Ebay Seller reginaldorarruda

Just wanted to give a heads up on a bad experience I had on ebay this month (Been quite a while since I've had one). I won a Kavla CD from this guy (he is from Brazil where the band Kavla is from). His ID is "reginaldorarruda". Listed the CD and inserts as near mint. Well, the CD arrived and the CD was good but the artwork was a bit torn up and worn. So I shot him a message just to inform him about it (not really wanting a refund or anything, just a heads up to be careful with his descriptions).

He apologized and offered to send me a brand new copy to replace the damaged one (and said to just keep the damaged one). Well, OK, I was cool with that since he offered, wasn't going to even ask for a refund or anything but since he is offering, sure I'll take it. He just wanted me to pay the $7 shipping. OK, no problem, I'll bite so I paid him the $7. Then the next day he offered me another free CD, I could pick from 2 other Brazil bands he had (Astra and Silent). I told him that wasn't necessary but if he wanted to he could and I didn't care which one he picked. At this point I'm wondering why he is offering me so much? A few days passed and I sent a simple message asking if he had mailed it yet and if not when he would have time so I would know to keep a lookout for it.

OK, at this point, I also noticed he had another Kavla CD for sale, and also was selling the Astra and Silent CDs on ebay too (with HUGE BIN prices I may add). He replied back that he didn't have the Kavla CD yet, he was still waiting for them to arrive from the band???? But his current auctions all said that the CDs were "in stock". So I asked him why he was selling CDs on ebay he didn't actually already have? He replied back that he had full faith he would get them but if he didn't he would be in trouble with his auctions. WTF??? At this point I said I really wasn't comfortable with the way he was doing business and just wanted a refund. He replied back that he would refund ALL my money (the price of the Kavla & the $7 shipping). So I said OK since he was the one who offered. After that nothing, I wasn't getting my money back (and all I really wanted back was the $7 back). Now he won't reply to any of my messages, so I finally just washed my hands of it and filed a Paypal dispute and left bad feedback.

So just be aware, this dude may not have the CDs he is selling (and his descriptions might not be on the money).

the latest word on this guy reginaldorarruda is that he is none other than AOR Rod who is alleged to have ripped off dozens of traders. he is also said to have run some sort of pr company in brasil.

If its that guy, AOR Rod, beware ... i know people who were scammed big time by him :angry:

I've been told by a VERY reliable source that this guy is indeed AOR Rod.

• 1 month later...

bump - this idiot has done a member request to get my contact info a few times lately, you get an email when someone on ebay does that. Maybe his going to fly to the US and pay me a visit?

• 1 month later...
the latest word on this guy reginaldorarruda is that he is none other than AOR Rod who is alleged to have ripped off dozens of traders. he is also said to have run some sort of pr company in brasil.

sounds like this could be the "rockbrazil1970" that i've asked about.

some of the same titles and goes by reginald.. coincidence?

don't think so.. :lame:

I lost an entire $7 bucks on my Paypal claim against him. Then, about 2 months later, this is the message I got from him (along with a refund of 1 cent via Paypal, which of course equaled a big goose egg after the 1 cent Paypal fee) I believe he may be slightly retarded :D

"Wow! Alright!, YOU WIN...BTW...I will return you all your money back...today I have return a good money $ 0.01...:-))))) I hope you are HAPPY with it...well...in the next days I will send you more money (be happy)...$ 0.02 or $ 0.03, right ?!!! :-) I hope you are HAPPY...sorry alot for my *melecado* Kavla CD! :-(

Bye guy!

-RR-

I'd steer clear of this nut job everyone.

• 10 months later...
I lost an entire $7 bucks on my Paypal claim against him. Then, about 2 months later, this is the message I got from him (along with a refund of 1 cent via Paypal, which of course equaled a big goose egg after the 1 cent Paypal fee) I believe he may be slightly retarded :D

"Wow! Alright!, YOU WIN...BTW...I will return you all your money back...today I have return a good money $ 0.01...:-))))) I hope you are HAPPY with it...well...in the next days I will send you more money (be happy)...$ 0.02 or $ 0.03, right ?!!! :-) I hope you are HAPPY...sorry alot for my *melecado* Kavla CD! :-(

Bye guy!

