Bulletproof Messenger

Glen

I wont hide the fact that I absolutely love this band's debut album from 2006.

I was pleased to hear therefore that their follow up album 'Arm Yourself' is due in December 2008! Basically the band have financed this follow up on sellaband.

Follow the link to listen to a few rough mixes of some songs from the forthcoming album -

http://www.sellaband.com/bulletproofmessenger/

For rough mixes this sounds pretty promising to me.

For anyone not familiar with this band here is a link to their myspace - there are 5 or 6 tracks from their debut including the quite marvellous 'Bring Me To Life' (dont be put off by the electronica beginning cos the chorus is great), 'Heavenly answer' and the genius 'Crucial Line'...the end of this song is totally killer. All the songs featured are great tho :tumbsup:

http://www.myspace.com/bulletproofmessenger

Enjoy :drink:

Good stuff. I could never find their debut anywhere, but the CDR I had of it was great. Glad to hear some of the tracks are making it onto the new disc - hope they're all the best ones. Good band.

• 4 weeks later...

I had this bands first album but I sold it! I guess I must not have liked this stuff then, but will check this out....

I had this bands first album but I sold it! I guess I must not have liked this stuff then, but will check this out....

You heathen.........how could you sell that ????!

That's it Im not talking to you anymore. :crying:

You heathen.........how could you sell that ????!

That's it Im not talking to you anymore. :crying:

Yeah, especially when it wasn't me who was buying it! :lol: Seriously, never found this album anywhere for a decent price... :(

• 1 month later...

Well, after my first spin of 'Arm Yourself' I have to admit it's not bad. I obviously don't hold these guys in any near as high regard as Glen, but this is a good disc. Track 4 and now track 11 appear to be the gems. If I'm being honest, I couldn't list these guys anywhere near the top of modern rock acts, but it is a good CD. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to more spins. Killer sound/production job too. Really.

Well, after my first spin of 'Arm Yourself' I have to admit it's not bad. I obviously don't hold these guys in any near as high regard as Glen, but this is a good disc. Track 4 and now track 11 appear to be the gems. If I'm being honest, I couldn't list these guys anywhere near the top of modern rock acts, but it is a good CD. I can honestly say I'm looking forward to more spins. Killer sound/production job too. Really.

Where the fuck are you listening to this?? Did you pre-order it?

If not send me a PM.

PLEASE REPLY NOW. lol!!!

Man is 'DLD' a fantastic song!!

... and sadly that's about the sum of my thoughts on this disc. The rest is okay. Some nice songs, but mostly just high standard nu-metal.

Man is 'DLD' a fantastic song!!

... and sadly that's about the sum of my thoughts on this disc. The rest is okay. Some nice songs, but mostly just high standard nu-metal.

? taking the piss....DLD is a 45 secs instr? Ha ha if so :unsure:

Man are you mad.........?

I fuckin love this album......every bit as good if not better than the debut!

To me Nu Metal is shite like Limp Bizkit, Korn and all those crap bands.

This is well tasty with some killer songs/choruses.

Only 2 listens in but already thinking this will be top 10 (overall not just modern). :tumbsup:

I mean how good are 'Lose It All', 'Control', 'Grand Disaster', Wasted', 'Where We All Belong'.

lol, really? What is track 4 called? On everything I checked it was called 'DLD'? Oh well, whatever track 4 is it crushes my balls. The last song is good too, but this just doesn't exceed what a lot of other bands are doing, imo. As I said, it's one of the best I've heard in this particular genre, but I don't really like this particular genre, so not sure how much it says. Kills stuff like Alter Bridge... I can say that for sure.

As I said, it's one of the best I've heard in this particular genre, but I don't really like this particular genre, so not sure how much it says.

Again this puzzles me. I dont in any way shape or form consider this to be NU Metal. That term is completely alien to me and stinks of shit like Limp Bizkit and Korn.

Those bands would need to have some kind of song writing ability surgically implanted to produce anything near this calibre!

For me this is a pretty killer release, with not a duff song in sight.

Also I dont recall a single NU Metal song with a guitar solo and there are solos all over this thing.

This is a top 10 finish for sure. :tumbsup:

As I said, it's one of the best I've heard in this particular genre, but I don't really like this particular genre, so not sure how much it says.

Again this puzzles me. I dont in any way shape or form consider this to be NU Metal. That term is completely alien to me and stinks of shit like Limp Bizkit and Korn.

Those bands would need to have some kind of song writing ability surgically implanted to produce anything near this calibre!

Also I dont recall a single NU Metal song with a guitar solo and there are solos all over this thing.

I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe Dan should add a Nu-metal category in the main pages so Geoff can dump his so-called Nu-metal music there. It seems that everytime he doesn't agree with someone, in other words have an opposite view on how good the music is, he names it Nu-metal or the like. :whistle:

I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe Dan should add a Nu-metal category in the main pages so Geoff can dump his so-called Nu-metal music there. It seems that everytime he doesn't agree with someone, in other words have an opposite view on how good the music is, he names it Nu-metal or the like. :whistle:

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Check out 3 tracks from the new album 'Where We All Belong', 'Lose It All' :bowdown: & 'Arm Yourself'

http://www.myspace.com/bulletproofmessenger

& here's a review -

http://www.melodic.net/latestReviews.asp#7348

:drink:

No love here then?? :unsure:

You guys shock me sometimes that you dont love this type of stuff. Ho hum.