Nickleback - 'Dark Horse' (Produced by Mutt Lange!)

Geoff

I've spun this one a few times, and it's pretty good. Nothing special, and not as good as the last album IMO, but it does have some strong tunes and the production is amazing. I do think that first single "Gotta Be Somebody" is the highlight here, and there aren't quite as many melodic tunes as I'd have liked, but a decent listen....

Yeah, I think that was pretty much my summary in the other thread. Good album, not as good as the last but a decent listen. And I agree, killer production job.

I've spun this one a few times, and it's pretty good. Nothing special, and not as good as the last album IMO, but it does have some strong tunes and the production is amazing. I do think that first single "Gotta Be Somebody" is the highlight here, and there aren't quite as many melodic tunes as I'd have liked, but a decent listen....

I've only given it one spin but I didn't like it at all. Maybe I need to play it again.

I just really don't like Chad Kroeger's voice so maybe that's the problem.

To be fair this does sound better after a few spins. But I really wish there were more tunes like "Gotta Be Somebody" on it.... If you never liked them before you won't like this.

I've only given it one spin but I didn't like it at all. Maybe I need to play it again.

But I really wish there were more tunes like "Gotta Be Somebody" on it.... If you never liked them before you won't like this.

Oh dear, & I only 'liked' that tune. I might not bother to be honest.

Spin it again Wes. Quality tunes here. Nothing Earthshaking but some good stuff.