FarCry update...

Blue Charvel

"So what the HELL is going on with this Pete?" is one of the more polite questions I've received about the new FarCry CD, and I've got some news believe it or not!

Just got back from the studio in Arkansas late last night after completing all the rhythm guitar tracks. I'll be blasting out the solos in my home studio over the next two weeks and shooting them over to Ty and Erik for incorporation into the final product. The guitars were the last part to be done so all that remains is tweaking and mixing the whole thing. I am VERY excited about this CD and while I must again apologise profusely to all of you who pre-ordered it or are just waiting until it comes out. I stand behind the label's decision to delay it 1000%. Kivel could have taken some shortcuts and just pushed this out "as is", but some tough decisions were made and as a result this will be everything a hard rock album should be and more! :banger:

Hopefully we'll have some music for y'all to check out fairly soon, and I will be sure to keep you updated, but FarCry IS coming, and it is coming SOON!

Pete

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can it be compared to the Rockarma - Bring it !, Pete ?

Excellent question, I think both of them are great CD's, but then of course I would think that only being slightly biased... ;)

The 'karma in my opinion is pretty straightforward mid-late eighties "hair metal". Although there are elements of that style on the Farcry, I think there is quite a bit more variety because of a couple of things like Mark's (vocals) versatility as a singer and the a number of different songwriters. Where Rockarma starts off with a bang and pretty much keeps it at the same level throughout, Farcry delivers more peaks and valleys.

Which is better? I'll have to leave that to you guys, but I hope you like 'em both! :drink:

Excellent question, I think both of them are great CD's, but then of course I would think that only being slightly biased... ;)

The 'karma in my opinion is pretty straightforward mid-late eighties "hair metal". Although there are elements of that style on the Farcry, I think there is quite a bit more variety because of a couple of things like Mark's (vocals) versatility as a singer and the a number of different songwriters. Where Rockarma starts off with a bang and pretty much keeps it at the same level throughout, Farcry delivers more peaks and valleys.

Which is better? I'll have to leave that to you guys, but I hope you like 'em both! :drink:

Rockarma was great, so I am really looking forward to FarCry ! :beerbang:

As you know Pete, I love 'Peaks and Valleys' ;) so I will be getting this. In fact I have had this on pre-order for at least 6 months or more now, so get on with it!! :lol:

As you know Pete, I love 'Peaks and Valleys' ;) so I will be getting this. In fact I have had this on pre-order for at least 6 months or more now, so get on with it!! :lol:

Indeed, your avatar is all about peaks and valleys... ;)

quite a bit more variety because of a couple of things like Mark's (vocals) versatility as a singer

Stronger vox huh?....sounds good my interest has been peaked.

He's got a real strong voice, singing is what he's been doing for a living for like forever. I was just looking for some of my old stuff with him (we were in a band back in the mid 80's) but I can't find the damn files anywhere. If I find 'em I'll shoot you a link.

Yeah, looking forward to this too, Pete. I'm also all for taking the time to make it right too. There's so much stuff to listen to (including Rockarma ;) ) that we impatient little bastards can wait as long as it takes. Can't wait... love that Rockarma disc!

i pre-ordered thsi thing 8 months ago dude!!

it better be the best damn delayed album ever! i hear that Chinese Democracy is shaping up to sound quite good...

From what I've heard from "Chinese Democracy... You better just buy 2 copies of the FarCry disc instead. :lol:

i pre-ordered thsi thing 8 months ago dude!!

it better be the best damn delayed album ever! i hear that Chinese Democracy is shaping up to sound quite good...

From what I've heard from "Chinese Democracy... You better just buy 2 copies of the FarCry disc instead. :lol:

i like it, Better, Chinese Democracy, the 3 "New Song"s....but is that sucha surprise, i like alot of music...

• 1 month later...
Here's the cover for the follow up FarCry release :whistle:

farcry2engine.jpg

Here's a pic from the recording sessions at the mobile studio.

51G6mC1LWJL._SS400_.jpg

Things got a little out of hand towards the end there... :blink:

In more serious news, Kivel's at FireFest, back tonight or tomorrow, and on his agenda for this week is to get a new song (maybe 2? :unsure: ) up on MR.com... stay tuned...

Here's the cover for the follow up FarCry release :whistle:

farcry2engine.jpg

Here's a pic from the recording sessions at the mobile studio.

51G6mC1LWJL._SS400_.jpg

Things got a little out of hand towards the end there... :blink:

In more serious news, Kivel's at FireFest, back tonight or tomorrow, and on his agenda for this week is to get a new song (maybe 2? :unsure: ) up on MR.com... stay tuned...

I saw where you mentioned that on FarCry's fan page at facebook, I can't wait. :beerbang:

So is that John up there with the gun telling you guys to get to work? :lol:

I saw where you mentioned that on FarCry's fan page at facebook, I can't wait. :beerbang:

If he isn't he better be, otherwise this might be what the band looks like when FarCry finally gets released... ;)

320665_f520.jpg

If he isn't he better be, otherwise this might be what the band looks like when FarCry finally gets released... ;)

320665_f520.jpg

Is that Pete with the cycle helmet on? :rofl2:

320665_f520.jpg

Is that Pete with the cycle helmet on? :rofl2:

No - Pete's the one with the Pink Plant pot on his bonce. ;)