Kreator

Kreator  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good topic... I voted for the slighly more tuneful follow-up "Coma of Souls", but "Extreme Aggression" is a good one too. Another band still making good music to this day.

Though I do think that SODOM's "Agent Orange" is the best German Thrash album....

I just have not been able to get into this group yet.

I am not a huge fan of thrash, but I like early Metallica and a good bit of Testament, especially their latest release.

Where would be a good point for me to start with Kreator?

Yeah the European thrash bands are a bit more raw-sounding than the Americans. Maybe their last album "Enemy of God" is as good a place as any, but if you're expecting polished thrash then you might want to avoid Destruction/Kreator/Sodom etc...

P.s. If you want a really good recent Thrash album & you love early Metallica check out EVILE's "Enter the Grave" album. You'll love it!

Never got whole hog into these guys (they were more my brother's thang)... they had a few decent songs here and there... I guess if I had to pick one I'd say "Extreme Aggression"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it takes a very special person to listen to endless pain, for me its Coma Of Souls, When The Sun Burns Red is far away the tightest jam they ever did, followed by World Beyond, what's the cd from 2005 like? are they still thrash?

Never got whole hog into these guys (they were more my brother's thang)... they had a few decent songs here and there... I guess if I had to pick one I'd say "Extreme Aggression"

Same here I love thrash but for some reason I never got into Kreator.

• 2 years later...

Same here I love thrash but for some reason I never got into Kreator.

Oh I'm into Kreator now. I went with Coma Of Souls, I have to say everything up to Coma is just fantastic. Then they put out a few duds then came Violent Revolution...holy shit what a come back album.

I've heard a few tracks here and there and on that basis I went for 'Coma of Souls'. It seems to have slightly more melody at times and plenty of variation, rather than the constant hundred miles per hour barrage of noise of some of their other stuff. Also, "When The Sun Burns Red" is easily the best track I've heard by the band; a storming tune.

• 1 month later...
Guest aggelos978

I think that ''the new ara'' of Kreator and talking about the period after Outcast and Endorama is preety good...

I mean they put aside the old 'raw' thrash sound (which I like too) and gave some modern appraoch of thrash metal in their sound.

At least they still kick ass after so many years...

Onslaught,Destruction and Artillery did release some very nice imo...

:party421:

• 3 months later...