Hiding your addiction

cdjunky41

When i roll into the garage i have a couple of good hiding places that i quickly put them into and i bring them in later when i go out and feed the cat and dog.My wifes pretty cool about my cd habit but sometimes she really cracks down on me. :(

:rofl2: I've done that before.

:lol: The really sad thing about this thread is you do all these completely lame embarrassing things yourself, convinced you're the only person in the world who would actually do it, and then you see someone else write about it here. :lol: I've done the garage thing too.

So True!!! I thought I was the only one in the world who did these kinds of things!!!

Sorry, but my guessing is you are the only 4 people in the whole world that have been sad enough to do this...... ;)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i roll into the garage i have a couple of good hiding places that i quickly put them into and i bring them in later when i go out and feed the cat and dog.My wifes pretty cool about my cd habit but sometimes she really cracks down on me. :(

:rofl2: I've done that before.

:lol: The really sad thing about this thread is you do all these completely lame embarrassing things yourself, convinced you're the only person in the world who would actually do it, and then you see someone else write about it here. :lol: I've done the garage thing too.

So True!!! I thought I was the only one in the world who did these kinds of things!!!

Sorry, but my guessing is you are the only 4 people in the whole world that have been sad enough to do this...... ;)

Not done this, but not far off it. If I bought CDs in shops it would be easy as I always have a rucksack with me, but as I buy all my CDs online it can be difficult.

The latest is that the wife has rumbled my latest CD sprees and unbelievably bailed me out! Got quite a telling off though...

:tsk:

• 1 month later...

Well gentlemen!

This topic was a pleasure to discuss with you all. I do hope we gave each other idea's and helped with venting about our better half's buzzkill.

It is time to bury this topic like a shipwrecked treasue..

Yesterday, Mrs Junky confessed that she knows the two Message boards I visit the most. Hearing the words Heavy Harmonies spew from her gullet. like a fire breathing dragon, sent shivers down my spine.. :yikes:

Even though I've known about this tidbit, I still went out today and made one of the biggest scores of my life :tumbsup:

I hope you all continue to fight the good fight. To continue to stick it to the enemy every chance you get..

Well gentlemen!

This topic was a pleasure to discuss with you all. I do hope we gave each other idea's and helped with venting about our better half's buzzkill.

Yesterday, Mrs Junky confessed that she knows the two Message boards I visit the most. Hearing the words Heavy Harmonies spew from her gullet. like a fire breathing dragon, sent shivers down my spine.. :yikes:

Even though I've known about this tidbit, I still went out today and made one of the biggest scores of my life :tumbsup:

I hope you all continue to fight the good fight. To continue to stick it to the enemy every chance you get..

What was the big score? I'm always interested in other's finds...where?

I found it under Dumpster Diving

Well gentlemen!

Shame to bury the thread, I think it's great; like a mutual support group! Luckily I can't imagine my missus ever going onto the Forum and finding this. It's a terrifying thought though...

:eek:

Luckily I can't imagine my missus ever going onto the Forum and finding this. It's a terrifying thought though...

Same here ! Not really likely, but terrifying nevertheless ... ! ;)

I'd pretend it was all in code. Maybe for discussing ideas for a nice surprise present, then say that she'd gone and ruined it.

Although then I'd get it in the neck for wasting our money on a present... :doh:

BTW, I think we need a smilie for 'under the thumb'. Well, I do anyway.

Holy shit, Mrs Junky knows about us? Our security has been breached!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me the other message board you vistit the most that she knows about is a cooking or knitting one and not my second home

Pssssstttt .... ! Don't mention any names .....!!!

:rofl2:

• 3 weeks later...

Well gentlemen!

Shame to bury the thread, I think it's great; like a mutual support group! Luckily I can't imagine my missus ever going onto the Forum and finding this. It's a terrifying thought though...

Oh man now you've gone and done it. Now every metal CD collector's wife will know about our little secret.

The jig is up the news is out they finally found us.

I'll take the hint. 'Twas a fine thread, may it rest in peace.

(Got some brownie points with the missus for selling a load of CDs this week, so if a small amount of the proceeds goes onto a few 'compensation' CDs, she may be persuaded to look the other way...)

We really need an 'under the thumb' smilie!

Fuck It!!

If I'm busted, I'm busted.. :blink:

I went to the mail box yesterday looking for the package from Dan, Nothin'!

I go take a dump and my wife gets home. A package is on the table from our Grand Poobah himself (Dan).

I just told her "Yeah, I ordered a couple of c.d.'s.

Out of 3 packages this week, one slipped by..

Not Bad!! :aw:

Although, she is planning on coming with me to see FARCRY on sunday.. :omg:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Pete!

One sunday on every month she gets the graveyard shift. She forgot about this one..

Like she always says "You'll have a better time without me".

How true that was... :tumbsup:

Plus you picked up the GBT while you were there... :)

Sorry Pete!

One sunday on every month she gets the graveyard shift. She forgot about this one..

Like she always says "You'll have a better time without me".

How true that was... :tumbsup:

Plus you picked up the GBT while you were there... :)

That she knows nothing about.. :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday, Mrs junky will be goin' to florida to hook up with her sisters and mum aka The Witches of eastwick.

I'm just wondering what trouble can I get myself into..

It almost takes the fun out of the shopping I may be doing.. :banger:

Sunday, Mrs junky will be goin' to florida to hook up with her sisters and mum aka The Witches of eastwick.

:tumbsup:

Love it!

Love it!

While the cats away, the mice will play :D

Love it!

Yeah. Hey, might as well get a few ladies round too. ;)

Love it!

More like an oversized rat.. :blink:

• 2 months later...

I've been well and truly caught - missus found a credit card statement with a long list of CD purchases on it, she went a bit like this: :explode:

She ain't happy, just about managed to calm her down. Going to have to have a break from buying for a while... Oops! :doh:

I've been well and truly caught - missus found a credit card statement with a long list of CD purchases on it, she went a bit like this: :explode:

She ain't happy, just about managed to calm her down. Going to have to have a break from buying for a while... Oops! :doh:

Note to oneself - Always cover your trail. ;)

BTW, Who wears the trousers at home mate? :lol: