lizzy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the preorder Disciple info for those interested

Release date is October 21st

http://disciplerocks.com/

You can check out the first two songs on their site. Sounds like their gonna rip out another good release. Let the countdown begin.

Here is the preorder Disciple info for those interested:

Release date is October 21st.

You can check out the first 2 songs on their site. Sounds like they're gonna rip out another good release. Let the countdown begin.

Holy Stanley Steamer, those 2 tracks are truly excellent. "321" is a monster hard rocker and the ballad (can't recall the name right now) is really good too. Loved this band from the beginning and they just keep getting better and better.

You can check out the first 2 songs on their site. Sounds like they're gonna rip out another good release. Let the countdown begin.

Holy Stanley Steamer, those 2 tracks are truly excellent. "321" is a monster hard rocker and the ballad (can't recall the name right now) is really good too. Loved this band from the beginning and they just keep getting better and better.

I will try very hard to hear the samples tonight. So can you guys (please) confirm that the southern influence is not there to be heard but rather just a nasty, nasty rumour?

Would be funny if they release this and it ends up my album of the year, considering I only just heard the s/t and 'Scars Remain' CDs and they're 2 of the best CDs I've heard this year. Let's make it a hat trick.

Review over at melodic.net:

Tennessee based Disciple's previous album "Scars remain" was one of the best modern rock releases of 2006 according to yours truly.

So it is with much anticipation I listen to the advance cd of their forthcoming album "Southern hospitality" that features a whole new line up, Kevin Young-Lead Vocals and Tim Barrett-Drums are the only 2 original members left in the band.

They are joined by Micah Sannan-Guitars (formerly of Falling up), Andrew Welch-Guitars and Israel Beachy-Bass (formerly of Staple).

There's a southern rock vibe over their 8th studio album "Southern hospitality" that comes out on Oct.21st, the first new song this year was "In the middle of it now" which was specially written for WWE The Music:Vol.8 earlier this year and is not featured on the new album.

That song didn't impress me that much and unfortunately, the new album isn't as strong as their 2 albums "Scars remain" (2006) and the self titled album from 2005.

It's still very good but I miss the knockout factor they managed to create on the previous albums, Disciple will climb the charts with one or two songs from this album I'm sure but I can't get over that it's weaker than my favorite album "Scars remain".

I will try very hard to hear the samples tonight. So can you guys (please) confirm that the southern influence is not there to be heard but rather just a nasty, nasty rumour?

Would be funny if they release this and it ends up my album of the year, considering I only just heard the s/t and 'Scars Remain' CDs and they're 2 of the best CDs I've heard this year. Let's make it a hat trick.

Well, I can confirm that I didn't hear any southern influence on the two sound samples they've got up. Sounds like a darn good continuation from what they did on their last album.

Well, I can confirm that I didn't hear any southern influence on the two sound samples they've got up. Sounds like a darn good continuation from what they did on their last album.

Phew.

I can't figure that myspace thing out, but this looks like an awesome place to pre-order (unless you're Australian and shipping is supposedly $8.00):

http://www.musichristian.com/sys/product.php?PRODUCT=560944

I heard '321' - kicked my ass. Can't wait for this.

On that page I just started clicking on the 'bandbox' player and heard all of 321...what a kickass song....now currently listening to the 2nd track...the ballady song....just very very good stuff.....

You can sample 5 songs here -

I like 4 out 5. Sounds real good to me.

:headbanger:

Which one didn't you like? The title track? That's the weakest for me, but the other 4 are amazing. I don't want to jinx this one, but I see this over-taking Story of the Year for album of the year for me... killer stuff. '321', 'Whatever the reason' and 'Romance me' are already three of my favourite songs of the year lol.

You can sample 5 songs here -

I like 4 out 5. Sounds real good to me.

:headbanger:

Which one didn't you like? The title track? That's the weakest for me, but the other 4 are amazing. I don't want to jinx this one, but I see this over-taking Story of the Year for album of the year for me... killer stuff. '321', 'Whatever the reason' and 'Romance me' are already three of my favourite songs of the year lol.

Yip - the title track. Still a good tune, but not in the same league as the other 4.

Wow, that's a statement......the rest are going to have to go some to beat SOTY (esp with those bonus tracks)....that album is just flawless for me...not a filler in sight.

• 2 weeks later...
You can now sample the entire album on their website. There's some pretty good tunes on here.

Yep, of the remaining tunes which I hadnt already heard (first 5), 'Liar' and 'Falling Star' are absolutely fantastic. Probably 2 of the best modern rock songs Ive heard all year. The solos are excellent.

Also, 'On My Way Down' is a good rocker and 'Right There' is a nice ballad.

The only track I really dislike is the last ballad 'Savior' which is just too religious based for me.

