Hiding your addiction

cdjunky41

• My Little Pony

This is sorta off topic, as I don't have to hide my "addiction," but I think I just realized that this whole music collecting is my addiction.

Have you guys ever found CDs you didn't realize you had lost? Back in the Spring I had bought a shit-tonne of CDs. About 30 from the Retrospect Spring Cleaning Sale, around 15 from the Retrospect used selection, a bunch of auctions from Dave and a few Cinderella discs from Tony. The last one I hadn't been able to find, and I was beginning to think I hadn't won them at all. Just now I was doing a bit of cleaning, and I found Night Songs, Long Cold Winter, and Heartbreak Station under a pile of bills, letters, and other random papers. Kinda feels like Christmas came early, but I'm also scared that I legitimately have a problem. I guess from here on out, I'll be using this thread for advice more so than entertainment.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sorta off topic, as I don't have to hide my "addiction," but I think I just realized that this whole music collecting is my addiction.

Have you guys ever found CDs you didn't realize you had lost? Back in the Spring I had bought a shit-tonne of CDs. About 30 from the Retrospect Spring Cleaning Sale, around 15 from the Retrospect used selection, a bunch of auctions from Dave and a few Cinderella discs from Tony. The last one I hadn't been able to find, and I was beginning to think I hadn't won them at all. Just now I was doing a bit of cleaning, and I found Night Songs, Long Cold Winter, and Heartbreak Station under a pile of bills, letters, and other random papers. Kinda feels like Christmas came early, but I'm also scared that I legitimately have a problem. I guess from here on out, I'll be using this thread for advice more so than entertainment.

LOL that's a funny story mate but like a junkie i always remember where i've put my fix.

• 2 weeks later...

All the time, I just ordered the HEAT - Address The Nation CD last week along with others and realised I already had it. Luckily I was able to cancel that one :) Shit like that only happens to me when I get a big haul and can't stop playing a couple of the CDs so the others get a little bit forgotten about!

• 10 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Being new to this site so I've been catching up on things.We went to Cape Cod this summer using my wife's van which has a storage drawer under the passenger seat.We went to a flea market and I went off by myself,bought around 5 CD's and snuck them back to the van and put them in the storage drawer under some maps.I was very pleased with myself !

Being new to this site so I've been catching up on things.We went to Cape Cod this summer using my wife's van which has a storage drawer under the passenger seat.We went to a flea market and I went off by myself,bought around 5 CD's and snuck them back to the van and put them in the storage drawer under some maps.I was very pleased with myself !

Nicely done sir!

Nicely done sir!

...not least for resurrecting my favourite thread. Good job!

Reading this made me laugh as i've done the same under the seat stealth Jedi mind trick on the demonic controlling hell hath no fury other half.

• My Little Pony

Reading this made me laugh as i've done the same under the seat stealth Jedi mind trick on the demonic controlling hell hath no fury other half.

Shit! Warn a brother before you call your wife that. I was drinking coffee, and damn near spit it all over my keyboard.

Shit! Warn a brother before you call your wife that. I was drinking coffee, and damn near spit it all over my keyboard.

Yeah, I had to check my missus was sitting on the sofa and not in your house! ;)

• My Little Pony

Yeah, I had to check my missus was sitting on the sofa and not in your house! ;)

Aaaaaand this thread has just defended it's title as the greatest of all time.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I don't think my wife would make a scene in public if she saw that I bought them.But why take the risk? Plus,when you get away with doing it successfully it kind of encourages you !

Didn't your mom tell you, don't drink and type.

Or something....

• My Little Pony

Or something....

Is that something mums would say? My mum died when I was three. We didn't have a computer then.

:tumbsup:

Rock n f***in' roll!

BTW, shhhh - I've just looked; she's still there.

Or something....

Is that something mums would say? My mum died when I was three. We didn't have a computer then.

:doh:

Are you serious?

:anon:

I feel like dog shit...

Or something....

She told me if i ever marry a harpie from Hell's vile bowels,drinking will help.

Your wife is lovely.

Is she likely to be doing some baking any time soon? ;)

• 1 month later...

Dear Lord,

I know I haven't asked you for anything recently, but I do have one thing to ask.

Please let me get to my Stormspell package, before the CD Nazi does.

She was very understanding with the last package she found, but this time will not be so patient.

If you get to meet me in person by next week, my Prayer went unnoticed.

Amen!

• 2023 Gold Donors

Next time send it to my house and I'll forward it to you.I'll package it with the words"Male Enhancement Pills and Pump Enclosed"on the outside.Even if she gets to it first she won't open it !

Next time send it to my house and I'll forward it to you.I'll package it with the words"Male Enhancement Pills and Pump Enclosed"on the outside.Even if she gets to it first she won't open it !

Good Idea,

I just don't trust you with my c.d.'s... :tsk:

You can turn to religion or turn to me.Your choice ! But I'm a trust worthy guy !

Finding someone to get your CDs sent to, who could do such a thing? ;)

You can turn to religion or turn to me.Your choice ! But I'm a trust worthy guy !

I was joking Oiley.

If I sent my c.d.'s to your house, how would I get them in my house?

Problem was, I was drunk, when I made my purchase ( I didn't realize how it would be shipped).