Alleycat Scratch

lovetoy

>> I'd love another Alleycat Scratch CD release, the band is rumoured to be sitting on a few albums worth of incredible material in the glam sleaze vein, wonder whats holding the guys up <<

"Incredible" is pushing it a bit. Very good, definitely. And there are various reasons from what I remember. Some former members would rather not see some of the older stuff out there if I remember correctly. Masters are lost, etc. There are demos with different singers (one or two of which couldn't really be called singers at all). With 'Last Call' it was just 3 "new" songs and a live show coupled with yet another live DVD.

>> I'd love another Alleycat Scratch CD release, the band is rumoured to be sitting on a few albums worth of incredible material in the glam sleaze vein, wonder whats holding the guys up <<

"Incredible" is pushing it a bit. Very good, definitely. And there are various reasons from what I remember. Some former members would rather not see some of the older stuff out there if I remember correctly. Masters are lost, etc. There are demos with different singers (one or two of which couldn't really be called singers at all). With 'Last Call' it was just 3 "new" songs and a live show coupled with yet another live DVD.

what is it with these so called former band members holding back, what a sucky way to treat the fans, boo!

the CD reissue has sold out, that should cause these appalling excuse for a musicians to change their minds.

>> what is it with these so called former band members holding back, what a sucky way to treat the fans, boo!

the CD reissue has sold out, that should cause these appalling excuse for a musicians to change their minds. <<

Well, in all fairness, some of the demos were pretty bad (vocally, not musically) and rather than just have everything available out there most bands / members want to be remembered for quality stuff. Have you heard the mess that Pretty Boy Floyd put out in their 'Vault' (or whatever it was called) collections?? Why Kris would do that is mind boggling.

>> Wasn't this one meant to be released by Regeneration Records as well? Whatever happened to them...no page update in over a year <<

Still around ... restructuring, blah, blah, blah ... a couple of new releases later this year / early next year are scheduled.

That's great news!!!

Okay, I spoke to Boa about a couple of weeks ago. He's still keen to put this out, he's fairly busy so I've been helping out finding out about how to get the rights etc to use cover versions on the album. I think he's probably waiting on me pulling together the paperwork which I'll do once my life slows down but like everyone else here I really want this to see the light of day shortly so I'll pull my finger out as this is one of the best underated bands ever.

• 1 month later...
>> what a dissapointing tracklisting....... there seems to be quite a few demos missing..... maybe there will be another acs cd called "last call" after all. <<

That was 'Last Call.' After the first three tracks there was yet another live show tacked on.

I'm guessing different band members releasing different material thru different record labels.

what a dissapointing tracklisting....... there seems to be quite a few demos missing..... maybe there will be another acs cd called "last call" after all.

What people think are ACS demos are actually Resurrection Mary demos, the only other one Love Song AKA FHUTA was done with Deadboys and put out on the rerelease. I'll fill you in on whats happeing with Last Call soon.

A few comments off of the cd availalbe thru demondolls, as posted on sleazeroxx forums:

Robbi went behind everybody's back and signed a contract with the first company some other members turned down.

Now there is a shitty release without Boa, Devin and Eddie's blessing that is out there - it looks more like a bootleg than an album.

Cheap tat, and not what the band had in mind. I got mine today from 272 records and it looks like a piece of paper in a sleeve, like an original fake Foxy Roxx CD.

Last Call will be out once legal shit gets sorted. So near yet so far.

I know, the quality is poor, and even someone trying to sell it for $200 on ebay already and its not even out of print:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALLEYCAT-SCRATCH-Enc...p3286.m63.l1177

Scary thing is... some idiot will probably buy it.

When the Penny Lane disc was availalbe for $20, there were folks paying over $US 100 for it on ebay

Guys,

No need to fear the worst as Suncity Records has come to the rescue!!

We will be releasing the whole "Last Call" disc in its full glory~~! There will be lyrics, liner notes, etc.. and of course will be pressed on a professional silver disc.

As well as Alleycat Scratch we have signed 2 another killer bands that will be announced shortly...

To all the many fans early awaiting -

Road Ratt - You Love Us

Jungle Blue - Call Of The Wild

Taupier - That Was Then...

Bad Attitude - Prisoners Of Rock

We hope to have them released in no longer than 2 weeks. We have had some slight problems with the heavy compression on the tracks but we are now well on track in getting them ready for a near release.

Thanks to everyone for their patience but as you must realize - 99% of all fans would rather wait a but longer and have a killer release than us doing a shotgun release where things aren't 110% how we want them.

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records