Adelitas Way

Glen

Havent heard these guys before but these songs are amazing! How the F is this band unsigned???!

'So What If You Go' and 'My Derailment' (check that solo! :banger: ) are bloody great songs. Period.

http://www.myspace.com/adelitasway

If anyone can give me any news on these guys I would well appreciate it.

Cheers

Glen

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent heard these guys before but these songs are amazing! How the F is this band unsigned???!

'So What If You Go' and 'My Derailment' (check that solo! :banger: ) are bloody great songs. Period.

http://www.myspace.com/adelitasway

If anyone can give me any news on these guys I would well appreciate it.

Cheers

Glen

Glen, you have outdone yourself yet again. First Tupelo Honey, and now this. This band is sweet! Awesome find. You're right though, how the shit have these guys not put an album out. They're just teasin' us dammit.

Chris

Wow......this is DAMN good stuff!!! Thanks for the 'heads up'!!!! Geoff and Tim(2) need to hear these guys!!!

• 1 month later...

Latest news -

"hey guys we are hard at work finally finishing the new album. Im really excited about it, and i cant wait for you to all hear it.

We just left the studio in vancouver canada and should be finishing soon and have some new songs for everyone to hear

rick"

:tumbsup: cant wait to hear some more tracks. This has some potential and then some.

Latest news -

"hey guys we are hard at work finally finishing the new album. Im really excited about it, and i cant wait for you to all hear it.

We just left the studio in vancouver canada and should be finishing soon and have some new songs for everyone to hear

rick"

:tumbsup: cant wait to hear some more tracks. This has some potential and then some.

I even added their myspace website to my favorites just so I could keep tabs on these guys and listen to those awesome tunes. I'm dying for the album.

Chris

Wow, this one sounds right up my street, love those vocals & "My Derailment" is an AWESOME tune. Can't believe this is an unsigned band, def let us know when the album hits the shops.... :beerbang:

Yeah great sounding stuff. There is a fairly strong Nickelback vibe at times but mainly in the vocal department. Some cool guitar solos in there as well. I'm sure we'll be seeing an album from these guys in no time.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep bringing this thread back to the top - cos Im soooo excited by this and cant wait for it to be released -hopefully later in 2008!

Another new song up 'Closer To You'.......continues the awesomeness! If all the Myspace tracks are on the album its gonna be great

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I know... I'm 8000 years late but WOW! These guys are excellent. I will have my fly undone in anticipation for this release. Every song on the myspace page (except maybe 'Brother') is a killer.

WOW that is some good stuff. Kind of combines the best of emo and modern rock. I like this alot.

• 3 weeks later...

From Melrock -

News from Rick Dejesus.

"we meet with the president of virgin, warner, and rca/jive all in the next 2 weeks, the record is coming out great, i'm very excited about it, we are also changing management to de goot(chevelle, theory of a deadman, shinedown) big news will be coming soon ;)"

Rick

:tumbsup:

• 1 month later...
deal now signed and album due in December 08 - cant wait!

That is awesome news. I've had their myspace page saved to my favorites list just so I can listen to their samples every so often in anticipation.

From Melrock.net -

"Adelitas Way signs with Virgin/Capitol - First signing for new head of a&r at the label Rob Stevenson (previously Island def jam and also known for his inprint Stolen Transmission).

The band also signed management with InDeGoot."

Apparently the band have enough songs to put an album out, but Virgin want another 15 songs so they can hand pick which ones will make the album - WTF.

Album now not due til March 2009. :crying:

2009 just got better tho :tumbsup:

Yeah, I saw that yesterday that they were signed to Virgin. Good deal for them. I don't like that whole extra 15 songs, though, as it means a lot of gems are going to get overlooked.

• 1 month later...

I assume I'm spinning the same 4 track demo as you are, Glen. If so, I'll be goddamned if 'Last stand' and 'My derailment' aren't two of the best songs from 2008. One great ballad and one delicious hard rocker... love 'em.

I assume I'm spinning the same 4 track demo as you are, Glen. If so, I'll be goddamned if 'Last stand' and 'My derailment' aren't two of the best songs from 2008. One great ballad and one delicious hard rocker... love 'em.

Mate I love all 4.

Closer To You - great ballad

Last Stand - awesome ballad

My Derailment - :bowdown: i love this song - that solo kills

So What If You Go - another killer rocker

If they can continue this quality for a whole album, then I cant see anything beating this to No 1 modern rock album for 2009. Even Roach.

Mate I love all 4.

Closer To You - great ballad

Last Stand - awesome ballad

My Derailment - :bowdown: i love this song - that solo kills

So What If You Go - another killer rocker

If they can continue this quality for a whole album, then I cant see anything beating this to No 1 modern rock album for 2009. Even Roach.

Yeah, all four songs are great... but the middle two are my faves. 'My derailment' really is a gem.

.........PS, anyone interested they are all on their myspace page.

Yep, still got this one on top of my upcoming want list, along with Wake The Light.

.........PS, anyone interested they are all on their myspace page.

Yep, still got this one on top of my upcoming want list, along with Wake The Light.

Wow!!! Another ballad band by the sound of those clips (except 'Broken Wings'), but holy shit! Great songs. That chorus on 'Paper dolls'... zomfg. Looking forward to this one too now! :lol:

• 1 month later...

A little update - looking like May now for the album.

hey guys just checkin in from chicago we just finished the first half our the new record its going great, we start the final tracks on monday, Alot of bands are putting out 10 song records and we wanna give more to our amazing fans so we are gonna do more like a 12 song record we ae very excited about it, we cant wait to see you all when we hit the road in FEB and its looking like the album will be out everywhere in early May we are so excited to get this to you and rock out!!!

:drink:

• 2 months later...

Just heard another song from the new album 'Like A Disease'.......a mid paced burner with another killer solo.

Shapin up to be something pretty special me thinks. :tumbsup: