Disciple Southern Hospitality pre-oreder info

lizzy

Just heard "Falling Over" on Pandora.com and me likey... is it all like this, or what is recommended I start out with?

unlike a certain FarCry album I could mention... ;)

I'm certain I have no idea of what you speak... ;)

BTW... just so you know, I personally booked the flight for our singer to head back into the studio for the final vocal tweaks needed to complete the recording process so this will be coming out soon. More info to come.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Disciple, methinks I'll be picking up some very soon... :banger:

I"m pretty sure something in my DNA forces me to bust peoples' chops at every opportunity, therefore I am not to blame for my compulsion to needle you about FarCry...or should I say, the lack of FarCry... :lol:

Seriously, looking forward to the CD...whenever it's released. I've begun referring to it as the "Chinese Democracy" of the melodic rock world. :guitbannana:

Now get thee hence to purchase some Disciple. Thou shalt not be disappointed.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard "Falling Over" on Pandora.com and me likey... is it all like this, or what is recommended I start out with?

unlike a certain FarCry album I could mention... ;)

I'm certain I have no idea of what you speak... ;)

BTW... just so you know, I personally booked the flight for our singer to head back into the studio for the final vocal tweaks needed to complete the recording process so this will be coming out soon. More info to come.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Disciple, methinks I'll be picking up some very soon... :banger:

I"m pretty sure something in my DNA forces me to bust peoples' chops at every opportunity, therefore I am not to blame for my compulsion to needle you about FarCry...or should I say, the lack of FarCry... :lol:

Seriously, looking forward to the CD...whenever it's released. I've begun referring to it as the "Chinese Democracy" of the melodic rock world. :guitbannana:

Purchased both recommendations, I have nothing but respect for your Christian rock knowledge. Plus I enjoy busting your chops as well... :headbanger:

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased both recommendations, I have nothing but respect for your Christian rock knowledge.

So Pete, did we get these yet and do we have a verdict?

Purchased both recommendations, I have nothing but respect for your Christian rock knowledge.

Me too! I wanna know. I'm sure you will LOVE 'Scars Remain'.

So far I have not listened to Southern Hospitality (putting it in right now), but Scars Remain kicked ass! Thanks again for the rec Mark, awesome stuff! :beerbang:

Update: Me likey Southern Hospitality, seems bluesier than Scars Remain, but they're both great discs. :)

So far I have not listened to Southern Hospitality (putting it in right now), but Scars Remain kicked ass! Thanks again for the rec Mark, awesome stuff! :beerbang:

Update: Me likey Southern Hospitality, seems bluesier than Scars Remain, but they're both great discs. :)

Backed on all counts - 'Scars Remain' just edges it for me. Both great albums tho. :tumbsup:

Good to hear. We should have a Disciple party next week.

Awesome, you bring some Kingfisher, I'll make nachos!

Awesome, you bring some Kingfisher, I'll make nachos!

Done!

Damn I love Disciple parties!

• 4 weeks later...
I've not looked it up but was told that Disciple's producer is the former guitar player from the Knoxville Tennessee band SAGE. you all remember Sage, right.

Travis Wyrick? That's who's listed on the CD. I do remember Sage vaguely, and ksmyrtn of course!

I've not looked it up but was told that Disciple's producer is the former guitar player from the Knoxville Tennessee band SAGE. you all remember Sage, right.

Travis Wyrick? That's who's listed on the CD. I do remember Sage vaguely, and ksmyrtn of course!

Yes, Travis is their producer. He has actually done quite well producing and has won numerous Dove Awards.

http://www.wyrickmusic.com/

• 4 weeks later...

here is a quote about the album:

"In addition to lyrics leaps forward, Disciple explores new music ground on Southern Hospitality as well. The most notable progression is that Noah—having spent the last decade in an era in which guitar solos were deemed passé—was finally able to embrace his inner guitar hero. “He’s always been scared to play big guitar solos, because if you play too many solos people think you’re an ’80s band,” says Young. “Things now are coming back around. Games like Guitar Hero have made it cool to play guitar again. Brad is playing guitar solos in nearly every song. I don’t mean mamby-pamby little things. I mean he’s wearin’ it out. If you’re a guitar player, this will definitely be your favorite Disciple record.”

here is a quote about the album:

"In addition to lyrics leaps forward, Disciple explores new music ground on Southern Hospitality as well. The most notable progression is that Noah—having spent the last decade in an era in which guitar solos were deemed passé—was finally able to embrace his inner guitar hero. “He’s always been scared to play big guitar solos, because if you play too many solos people think you’re an ’80s band,” says Young. “Things now are coming back around. Games like Guitar Hero have made it cool to play guitar again. Brad is playing guitar solos in nearly every song. I don’t mean mamby-pamby little things. I mean he’s wearin’ it out. If you’re a guitar player, this will definitely be your favorite Disciple record.”

Haha... awesome. I'm glad to see/hear it's coming back into "style" because some of these guys, as displayed on this album, really can shred.

• 1 month later...