Guns 'N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

T-BONE

A few weeks ago, some poor sap got bamboozled for leaking 9 tracks off the supposedly upcoming Chinese Democracy CD by Guns 'N' Roses.

Leaker Gets Schmakered

I've heard these leaked tracks and their quality is MUCH better than the bootlegged and poor quality live recordings floating around the net. I'm sure plenty of people here have heard some or all of those tracks.

Any Opinions on the tracks?

Better

Chinese Democracy

IRS

Madagascar

Riyadh and The Bedouins

This I Love

If The World (Would End Today)

The Blues

There Was A Time

Another track I've heard that wasn't part of the leaked 9 was:

Catcher In The Rye

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally....

This is NOT a Guns N Roses album at all.... This doesn't even compare to Appetite, and is a FAR LEFT TURN from Use Your Illusion, which I also think could have been stuffed into 1 full cd if the filler was cut. Sure I hear Axl's voice, but that's about it. The songs mostly start off slow and are too overproduced. Too many sound samples, too many drum tracks, too many layered vocals, etc....

Whoever loaned Axl all that money to actually produce this cd "may" collect it all back just because of the hype this autrocity has generated, and the lemmings will buy it just to see what all the fuss is about, but that still doesn't make it a good cd. :lame:

I'm actually "hoping" that the supposedly leaked tracks are just a cover up to keep the buzz going and the leakers in a frenzy, and the REAL CD has all totally different tunes and totally different sound, but I may be using too much imagination :wacko:

I like the songs that leaked but it's really an Axl Rose solo project. How he can call it GNR I don't know. What pains me is when I think of the fact that they should have put out another four or so studio albums in between all the fighting :(

Heard'em, didn't like'em, deleted'em.

I've refused to listen to any of the leaked tracks and will just wait for the real deal to not spoil it for me.

I do like "Madagascar", which is the only song I've heard(I think). Sure it don't sound like GNR but I'm still buying it when it comes out. I might hate it when I hear it but I want to wait to hear the finished product either way.

I haven't heard the tracks........and I'll just wait until it comes out *if it does* to get them.

Blabbermouth sez today that the Nov. 25th release date is the real deal.

I heard these songs about 2 years ago and I was left most unimpressed and with no desire to give them a second listen. If I recall they weren't that bad, but I just couldn't be bothered with them. As noted, it's just an Axl Rose solo project and it just doesn't have a G N' R feel to it at all.

heardthem, only liked the title track, then the others grew on me....now i like all of them and i cantwait for it to finally come out!!

i will be buying this, if nothing else, you'd pretty much HAVE to own the most famous album in rock history!!

i actually have a master track for Shacklers Revenge.....ive been playing around with it lately, nothing serious....but i am tempted to try mixing it myself and making it more rocky....maybe record a few guitar parts that arent 300% processed

if nothing else, you'd pretty much HAVE to own the most famous album in rock history!!

Um... no I don't. :lol:

if nothing else, you'd pretty much HAVE to own the most famous album in rock history!!

The most famous album in rock History? :screwy:

Change that to - 'It's Going To Be The Most Famous Letdown & Non Event' In rock history. ;)

Change that to - 'It's Going To Be The Most Famous Letdown & Non Event' In rock history. ;)

well who hasnt heard of Chinese Democracy? thats fame if everyone knows what it is...

I like the songs that leaked but it's really an Axl Rose solo project. How he can call it GNR I don't know.

My sentiments exactly. The songs sound OK (nothing spectacular) but they sure as hell don't sound like GNR.

There's an Axl-obsessed guy on the Rock Music message board at IMDB who's counting down the days till this release. He sez he's going to camp out at his local Best Buy the night before so he can be the first one to buy a copy when they open in the morning. Seriously!! :huhsign:

That's what I'm thinking too mate :whistle: