DAKOTA ROCK FEST!

Evil Rick

Finally something is going to be in my neck of the woods!

DAKOTA ROCK FEST

An Extraordinary 2-Day Outdoor

Concert Experience From Sioux Falls, SD

JULY 25TH & 26TH, 2008

SIOUX EMPIRE FESTIVAL GROUNDS

Dakota Rock Fest bands include:

SKID ROW

JACKYL

SLAUGHTER

FIREHOUSE

LA GUNS

BANG TANGO

FASTER PUSSYCAT

SMOKIN' (Boston tribute band)

DEAD OR ALIVE

PARADISE CITY (GnR tribute band)

HAIR GUITAR (80's rock tribute band)

ESCAPE (Journey tribute band)

JUKEBOX ZEROS

Tickets are $40 for a two day pass.

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally something is going to be in my neck of the woods!

DAKOTA ROCK FEST

An Extraordinary 2-Day Outdoor

Concert Experience From Sioux Falls, SD

JULY 25TH & 26TH, 2008

SIOUX EMPIRE FESTIVAL GROUNDS

Dakota Rock Fest bands include:

SKID ROW

JACKYL

SLAUGHTER

FIREHOUSE

LA GUNS

BANG TANGO

FASTER PUSSYCAT

SMOKIN' (Boston tribute band)

DEAD OR ALIVE

PARADISE CITY (GnR tribute band)

HAIR GUITAR (80's rock tribute band)

ESCAPE (Journey tribute band)

JUKEBOX ZEROS

Tickets are $40 for a two day pass.

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

That should be a lot of fun. Can I crash on your couch if I decide to go? ;)

That should be a lot of fun. Can I crash on your couch if I decide to go? ;)

Sure...couch, floor, yard, cow pasture, or wherever you fall for the night! :drink:

That's awesome... and so cheap!!!

:lol: @ the band name Hair Guitar.

Good one, eh? :tumbsup: Did you check out their website?

http://keytarmusic.com/hairband.htm

I actually did. Although it's kind of laughable I must admit I'd be pretty interested if they decided to record some originals. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm probably the only one on this board who will be attending (Widow, you in??) but here is the lineup...

FRIDAY July 25

5:00pm - 11:00pm

Jukebox Zeros

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

FIrehouse

SATURDAY July 26

11:00am - 12:00am

Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi Tribute

Bang Tango

Paradise City - Guns n Roses Tribute

Faster Pussycat

L A Guns

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Escape - Journey Tribute

Slaughter

Skid Row

Jackyl

Tickets:

Friday

$20

Saturday

$30

Friday & Saturday

$40 (in advance)

$45 (at the gate)

VIP Tickets

$150 - Includes ticket for both days, food and drink and access to VIP tent!

I think this is going to be a pretty damn good time (if I can keep from passing out before Jackyl hits the stage Saturday night!)

So I'm probably the only one on this board who will be attending (Widow, you in??) but here is the lineup...

FRIDAY July 25

5:00pm - 11:00pm

Jukebox Zeros

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

FIrehouse

SATURDAY July 26

11:00am - 12:00am

Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi Tribute

Bang Tango

Paradise City - Guns n Roses Tribute

Faster Pussycat

L A Guns

Smokin' - Boston Tribute

Escape - Journey Tribute

Slaughter

Skid Row

Jackyl

Tickets:

Friday

$20

Saturday

$30

Friday & Saturday

$40 (in advance)

$45 (at the gate)

VIP Tickets

$150 - Includes ticket for both days, food and drink and access to VIP tent!

I think this is going to be a pretty damn good time (if I can keep from passing out before Jackyl hits the stage Saturday night!)

Even though I've seen most of those bands that still would be a lot of fun. :tumbsup:

Is that the Phil LA Guns or the crappy Tracii version?

Even though I've seen most of those bands that still would be a lot of fun. :tumbsup:

My understanding is it's the Phil version, which is just fine in my book. Of the bands that will be there, the only ones I've seen before are Firehouse and Slaughter, and I could go for seeing Firehouse every summer.

My understanding is it's the Phil version, which is just fine in my book. Of the bands that will be there, the only ones I've seen before are Firehouse and Slaughter, and I could go for seeing Firehouse every summer.

I could see Firehouse about everyday because they're that good live.

I've seen Firehouse, LA Guns, Jackyl, Slaughter, Faster Pussycat, Skid Row but have never seen Bang Tango.

I saw Jackyl in a club outside of St Louis years ago when they were on that Guiness Book of World Records tour where they did 100 shows in 50 days and they f#@king ruled. Tesla's Brian Wheat's band Soulmotor opened for them and they were solid too. But Jackyl had had some flight delay coming from North Carolina and walked straight on stage from the airport with no soundcheck and just rocked the house.

I could see Firehouse about everyday because they're that good live.

I've seen Firehouse, LA Guns, Jackyl, Slaughter, Faster Pussycat, Skid Row but have never seen Bang Tango.

I saw Jackyl in a club outside of St Louis years ago when they were on that Guiness Book of World Records tour where they did 100 shows in 50 days and they f#@king ruled. Tesla's Brian Wheat's band Soulmotor opened for them and they were solid too. But Jackyl had had some flight delay coming from North Carolina and walked straight on stage from the airport with no soundcheck and just rocked the house.

