Banshee CD's Available

they are cdrs.

they said if they re-press they will be silver... but i'd say this will only happen if sales are good enough.

It should be the other way around. Why would anyone want to invest extra money into silverpressed releases if their cdrs sell good? :unsure:

Because peolpe got cd-r's when they thought they were getting silver presed?

In an ideal world - absolutely! I'm all with you on this. In reality, though, you either re-press immediately and make your fans happy, or keep selling the cdrs...

Backed and that's why I haven't ordered any of the cdrs.

If I wanted cdrs I'd burn my own.

If they do reissue these silver pressed cds then I'll place an order.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - some real eye-openers here. Understandable though - a band like Banshee is popular enough to release silver cd's.

I do find it kinda funny how some people equate silver discs with 'originals'.

Fortunately 90% of Retrospect releases are now of the silver kind , I even silver-pressed some good cd-r sellers that did so well. Not to mention I actually have the money now to invest in all silver cd's.

Look , here's the bottom line , a band like Banshee is popular enough to release silver discs - hell I would have financed that. Smaller acts with a 4 song EP is hard to justify pressing 500+ copies.

One other point to the guy ragging on Tommy Flood - listen , there are ALOT of bands playing out right now in clubs or wherever that sell cd-r's to their audience , do not chastise them for that , it's the only way they can make gas money and if they can only afford a small run of 100 discs then they have every right to do so. It's still THEIR music and they deserve to be paid for it no matter if it's bought as an MP3 or a polka dot cd-r.

Pretty soon people will be bitching about an MP3 not being an 'original' - HAHAHAHAHA

Ok , c'mon that was slightly humorous....

they are cdrs.

they said if they re-press they will be silver... but i'd say this will only happen if sales are good enough.

It should be the other way around. Why would anyone want to invest extra money into silverpressed releases if their cdrs sell good? :unsure:

Because peolpe got cd-r's when they thought they were getting silver presed?

In an ideal world - absolutely! I'm all with you on this. In reality, though, you either re-press immediately and make your fans happy, or keep selling the cdrs...

Backed and that's why I haven't ordered any of the cdrs.

If I wanted cdrs I'd burn my own.

If they do reissue these silver pressed cds then I'll place an order.

I'd pick up the Cry In The Night CD regardless since its never been available on CD in any format before just for the sound quality alone. Beats listening to a crappy cassette rip.

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd bump this...I've emailed the band twice now about the silver pressing of Cry In The Night cd. He (Tommy) responded to the first email & said that they'd be available in November. I emailed him twice more in December & haven't heard back...so I guess he really is a scumbag liar. :fu:

Thought I'd bump this...I've emailed the band twice now about the silver pressing of Cry In The Night cd. He (Tommy) responded to the first email & said that they'd be available in November. I emailed him twice more in December & haven't heard back...so I guess he really is a scumbag liar. :fu:

So are the other two released silver pressed yet?

Don't have a clue, but my guess would be no.

Don't have a clue, but my guess would be no.

I think I'd asked the question back in the Summer but they never responded. :screwy:

i've opened yesterday take'em....i don't like it as cry in the night but for 9 euros(was on a special offer from a greek distro) i grabbed it without hesitating....i'm not cd expert but it looks silver pressed and has one bonus trax(by the way, who would seal cdr-s? except some japos doing this with some yngwie and nwobhm boots i don't know anybody else....) and came sealed....but someone should tell them that we're living in 2009....practically there's no booklet(only some photos widely availiable in the net) and thus no lyrics.....

in general i'll take the canadian banshee over them anytime....but they also rawk...