Rough Cutt - Anthology

Mullethead

Saw this advertisement and never heard a thing about it but it looks very interesting. Such a great band that put out two killer albums. Does anyone have this yet?

http://www.cleorecs.com/Details.cfm?ProdID...1&category=

I had no idea that was out. I guess it would be cool to hear the unreleased stuff but I have the live album so I have no interest in hearing more live stuff.

I think the live album is different than the one they released before though. It's a two cd set so it should be pretty cool.

my only hesitation is that it's being released by Dead Line/Cleopatra...and from my experience they're releases can be utter crap.

Backed. They've released some of the cheapest, slapped together tribute crap this side of Dwell Records...

my only hesitation is that it's being released by Dead Line/Cleopatra...and from my experience they're releases can be utter crap.

Backed. They've released some of the cheapest, slapped together tribute crap this side of Dwell Records...

Amen To That. And I'm not saying this release IS, Just past purchases

have been horrid..

have been horrid..

Very good point guys.

I had the same thoughts when I saw Deadline as the label.

They always seem to release Greatest Hits cds with only re-recordings and live stuff.

have been horrid..

Very good point guys.

I had the same thoughts when I saw Deadline as the label.

They always seem to release Greatest Hits cds with only re-recordings and live stuff.

Or stuff that's 4th generation tape dub in sound quality...

• 4 weeks later...

Actually this release is awesome. It has gotten the most spins out of everything I have bought this year. The demo stuff sounds good, and the live concert also sounds good. If you are a Rough Cutt fan, you owe it to yourself to get this one. You can buy this one with confidence.

Actually this release is awesome. It has gotten the most spins out of everything I have bought this year. The demo stuff sounds good, and the live concert also sounds good. If you are a Rough Cutt fan, you owe it to yourself to get this one. You can buy this one with confidence.

Cool..Thanks for the Update.. :drink:

You can buy this one with confidence.

I agree...it is a pretty cool release. Although the cover of Piece Of My Heart still sucks :P

I would be hard pressed to see if you could find any other people who agree. That cover song was awesome I thought.

Both Piece of My Heart and Never Gonna Die were songs that I thought were just attempted radio hits. I don't think they are terrible, but they are far below the caliber of music that band was capable of.

Never gonna die is shit but as I said before, I disagree on the other song. I do like this Anthology album though. The stuff from 1987 would have been a great album!

• 2 weeks later...
Both Piece of My Heart and Never Gonna Die were songs that I thought were just attempted radio hits. I don't think they are terrible, but they are far below the caliber of music that band was capable of.

Never gonna die is shit but as I said before, I disagree on the other song. I do like this Anthology album though. The stuff from 1987 would have been a great album!

I like "Never Gonna Die" but I'm not a big fan of the Joplin song.