So I reckon that makes at least 7 killers and 2 good and just 2 which are average.

Not sure if this is going to beat SOTY yet but it will be a close run in.

:drink:

I'll probably pick this up, I do like the "Scars Remain" disc a fair bit & these soundbytes are pretty cool - though nothing earth shattering....

I'll probably pick this up, I do like the "Scars Remain" disc a fair bit & these soundbytes are pretty cool - though nothing earth shattering....

There are at least 5 killer songs on this album that are of 'Scars Remain' quality :tumbsup:

There are at least 5 killer songs on this album that are of 'Scars Remain' quality :tumbsup:

I do like that album. It doesn't get played a whole lot, but it's very consistent. Though that bloody nu-metal song puts me off so much. Hopefully they've left that side of their style a long way behind....

I do like that album. It doesn't get played a whole lot, but it's very consistent. Though that bloody nu-metal song puts me off so much. Hopefully they've left that side of their style a long way behind....

errr, no. 3-2-1 song is very NU-metal.

But that wasnt one of the 5 songs I was referring to....in fact there are 6 that are killer. 321 is good as well (for a NU metalish type song).

I think those that love this band should check out BLOODSIMPLE's last album "Red Harvest", as it's really the same kinda stuff....

I think those that love this band should check out BLOODSIMPLE's last album "Red Harvest", as it's really the same kinda stuff....

Hmm, I kinda like Disciple, so I went and checked out Bloodsimple. I didn't care for Bloodsimple at all and didn't really hear much that would make me compare the two. I guess everyone hears something different when they listen to a song.

Well, someone's got pick up what Glen is putting down, and you guessed it - it's going to be me. I am absolutely in love with 'Southern Hospitality' and have spun it 4 times since returning from holidays yesterday.

1 Southern Hospitality - Didn't overly love the samples, but this song is a killer opener and good anthem type kick in the balls.

2 Romance Me - Jeebers wept, this is in the top 5 songs of the year. F*cking monster hard rock.

3 321 - Nu-metal? Damn my pug friends, what speak of you?? This is an 80's metal stadium filling hard rocker... what a song. I hate nu-metal... I LOVE this song.

4 Whisper So Loud - Nice track with a pretty sweet chorus... not perfect, but another great song.

5 Whatever Reason - Oh... my weeping penis. This is sensational. Best pure 80's hard rock ballad I've heard since 1989! :lol: Seriously, stunning song.

6 Phoenix Rising - Good solid hard rocker.

7 Liar - As Glen said, this is a ball smasher. Who is he singing about??? Angry, killer, killer track. One of my faves.

8 Falling Star - Also like Glen said, this is amazing. Beautiful song and one of the best 4 on the disc.

9 Right There - Very nice ballad... yeah, very nice.

10 On My Way Down - ARGH! Keep your face inside the vehicle or this will decapitate you. Man, what a monster hard rocker. This and 'Romance me' are the best hard rock songs I've heard this year.

11 Lay My Burdens - This is the most "southern" and almost "gospel" this album gets - reminds me of Poison's 'Stand' almost. Not a good one at all. Should have left this off.

12 Savior - I can see what Glen is speaking of here and I almost feel a bit sorry for the dude for the sentiment expressed here as it is more religious than I like, but unlike Glen I am actually completely in love with this song. Almost like a sequel to 'Things left unsaid'. Touching, killer track.

Is this the best album of the year IMO? Yes. And if this makes sense, it's the best pure hard rock as well as modern hard rock disc of the year.

Has anyone else noticed the solos on this album (on most tracks)? Or the abundance of juicy rhythm guitar. Anyone who got on the Pyn Siren bandwagon a few years ago needs to hear this to find out how a band nails hard rock as good as anyone has since Skid Row, Shotgun Messiah and Sven Gali's finest albums.

Lastly, is it better than 'Scars Remain'? No. I dare say that is one of those benchmark one in a million albums that the band won't ever top. But they got damn close. :)

Is this the best album of the year IMO? Yes. And if this makes sense, it's the best pure hard rock as well as modern hard rock disc of the year.

Has anyone else noticed the solos on this album (on most tracks)? Or the abundance of juicy rhythm guitar. Anyone who got on the Pyn Siren bandwagon a few years ago needs to hear this to find out how a band nails hard rock as good as anyone has since Skid Row, Shotgun Messiah and Sven Gali's finest albums.

Lastly, is it better than 'Scars Remain'? No. I dare say that is one of those benchmark one in a million albums that the band won't ever top. But they got damn close. :)

Ha,

Nice reply.

No - not better than SOTY....although close

Yes.....guitars solos are kicking by beautiful, well shaped behind :tumbsup:

No, not better than 'Scars Remain'.........there are one or two fillers on the newie, but none on SR.

Over and out.