That's awesome to hear, Jackyl is the one band I'm really looking forward to seeing along with Firehouse. I had a chance to see Jackyl up in Fargo a couple years back but unfortunately my grandma passed away then so I never made it.

I think Bang Tango and Skid Row will probably put on a good show. I don't have very high expectations for Faster Pussycat but the rest of the bands should be alright.

I'm sorry Rick that you have to go to sewer city to see that show.

Nope, shows in Sioux Falls, SD, not Sioux City, Iowa (Sewer City). It's only a 15 minute drive for me to get to the show. :)

I'm sorry Rick that you have to go to sewer city to see that show.

Nope, shows in Sioux Falls, SD, not Sioux City, Iowa (Sewer City). It's only a 15 minute drive for me to get to the show. :)

Wheew a much nicer city to see the show in.

I'm not sure that it will be the Phil version. La Guns, Faster Pussycat, and Bang Tango are doing a small summer tour together. They are playing together around me this summer too...just a week before this festival. I'm fairly sure this is the Tracii version of LA Guns and the Taime version of Faster Pussycat. I'll be skipping that one for sure. I am most likely the only one who would rather see the Brent version of faster Pussycat...and of course, I'd much rather see the Phil version on LA Guns.

I hope I am wrong about this...but the links to those two bands which are on the website from the club they are playing are those of Tracii and Taime.

http://jaxxroxx.com/jaxx_cal.htm

PS: if this is true... sorry to bring you this news. :crying:

I'm not sure that it will be the Phil version. La Guns, Faster Pussycat, and Bang Tango are doing a small summer tour together. They are playing together around me this summer too...just a week before this festival. I'm fairly sure this is the Tracii version of LA Guns and the Taime version of Faster Pussycat. I'll be skipping that one for sure. I am most likely the only one who would rather see the Brent version of faster Pussycat...and of course, I'd much rather see the Phil version on LA Guns.

I hope I am wrong about this...but the links to those two bands which are on the website from the club they are playing are those of Tracii and Taime.

http://jaxxroxx.com/jaxx_cal.htm

PS: if this is true... sorry to bring you this news. :crying:

Yup, you're right. It is the Tracii version and not the Phil Guns that is going to be there. The Rockfest website has a link to the wrong L.A. Guns homepage so I assumed it was the Phil version. :(

Holy Crap!! Am I seeing things or is Pete and the mighty Rockarma going to be at Dakota Rockfest??!! F-ing Fantastic if true! Pete...PLEASE REPLY NOW!!! :multi:

Holy Crap!! Am I seeing things or is Pete and the mighty Rockarma going to be at Dakota Rockfest??!! F-ing Fantastic if true! Pete...PLEASE REPLY NOW!!! :multi:

How about that? I was wondering if that was gonna go through... :woot:

Damon said he thought we were in, but I was waiting until I got some definite news. I guess being listed on the website is pretty definite...

So Rick, I guess we'll have a few new pics for the "Who have you met in person from HH" thread... :drink:

Now...doesn't that make up for the Tracii version of LA Guns..? :wacko:

Well...maybe not...but it should be cool anyway. :butt:

Damon said he thought we were in, but I was waiting until I got some definite news. I guess being listed on the website is pretty definite...

So Rick, I guess we'll have a few new pics for the "Who have you met in person from HH" thread... :drink:

That is awesome news, I can't wait to meet you in person bro (if your not too busy with the groupies) and hear you guys play! :beerbang:

Now...doesn't that make up for the Tracii version of LA Guns..? :wacko:

Well...maybe not...but it should be cool anyway. :butt:

:lol: From what I hear of the Tracii version of LA Guns, there ain't much that can make up for that... ;)

That is awesome news, I can't wait to meet you in person bro (if your not too busy with the groupies) and hear you guys play! :beerbang:

Uh... groupies? What groupies? (Is my wife reading this thread?) :unsure:

Hell yeah, meeting you will be one of the highlights brother! :drink:

Arg.....Rockarma at Dakota Rockfest means now I have to beg my wife to make the trip. :doh:

Does the offer to crash at your pad Rick include round trip to and from the concert :blink: Because I have a feeling this will be us ------------> :drink2:

Of course Pete might be persuaded to have a brew with us too if he is not too busy being a Rockstar :lol:

Arg.....Rockarma at Dakota Rockfest means now I have to beg my wife to make the trip. :doh:

Does the offer to crash at your pad Rick include round trip to and from the concert :blink: Because I have a feeling this will be us ------------> :drink2:

Of course Pete might be persuaded to have a brew with us too if he is not too busy being a Rockstar :lol:

I thought having a brew was part of being a rockstar... I better read the manual again, I suck at following instructions... ;)

Hope to see you there too m'man! :drink:

:rofl2: Yeah, I'm sure a few brews will be tipped, but getting to and from the show will not be a problem at all Chad. :tumbsup:

And starting with Mother's Day you should have plenty of time to get your wife to give you the green light. Plus, our wives could get together and try to figure out why us guys still like "that kind of music".