Peep Show

Dead Planet

Nice. I won't bother posting my review because it's really pointless. Every song was a 9 to a 9.25 bar 'Irreversable' which I dropped a 9.75 on.

Commentary basically the same for all songs too - killer riffs, great choruses, love the ballads... it's just all brilliant. I scored it a very deserving 92%.

I keep thinking I'll mention a few of my faves, but it always ends up being pretty much the whole disc... but some are 'Star eyes,' 'Romance is dead,' 'All or nothing,' 'Waking the dead,' 'Suffer' and 'Feed on me'... and of course 'Irreversable.'

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a 5 (out of 10) in the new issue of PowerPlay. How did they work that one out? I feel a rant coming on...

Got a 5 (out of 10) in the new issue of PowerPlay. How did they work that one out? I feel a rant coming on...

Their ears are obviously severely disabled. At the halfway mark this is at number 3 for me, with room to still move... upwards. :) 'Irreversable' close to my favourite song of the year too.

• 5 months later...

Their ears are obviously severely disabled. At the halfway mark this is at number 3 for me, with room to still move... upwards. :) 'Irreversable' close to my favourite song of the year too.

Yep, Powerplay got this one very wrong. Really good album, hardly any filler and a few nice standout songs. Will be in my top five of the year.

My favourites from the album:

(awesome guitar solos!)

How the hell did I miss this one?!

This is great! Just placed an order for the 2 cds...

:tumbsup:

I guess James you can get after me on this one because I liked Out For Blood waaaay better than this one. There are about 5 good songs on Brand New Breed. I have tried spinning it many times and just cannot get that into it. It's decent but not great to me. Oh well.

Same here. I dig the hard rocking rawness of 'Out for blood' - it is no doubt a good CD. But 'Brand New Breed' is a great CD. An excellent CD, in fact. Still right up in my top 3 this year (pushed from 2nd place by an EP, which I'm still not sure to include in my list or not...)

Same here. I dig the hard rocking rawness of 'Out for blood' - it is no doubt a good CD. But 'Brand New Breed' is a great CD. An excellent CD, in fact. Still right up in my top 3 this year (pushed from 2nd place by an EP, which I'm still not sure to include in my list or not...)

Isn't the first album a bit more modern rock-sounding? Maybe not, I just know that I listened to a few songs and wasn't that into it, whereas I love the second one.

Geoff - what's the EP?

Isn't the first album a bit more modern rock-sounding? Maybe not, I just know that I listened to a few songs and wasn't that into it, whereas I love the second one.

Geoff - what's the EP?

Mate, the debut is extremely non-modern. I wonder if you have them the right way around. The debut is straight up sleaze hard rock - pure and simple. The second one does actually have some modern elements... almost a slight goth undertone at times... but the song writing and riffage is 100% improved over the debut, imo, of course.

USA!USA!USA - 'What's Your Name' is the EP. Flawless for the most part.

• 1 month later...

Peepshow have changed their name. They are now called STATES OF PANIC. New album 'No World Order' is due out summer 2013.

Wow good news - hope its the same guys & and will sound as great as brand new breed.

Peepshow have changed their name. They are now called STATES OF PANIC. New album 'No World Order' is due out summer 2013.

Wow good news - hope its the same guys & and will sound as great as brand new breed.

Lets hope they aren't changing musical direction as well...

Come Follow this new chapter of the band's history! Wondering why they changed name? Here is what Johnny Gunn had to say:

"As things begin to get more serious for the band and with a record deal on the horizon, we have been faced with an extremely difficult decision. Over the years we have encountered many problems with the band name PEEPSHOW, (some legal) which has brought us to the decision to change name!

I know... no one likes change! but hear us out.

As most of you know. The name Peepshow also belongs to the award winning TV show. A great number of peepshow online domains contain adult material. (Which is great! but not when potential new fans are trying to find the band online!) There is a cult comic book named Peepshow and there are a few other bands out there with the same name... This has always been and continues to be a major headache for us!

Because of this and many other difficulties we've encountered, we feel that it's time to re-name to something original and unique. Those of you have stuck with us throughout the years will have seen the band evolve and mature into a much different and more powerful band. We believe that the new band name will reflect this.

Again, We're really excited about the change and we hope you are too! We're honoured to have your support and it's great to have you with us in this new chapter of the band's history!

We'll be announcing some other exciting news soon, so keep yer eyes peeled!

Peace."

Come Follow this new chapter of the band's history! Wondering why they changed name? Here is what Johnny Gunn had to say:

"As things begin to get more serious for the band and with a record deal on the horizon, we have been faced with an extremely difficult decision. Over the years we have encountered many problems with the band name PEEPSHOW, (some legal) which has brought us to the decision to change name!

The name change is fine with me. This band deserves a record deal.

I actually really like the Peepshow name, but it doesn't really phase me at all as long as the music stays awesome. They do definitely deserve a record deal and I truly hope it all works out for them. Can't wait to hear more music.

As most of you know. The name Peepshow also belongs to the award winning TV show. A great number of peepshow online domains contain adult material. (Which is great! but not when potential new fans are trying to find the band online!) There is a cult comic book named Peepshow and there are a few other bands out there with the same name... This has always been and continues to be a major headache for us!

Because of this and many other difficulties we've encountered, we feel that it's time to re-name to something original and unique. Those of you have stuck with us throughout the years will have seen the band evolve and mature into a much different and more powerful band. We believe that the new band name will reflect this.

Again, We're really excited about the change and we hope you are too! We're honoured to have your support and it's great to have you with us in this new chapter of the band's history!

We'll be announcing some other exciting news soon, so keep yer eyes peeled!

Peace."

Seems a perfectly logical move to me - no band wants to be bogged down with legal wranglings. Hopefully the new label will promote them well and get the music to the masses. This band certainly deserve to be heard.

With the weakish Crashdiet showing they could come out tops in the sleaze stakes.

Yeah, no doubt in the world that 'Brand New Breed' > 'The Savage Playground'... tenfold.

Have you finalize your rating of TSP, G ?

Peep's latest kicks Diet's ass but at 85% vs TSP at 81% isn't very far off in my book though

Yeah, no doubt in the world that 'Brand New Breed' > 'The Savage Playground'... tenfold.

Have you finalize your rating of TSP, G ?

Peep's latest kicks Diet's ass but at 85% vs TSP at 81% isn't very far off in my book though

Yeah I can see Savage coming in at 80% even with a poor sound. Peep rated at 86% for me so we agree!