Hiding your addiction

cdjunky41

Yeah, we have separate accounts and my wife wants me to stop buying CDs every bit as much as I do (and I'm trying) because whereas she is doing okay with her account I am in ridiculous amounts of debt (not including the home loan of course), which at the end of the day does mean we are in debt. So it's not cool.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we have separate accounts and my wife wants me to stop buying CDs every bit as much as I do (and I'm trying) because whereas she is doing okay with her account I am in ridiculous amounts of debt (not including the home loan of course), which at the end of the day does mean we are in debt. So it's not cool.

Ā 

you both have seperate accounts & a home loan...... er um... how does that work??

Ā 

It is hard work paying off a home loan & maintaining & satisfying a music passion which also must involve going overseas for the big AOR gigs.

Ā 

you both have seperate accounts & a home loan...... er um... how does that work??

We have a joint account for the loan which we put money into each month... but that money comes from each of our own accounts.

Ā 

We have a joint account for the loan which we put money into each month... but that money comes from each of our own accounts.

Ā 

are you telling me you put up with those extra banking fees for additional accounts or have you smooth talked em & managed to cut a deal?

Ā 

Ā 

are you telling me you put up with those extra banking fees for additional accounts or have you smooth talked em & managed to cut a deal?

We're with Qantas Staff Credit Union and pay absolutely NO fees at all. For a bank, they're great. The only time we get raped is on interest, as per anywhere else, but their rates are also a lot lower than everywhere else. But there are no account keeping fees, other ATM fees... none of the bullshit every other bank throws at you. I like them, as far as you can like a motherf*cking bank.

• 9 months later...

The enemy has changed her position at her job. This means she will be home more :crying: .

which means, I have to be more clever on intercepting the postman and going out on journeys to the c.d. store..

As you can tell, I haven't been buying much.

Wish me luck!!!!

The enemy has changed her position at her job. This means she will be home more :crying: .

which means, I have to be more clever on intercepting the postman and going out on journeys to the c.d. store..

Wish me luck!!!!

Ā 

the funny thing is that my wife just came in and gave me your parcel.... :christmas: good luck,bro.

There was a time back when if I came home from a pawn shop or Uncle Sax's house with too many cd's that I would hide them under the seat of my car and bring in just a few at time. Or I would take any stickers off and bring in a few and if she gave me a look I would say "these are from my collection I was listening to them in the car and now I'm putting them back!". Which made no sense because I have a 25 minute drive to work there is no way I can listen to 10 cd's in that time.

Ā 

I don't know why I did that, my wife is really cool and she would just roll her eyes at me anyway. Besides, what can a woman say anyway, they have two feet and 200 shoes. I have 2 feet and 2 shoes.

Ā 

Now, I have so many cd's the chances of coming home with so many at one time is not really possible.

Ā 

As for packages from orders, she'll ask "what is that, another Tyketto cd?". She seems to think the only band that makes cd's is Tyketto and I'm not really sure why that is. Maybe because it is one of the few bands she will tolerate out of my collection.

Ā 

If she ever did get cranky about a purchase I have so many excuses it is not funny:

"I got it off ebay for way cheap and it is worth like a million dollars!" (exaggeration of course)

"I sold something on Craig's list so I used that extra money to order a cd i want"

"I had some extra money in Paypal so I ordered this cd"

"I traded one of the heavyharmonies folks so it didn't cost me anything"

"I found it in a pawn shop for $2 but already have it so I am gonna trade it or sell it."

Wish me luck!!!!

Ā 

the funny thing is that my wife just came in and gave me your parcel.... :christmas: good luck,bro.

Ā 

Are we allowed to do wife jokes on this forum?! Sweet!

Wish me luck!!!!

Ā 

Ā 

Are we allowed to do wife jokes on this forum?! Sweet!

Ā 

I find nothing wrong with a little wife bashing every now & then... :tumbsup:

I call it therapy...

B.T.W.!

Thanks for the tips... :bowdown:

Wish me luck!!!!

Ā 

Ā 

Cool!

I hope you like them...

Yeah, telling her you got them in a trade is the best way to go. Sadly, that only seems to occur to me when I actually do get CDs from trading. The other time it's just me all like, 'I just saw them for so cheap and had to get them... it was only the one package!' I say as I open the letterbox and there are 8 more.

Ā 

But yeah, my wife's cool too... it's just that she knows how much money I don't have and how much I can't afford CDs which is as annoying to her as it is me. The word "addiction" is no doubt the key to this thread. I wish I could stop. Would probably mean some more holidays... :(

I've had the music addiction go all the way back from my when I lived at home and my mom (back when) to losing a few girlfriends over it (and other addictions), and the battle continues. I have found women to be a pretty expensive hobby (whether it's time, headaches/drama, or of course money), and I am such an independent person that I find myself like melodicrockoz.....I won't budge on my few passions in life, and thats just the way it is. I'm otherwise a mellow person, but when women try and change me it makes me get hostile too. I usually end up saying to myself, I'll change to whatever you want if you change to whatever I want which would be a lingerie-wearing inviting her hot friends to join vixen ha. Naturally I specialize in short term relationships. But as far as music and collecting goes, thats long term :banger:

I've had the music addiction go all the way back from my when I lived at home and my mom (back when) to losing a few girlfriends over it (and other addictions), and the battle continues. I have found women to be a pretty expensive hobby (whether it's time, headaches/drama, or of course money), and I am such an independent person that I find myself like melodicrockoz.....I won't budge on my few passions in life, and thats just the way it is. I'm otherwise a mellow person, but when women try and change me it makes me get hostile too. I usually end up saying to myself, I'll change to whatever you want if you change to whatever I want which would be a lingerie-wearing inviting her hot friends to join vixen ha. Naturally I specialize in short term relationships. But as far as music and collecting goes, thats long term :banger:

Ā 

My wife doesn't want me to change, she just wants me to cut down a bit. My c.d. collecting has slowed down due to the live shows I've been going to. She wants me to get a part time job just for my hobbies, which is ROCK & ROLL!!! :headbanger:

Hey CDJ, I have three rooms that have been empty ever since I kicked the kids out. They would be a perfect place for you to hide your CDs. I'll even let you visit them from time to time. Sounds like a great idea to me. I'll wait for the UPS man to show up will your collection.

Hey CDJ, I have three rooms that have been empty ever since I kicked the kids out. They would be a perfect place for you to hide your CDs. I'll even let you visit them from time to time. Sounds like a great idea to me. I'll wait for the UPS man to show up will your collection.

Ā 

Gee! :blink:

Thanx!!

Ā 

UPS?

Ā 

Be expecting a U-Haul... :lol:

Ā 

Thanx!!

Ā 

UPS?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What ever it takes. Im here to help :P

Ā 

Thanx!!

Ā 

UPS?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What ever it takes. Im here to help :P

Ā 

Thats what I love about you Uggy!!

Yer all heart!!! :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
It's not just my wife saying that i need to cut back on cd spending,but my daughter also comes in now and double teams me backing her up.Talk about surround sound nagging,a bloke just cant't win. :doh:

Ā 

OHH Dave!

Ā 

You poor bastard!!! :(

Ā 

My prayers go out to you and your collection :preach: