Motorhead's Best Release

The LMP lineup...The Best  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"This is the BEST Line-up Motorhead has ever had...And I should know

I've been in all of them, "Lemmy 2006"......

Never were truer words spoken...Motorhead have fast become my

Favorite Band EVER!! I have always loved Lemmy's lyrics and

really they sound like no one else...or should I say no one sounds like them!!

They are a true original...in sound, style, depth, fans, music ...they are

Rock N Roll. The LPM Line up is Lemmy, Phil and Mikkey and it is the best!!

So Don't go looking for AOS, cause even though it's a good release

it is in NO WAY their Best...My Good friend london and I have had this

discussion many a time...which is their best release??..Right now my

Fave would be a toss up between their last 3 releases...Inferno, KOD and

Motorizer....Mine is KOD...but that could change at any time...

I haven't heard all of the albums listed here, therefore I can't really vote with any kind of authority... but INFERNO is damn good, so I guess I'll go with that one.

The new MOTORIZER rips some ass too tho!!!!

I haven't heard all of the albums listed here, therefore I can't really vote with any kind of authority... but INFERNO is damn good, so I guess I'll go with that one.

The new MOTORIZER rips some ass too tho!!!!

Inferno is a Monster as is the New one.... :beerbang:

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah,Mikkey Dee injected some serious balls into that rhythm section and helped to revive those guys...went with "We Are Motorhead" as i saw them for the first time on that tour and on the strength of that 'God Save The Queen' cover.Though i wanted to hit the Kiss Of Death' button as well.Any choice would'nt be a wrong one the way i see it.

'Kiss Of Death' for me - Mikkey Dee's playing on that album is especially awesome and the whole disc is full of rock solid tunes. Most of the others are great aswell, with only maybe 'Hammered' being the weak link.

If your interested Eric, here are my top 10 Motorhead Studio albums.

1. Kiss Of Death

2. Bastards

3. Bomber

4. 1916

5. Inferno

6. Overkill

7. Ace Of Spades

8. Another Perfect Day

9. We Are Motorhead

10. Orgasmatron

Yeah,Mikkey Dee injected some serious balls into that rhythm section and helped to revive those guys...went with "We Are Motorhead" as i saw them for the first time on that tour and on the strength of that 'God Save The Queen' cover.Though i wanted to hit the Kiss Of Death' button as well.Any choice would'nt be a wrong one the way i see it.

Well Put..Mikkey Did inject some MAJOR Balls into the whole band sound..Really

I coulda picked anyone too..WAM is a GREAT One too..Hammered is my least fave

from this line up... :banger:

'Kiss Of Death' for me - Mikkey Dee's playing on that album is especially awesome and the whole disc is full of rock solid tunes. Most of the others are great aswell, with only maybe 'Hammered' being the weak link.

If your interested Eric, here are my top 10 Motorhead Studio albums.

1. Kiss Of Death

2. Bastards

3. Bomber

4. 1916

5. Inferno

6. Overkill

7. Ace Of Spades

8. Another Perfect Day

9. We Are Motorhead

10. Orgasmatron

Great List Jez!!!

"Bastards" Is AWESOME one of my Faves from that lineup ...

Wurzel is really good ...he shoulda stayed...I almost put that on the poll but I was

really trying to focus on the current line-up...I'm gonna do a poll

for the rest of their releases cause there are too many great releases

there to overlook. Anytime I talk to someone about Motorhead, they always

seem to think Ace Of Spades or Orgasmatron are the only things they have done..

Yes both are great but they put out a ton of "Other" good releases too

I hold the older stuff closer to my heart but I like them all. It's Motorhead for fuck sake, it's got to be good. That said:

I went with Inferno but again, I like them all. Dee is one of the best drummers ever IMO. I first heard him with King Diamond and was floored. Glad he has stuck with one of my favorite bands all this time. A good thread giving props to a band that has been around for a long time but still gets the Dangerfield treatment. Now, have a drink. Lemmy would want it that way. :drink:

Oh Metalhead, been seeing what you're playing on the spin thread. We dig a lot of the same shit. :banger:

As far as guitar playing goes, Brian Robertson's work on Another Perfect Day eats Fast Eddie, Wurzel, Phil Campbell, and Larry Wallis for breakfast. When you consider Robertson's doctor advised him against even joining the band as he was recovering from double pneumonia, pluresy, AND the discovery that he was epileptic, it makes his contribution that much more amazing. So what if his personality was completely wrong for the band? He can still play circles around any other player they've ever had in the line-up. Having said that, EVERY album from Motorhead is a goldmine. I've used this avatar for over 5 years now, and have no intention of ever changing it.

As far as guitar playing goes, Brian Robertson's work on Another Perfect Day eats Fast Eddie, Wurzel, Phil Campbell, and Larry Wallis for breakfast. When you consider Robertson's doctor advised him against even joining the band as he was recovering from double pneumonia, pluresy, AND the discovery that he was epileptic, it makes his contribution that much more amazing. So what if his personality was completely wrong for the band? He can still play circles around any other player they've ever had in the line-up. Having said that, EVERY album from Motorhead is a goldmine. I've used this avatar for over 5 years now, and have no intention of ever changing it.

I've liked every guitarist that has been through Motorhead and they all are very talented. I enjoy Fasteway with Eddie but I love Thin Lizzy. I think that APD is a great album that does not get as much praise as it should. They songs are damn catchy and perfectly played. You hit the nail on the head with the fact of personalities clashing. At least we got one with that lineup. Makes Motorhead's back catalog even more impressive.

I hold the older stuff closer to my heart but I like them all. It's Motorhead for fuck sake, it's got to be good. That said:

I went with Inferno but again, I like them all. Dee is one of the best drummers ever IMO. I first heard him with King Diamond and was floored. Glad he has stuck with one of my favorite bands all this time. A good thread giving props to a band that has been around for a long time but still gets the Dangerfield treatment. Now, have a drink. Lemmy would want it that way. :drink:

Oh Metalhead, been seeing what you're playing on the spin thread. We dig a lot of the same shit. :banger:

:banger: Mikkey is My Fave Drummer of all time...he is insane!!

I may not agree with everything you say but I will say Brian was the wrong person

for Motorhead, and he came in and Kicked Butt....APD is a great release from Motorhead..

• 1 year later...

Can't vote on this as I'm not really familiar with these albums, aside from the odd track here and there. Having said that, nothing I've heard by them gets close to 'Orgasmatron', which is easily my favourite album by the band, so I wouldn't agree that this is the best line up.

Sorry call me old school, but im a massive fan of the original line up and still think AOS, Bomber and Overkill are the classics, culminating in one of the best live albums ever....No Sleep Til Hammersmith.

I saw them on the 25th bomber anniversary tour and they paled against the band which once was.

Vowed to never see them again

:-(

For the record my fav Motorhead song is 'Chase Is Better Than The Catch'.....just doesnt get better than that classic riff........'I cant hear ya'.

Cheers

• 5 months later...

"Oh Lord, who art on high

who has made the blades of grass

and the little tiny things that creep therein

who has made the cricket bats, who has made hankies

who has made.... all things

Bless thou these people from Motorhead

that they may so verily endow the people of this planet

with pleasure and enjoyment

that yea, they may verily increase fourfold their already large sums of loot

and enable them here in this life to purchase maybe one other pair of trousers each.

Oh Lord, thou who hast seen the trouserless and had compassion

Look down upon them....thank you."

:lol:

The only Motorhead album I really really love is 'Orgasmatron', so I can't vote on this one. Any song recommendations other than the obvious hits?