Beach of course)

Backed.....

and the Kip Wanger comment 'who's been messing with my shit' when he fucked up the intro to that song was just laughable.

The other problem of course was that they followed Gotthard who were nothing short of awesome.

Backed.....

and the Kip Wanger comment 'who's been messing with my shit' when he fucked up the intro to that song was just laughable.

The other problem of course was that they followed Gotthard who were nothing short of awesome.

Gotthard were band of the day for me aswell. Really excellent. :tumbsup:

I'd LOVE to go this year !!! :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: