Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Favorite CD  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great band. The Dude's voice takes a bit of getting use to but very good tunes. I went with Young Wild and Free. Still have it on vinyl. One of Canada's finest.

"Take A Deep Breath" was my pick. Totally essential disc IMO.

"Young Wild & Free" for me but you cannot go wrong with any of them. :headbanger:

'Take A Deep Breath' for me. although I like the debut as well. Not as keen on 'Love Machine'

'Take a deep breath' is the easy pick for me too. Brilliant disc. I have to admit I'm not actually a big fan of the debut, but I do rate 'Love machine' very high as well. 'Still the one' is sensational.

I can't believe I'm the only vote for Love Machine, I always seem to vote with the majority in these polls. BR ripped it up on that release. Take A Deep Breath was good but safe, Love Machine was to me a terrific last gasp effort, thus letting go of the mainstream AOR sound of the previous releases and going a bit more Metal.

Still The One is a great ballad and the rockers Mr. Mistreater and Nightcrawler are amazing. I know the album hasn't been heard by as many people as the first two, but it's worth searching out for.

I won't vote here because i've not heard "Take A Deep Breath" yet, but both the other albums are excellent. I prefer "Love Machine" over "Young Wild & Free", but not by much. Great band, not a filler in sight on those two albums.

:banger:

For those interested here is a few lines from a Fraze Gang interview...

In closing, Fraser addresses the rumours that Brighton Rock’s original five man line-up will be getting back together in 2008 for some reunion shows. Turns out it's not just talk.

“Andy Curran from Coney Hatch is a good friend of ours – we play hockey with him a lot – and he’s itching to get out there,” says Fraser. “He’s good buddies with Kim Mitchell, and every summer Kim does little tours and some festival dates. He wants to do a kind of rock package and we’re on board if it happens. At this point he’s looking at Southern Ontario, but it’s just a feeling out process and nothing has been booked. It would be us, Kim Mitchell, Andy Curran and the Killer Dwarfs. It wouldn’t necessarily be all four bands on the bill at the same time, but everybody’s into it. All the guys in Brighton Rock said yes, same with the Dwarfs, so we’re just waiting now to see what happens.”

In closing, Fraser addresses the rumours that Brighton Rock’s original five man line-up will be getting back together in 2008 for some reunion shows. Turns out it's not just talk.

“Andy Curran from Coney Hatch is a good friend of ours – we play hockey with him a lot – and he’s itching to get out there,” says Fraser. “He’s good buddies with Kim Mitchell, and every summer Kim does little tours and some festival dates. He wants to do a kind of rock package and we’re on board if it happens. At this point he’s looking at Southern Ontario, but it’s just a feeling out process and nothing has been booked. It would be us, Kim Mitchell, Andy Curran and the Killer Dwarfs. It wouldn’t necessarily be all four bands on the bill at the same time, but everybody’s into it. All the guys in Brighton Rock said yes, same with the Dwarfs, so we’re just waiting now to see what happens.”

Wow, cool news. I always forget about that Fraze Gang disc, but it was actually okay, wasn't it?

Wow, cool news. I always forget about that Fraze Gang disc, but it was actually okay, wasn't it?

Agreed the Fraze Gang release is quite good....

I can't believe I'm the only vote for Love Machine; I always seem to vote with the majority in these polls. BR ripped it up on that release. Love Machine was to me a terrific last gasp effort...letting go of the mainstream AOR sound of the previous releases and going a bit more metal.

Still The One is a great ballad and the rockers Mr. Mistreater and Nightcrawler are amazing. I know the album hasn't been heard by as many people as the first two, but it's worth searching out for.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised by the lack of love for "Love Machine"; thought that bad boy would be a little closer in the polls. At one point I owned all the Brighton Rock albums, but over the years as I've whittled things from my collection that I didn't feel were essential, the first two CDs went bye-bye, but "Love Machine" still remains to this day. I still find it hard to believe that after the safer-than-safe AOR of "Take a Deep Breath" they managed to turn around and deliver a hard-hitting ass-kicker of an album. An interesting decision to say the least, but I for one am glad they made it. :)

I can't believe I'm the only vote for Love Machine; I always seem to vote with the majority in these polls. BR ripped it up on that release. Love Machine was to me a terrific last gasp effort...letting go of the mainstream AOR sound of the previous releases and going a bit more metal.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised by the lack of love for "Love Machine"; thought that bad boy would be a little closer in the polls. At one point I owned all the Brighton Rock albums, but over the years as I've whittled things from my collection that I didn't feel were essential, the first two CDs went bye-bye, but "Love Machine" still remains to this day. I still find it hard to believe that after the safer-than-safe AOR of "Take a Deep Breath" they managed to turn around and deliver a hard-hitting ass-kicker of an album. An interesting decision to say the least, but I for one am glad they made it. :)

Don't get me wrong I love them all and yes Love Machine is a kick ass rocker disc that every melodic metal fan should have in their collection.

• 1 year later...

Have never heard much of this band and to this day don't know why :unsure:

May have to do something to rectify that soon :idea:

:doh: I voted and didn't post so I don't remember if I voted "Young Wild And Free" or "Take A Deep Breath". :doh: Oh well. Both are great followed closely by "Love Machine". Excellent band!!