-RR-

Did he keep sending you a cent or two at a time?

• 4 weeks later...

Bye guy!

-RR-

Did he keep sending you a cent or two at a time?

No, he stopped at about 10 cents :P

Isnt paypal charging something like 30cents + 2.9% in fees? In such case if someone sends you one cent, wouldnt paypal charge you 31 cents?

Would be quite cruel way of punishing someone by sending 'em one cent transfers and incurring paypal fees on them... I guess that's what the dude was doing to you.

• 1 year later...

Not lately, but plently of trouble with him a while back. Bought a cd from him that never arrived. Filed paypal dispute. Contacted paypal to see what the status was a couple weeks later & was told that he said I contacted him to let him know that the cd had arrived, which was obviously bullshit. Bottom line, the guy's a scumbag liar & a thief. Paypal ended up refunding all my money, though.

Which side of the transaction are you on...buyer or seller?

Not lately, but plently of trouble with him a while back. Bought a cd from him that never arrived. Filed paypal dispute. Contacted paypal to see what the status was a couple weeks later & was told that he said I contacted him to let him know that the cd had arrived, which was obviously bullshit. Bottom line, the guy's a scumbag liar & a thief. Paypal ended up refunding all my money, though.

Which side of the transaction are you on...buyer or seller?

I was actually a buyer, but he filed a claim against me, saying I was a seller.

Here's what happened. I purchased a CD through eBay, which was in much worse condition than described. Rather than go through the hassle of sending it back overseas, I said I would accept a partial refund of $12. I said to refund it through eBay. Well he said he could not figure out how to do that and, since he had my Paypal address, he sent me the money through Paypal.

Well, about 42 days after doing this, he files a claim with Paypal about a RATT CD he never received from me. Say what? What a lying SOB.

Well, I sent as much info as possible to Paypal, but because I was limited in the size of documents I could add, I was unable to forward my long list of emails from Gilson, including the one sent through Paypal saying "Here is your refund." I sent emails to Paypal explaining this, but they basically said "We will contact you if we need any additional information." It has been over 3 weeks and still no decision has been made. I got one email from Paypal saying "Sorry for the delay, but we are still reviewing the case." I am nervous about the decision, even though it is a small amount of money.

I am considering charging him with fraud through Paypal. Just do not know if it is worth the hassle.

That sounds about right...everything I've heard about this guy is him trying to pull some shady stunt like this. I'd suggest calling paypal directly & have them look at the specific transaction where he refunded you your money & put in the notes section "here's your refund". You would think any dumb ass could make sense of the way he's trying to fuck you but then again, we are talking about paypal.

Update:

A few days ago I received notice from Paypal that they had decided against me....

Needless to say, I was not a happy camper, so I took Chocularok's suggestion and called Paypal. My previous emails had been ineffective.

Got the runaround a little, and spent some time on hold...., but after I finally got to talk to an agent, I found her to be very understanding. I tried to maintain my cool and explain the scam this butthead was attempting. She took great notes and transfered me to someone who could do something about the claim. He was also very understanding and immediately sent through a reversal of the ruling (I got the refund the next day.) Plus he opened up a fraud investigation against good ole' gilson.

Took me about 40 minutes total on the phone with them, but I WON! :party421:

I am not normally one to call people names and use foul language, but this one just really burned me the wrong way... Does he have nothing better to do with his time than try to screw people out of $12, 42 days after the fact? Does he really track that stuff? How very :lame:

So, to gilson, now under investigation by Paypal, I say: :fuckchops::2up:

That's kick ass. Love it when the scamming bastards out there get what's coming to them.

You must have gotten to talk to someone at paypal who actually speaks english. Half the time I get some outsourced middle eastern idiot.

That's kick ass. Love it when the scamming bastards out there get what's coming to them.

You must have gotten to talk to someone at paypal who actually speaks english. Half the time I get some outsourced middle eastern idiot.

Both people I spoke with were English speaking with little or no accent. Very helpful!