Combine Sites...?

LV KIX

I was wondering what other thought about this:

I don't really go to the "Brutal Metal" and "Heaven's Metal" sites that much... but every now and then when I can't find a band on the "Heavy Harmonies" site I'll check the others. I was wondering if anyone thinks it would work if all the sites were combine into "Heavy Harmonies"..? Chicago is already listed on "Heavy Harmonies"... So I don't see any harm in putting the "Brutal" and "Heaven's" on this same site.

I know this all goes back to "genre labels"... But not many here would argue that there is nothing "Heavy" about Chicago. When I can't find bands such as Savatage and Iron Maiden on the main site but then notice Chicago it makes me wonder why we don't combine all the sites.

I think this would save time for the moderators and even save money for Dan. I know Dan could live with that. Maybe just make the band names different colors so we would know what type of music they play..?

Any thoughts..?

~Dave~

PS: I'm not picking on Chicago, only using them as an example... :whistle:

Well it all started as one site, but then I spun off Brutal Metal. At the time there were quite a few local folks that expressed interest in working on brutalmetal, but that evaporated, hence the comparatively poor activity and maintenance on that site.

Given that in the interim, brutalmetal has been expanded to include death metal, thrash, etc., recombining them will not happen.

-Dan

Well it all started as one site, but then I spun off Brutal Metal. At the time there were quite a few local folks that expressed interest in working on brutalmetal, but that evaporated, hence the comparatively poor activity and maintenance on that site.

Given that in the interim, brutalmetal has been expanded to include death metal, thrash, etc., recombining them will not happen.

-Dan

Guess that took care of that... :unsure:

Wasn't aware of the history of it. I see your point.

No need for anymore replies here... :whistle:

Is there a way to make a search here link to results on Brutal Metal?

I think thats a great idea. Any possibilities in having the search feature pull up results for all three sites?