Nickleback - 'Dark Horse' (Produced by Mutt Lange!)

Geoff

Okay, usually I'd be the last person to get excited about this band, even though I admit to liking their last album a lot. But, I just went for a drive to the bank with someone here and the new song 'Gotta be somebody' was on that radio... and all I have to say is wowser! Pure melodic/commercial hard rock bliss. Absolutely loved it, and was delighted to see them start off with a single that is not a ballad.

Very promising for the new album, 'Dark Horse', due on November 18th.

• 1 month later...

I just have to say it again before radio absolutely slaughters this song with mindless overkill, but while it's still fresh goddamn I love this song!! Almost sounds prime Bon Jovi-ish!!!

Nickelback - Something In Your Mouth

The new single, sounds dirty good to me! :headbanger:

Oh yea I am digging this!!!!!!!!!! :headbanger:

Just randomly looking on their myspace site for the new song (don't have access to sound here at work unfortuntely) and I glanced at their "myspace friends" and wondered if she likes putting things in her mouth...

s_0d3a5c0b80458f313d17e651a70444d4.jpg

Just randomly looking on their myspace site for the new song (don't have access to sound here at work unfortuntely) and I glanced at their "myspace friends" and wondered if she likes putting things in her mouth...

Oh I got something she can put in her mouth...... :whistle:

Oh I got something she can put in her mouth...... :whistle:

Onions?

Maybe we can open up a topic for this one at Hard Rock as well? Just finished listening to the entire album and my calculations turned out to be just about right. The album's downright 80's Hard Rock heaven! :D

Anywhere near as good as Hinder?

Right on if you ask me, the typical Mutt sound is all over this. In comparison to Hinder, this one has a little harder edge at times. It's by far my favorite Nickelback album and some of the guitar work including solos are just insane for today's standards. :headbanger:

Thanks mate, I'll spin this tonight. The funny thing about Nickelback is that people fob them off as a ballad band after their success with lighter singles, but some of the stuff on 'All the right reasons' was pretty f*cking heavy for a popular hard rock band. I will never like this guy's voice but if they can keep producing the goods like the last album it's just silly to ignore them.

Right on if you ask me, the typical Mutt sound is all over this. In comparison to Hinder, this one has a little harder edge at times. It's by far my favorite Nickelback album and some of the guitar work including solos are just insane for today's standards. :headbanger:

Thanks mate, I'll spin this tonight. The funny thing about Nickelback is that people fob them off as a ballad band after their success with lighter singles, but some of the stuff on 'All the right reasons' was pretty f*cking heavy for a popular hard rock band. I will never like this guy's voice but if they can keep producing the goods like the last album it's just silly to ignore them.

My thoughts exactly. Was never too big on the voice either but I must say Chad's handling it pretty well on this new record, it does fit. And next to it you get some killer tunes right back to the mainstream of course.

I've spun this one a few times, and it's pretty good. Nothing special, and not as good as the last album IMO, but it does have some strong tunes and the production is amazing. I do think that first single "Gotta Be Somebody" is the highlight here, and there aren't quite as many melodic tunes as I'd have liked, but a decent listen....

I've spun this one a few times, and it's pretty good. Nothing special, and not as good as the last album IMO, but it does have some strong tunes and the production is amazing. I do think that first single "Gotta Be Somebody" is the highlight here, and there aren't quite as many melodic tunes as I'd have liked, but a decent listen....

I've only given it one spin but I didn't like it at all. Maybe I need to play it again.

I just really don't like Chad Kroeger's voice so maybe that's the problem.