Shannon

Dead Planet

Really enjoyed their self-titled first release, and the EP they put out last year was cool too.

Got "Angel in Disguise" in the mail today, and can't wait to give it a full listen. :banger:

Mike

Loved their debut, and thought the EP was pretty cool. I am very, very interested in hearing this disc. I'll have to check it out asap.

• 4 weeks later...

It's definitelty pretty solid but I have to admit I was kind of let down. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as their debut. It's more straight up hard rock, and not so much with the big melodic feel of the gems from the debut. But their EP indicated a new direction and this kind of confirms it. Okay, but not great imo.

• 1 month later...
It's definitelty pretty solid but I have to admit I was kind of let down. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as their debut. It's more straight up hard rock, and not so much with the big melodic feel of the gems from the debut. But their EP indicated a new direction and this kind of confirms it. Okay, but not great imo.

I can only echo what I said here. The ballad at track 6 is about the best on offer here, and even that is average at best, imo. This isn't bad hard rock, but there's nothing here to make this album stand out above the most average hard rock CD out there.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can only echo what I said here. The ballad at track 6 is about the best on offer here, and even that is average at best, imo. This isn't bad hard rock, but there's nothing here to make this album stand out above the most average hard rock CD out there.

Check this out again Geoff,

I felt the same the first time i heard it... however i think the problem is there are about 3 too many tracks.. if theyd cut off the final 3 or so its a pretty cool album.. but too long.. and goes nowhere at the end.

Check this out again Geoff,

I felt the same the first time i heard it... however i think the problem is there are about 3 too many tracks.. if theyd cut off the final 3 or so its a pretty cool album.. but too long.. and goes nowhere at the end.

I actually really disliked it last time I heard it, when I was looking for Ipod material. I like the debut and have a few songs off that on my Ipod, but yeah, really dislike this new one.

I was expecting a better album, after the great debut that they delivered.

It's not bad, but it isn't so good as the first release of this French band.

was the debut just an ep?

Not at all - killer full debut album:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...;CDName=Shannon

Check out 'Goin' crazy' and 'One in a million' for two of the best they've recorded... but this whole disc is pretty damn good. Way better than what they're doing now.