Have things Changed Around here?

heaven&hell

...but what kind of example are you setting? ;)

He is following the example set by Eric Brittingham, and the Brittingham Example supersedes all others. :bowdown:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the people here. I truly do. There are people I know are good for a laugh when I am in pissy mood. Some who just know their shit musically. I love the board. As for it changing, well people come and go. The core has stuck. I have a group of favorite people, but everyone is packed with awesomeness™. There are people who frustrate me, but are important to the board none the less. This is the best board ever. I love that for the most part I can talk shit and people know that I am full of shit. I can call Wes a festering pile of dog poo who has zero good taste in music and although he knows it's true, he knows I meant it in the best possible way. Right Wes? I can tell Pete that Rockarma, Farrcry and Shotgun Alli combined don't come close to that pile of crap Bulletboys CD ZaZa. He knows it's true and respects my musical knowledge. Right Pete? I can tell Geoff that his obsession with my penis is unhealthy, but that doesn't keep him from loving it anyways. Right Geoff? So in conclusion, you people are the best group of people on any board I have ever been a member of. I am honored to be included in the mix and completely blown away at being chosen as the most favorite person here.

Disclaimer:The views expressed concerning certain people here are totally made up and ficticious. I upgraded Wes to dog poo. Haven't bothered listening to anything Pete has recorded, and think Geoff is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gay. Kisses darling. Also, this is the only board I have ever belong to.

Today I have learned that it is hard to disprove what is the truth. Seriously, if you guys saw this thing. Don't hate what you don't know.

That's a kick in the (large) balls to hear about your supervisor. My advice would be to hurt him physically. I've had similar problems at work but sadly this site's pretty much the only thing that gets me through the day so I take risks to post here and then pat myself on the back for being rebelious. I'm a teenage rebel and I'm wild and reckless - I care little about anything.

Once Eric Brittingham disposes of your supervisor I look forward to the return of the J.

I Have been coming here for over 5 years now and things have pretty much stayed the same. People come and people go, that's life, but the main core of people are still here.

I find myself spending more time here than I have ever done, more down to the fact that I have access to a PC at work now (which makes my boring breaks at work all the more easier).

I also agree that people try to make newcomers as welcome as possible, but obviously it is a little difficult at first, as there is obviously the 'Cliquey' thing going on, as with most boards, but once people get to know each other (if they stay long enough) all should be well.

Personalities here are very different obviously, which can cause problems, but not very often over the years, and I don't think anyone here comes here to 'Stir Up The Shit' as it were, although, on occassions people need to be told and I for one certainly aren't afraid of doing so, unlike maybe some others who are happy to keep the peace it seems. That is not my way and I don't apologise for it one bit. Flamewars are flamewars - if ya don't like 'em, keep out of 'em and go and read something else (although I notice that most people read them and the 'hits' go up - human nature!!).

HH Remains for me, the best board out there bar non, I really like the majority of the people that I have got to know over the years (hence why I spend my time here) and wouldn't change anything about it - Long may it continue.

I feel the love. Id hug you... but your a nobhead.

I Have been coming here for over 5 years now and things have pretty much stayed the same. People come and people go, that's life, but the main core of people are still here.

I find myself spending more time here than I have ever done, more down to the fact that I have access to a PC at work now (which makes my boring breaks at work all the more easier).

I also agree that people try to make newcomers as welcome as possible, but obviously it is a little difficult at first, as there is obviously the 'Cliquey' thing going on, as with most boards, but once people get to know each other (if they stay long enough) all should be well.

Personalities here are very different obviously, which can cause problems, but not very often over the years, and I don't think anyone here comes here to 'Stir Up The Shit' as it were, although, on occassions people need to be told and I for one certainly aren't afraid of doing so, unlike maybe some others who are happy to keep the peace it seems. That is not my way and I don't apologise for it one bit. Flamewars are flamewars - if ya don't like 'em, keep out of 'em and go and read something else (although I notice that most people read them and the 'hits' go up - human nature!!).

HH Remains for me, the best board out there bar non, I really like the majority of the people that I have got to know over the years (hence why I spend my time here) and wouldn't change anything about it - Long may it continue.

...And you are a Sheep shagger :lol:

Dude, we're Aussies. We f*ck alligators and crocodiles (and mongooses, in Matt's case). Not sheep. That's those silly New Zealanders on the other side of the river.

Dude, we're Aussies. We f*ck alligators and crocodiles (and mongooses, in Matt's case). Not sheep. That's those silly New Zealanders on the other side of the river.

Aussies/ New Zealanders = Same thing no?

You have a point, mate.

Actually, while you're here. Matt wanted to ask you a couple of things but he's a little shy. He wanted to know if you're wearing your kilt today? Played any bagpipes this afternoon? He also wants to know why you British guys insist on speaking Welsh?

Anyway, what time is it where you are now... in that beautiful British city, Dublin?

You have a point, mate.

Actually, while you're here. Matt wanted to ask you a couple of things but he's a little shy. He wanted to know if you're wearing your kilt today? Played any bagpipes this afternoon? He also wants to know why you British guys insist on speaking Welsh?

Anyway, what time is it where you are now... in that beautiful British city, Dublin?

I have my kilt on as we speak with my bagpipes waiting for a good blow later!!. The guiness is tasting good as well begorra!! ;)

My mistake, but you both speak with that decidely odd accent that sounds the same.

You have a point, mate.

I have my kilt on as we speak with my bagpipes waiting for a good blow later!!. The guiness is tasting good as well begorra!! ;)

My mistake, but you both speak with that decidely odd accent that sounds the same.

No you di'nt!

When we ask for fish and chips we want chips... not whatever the hell chups are. The New Zealand accent is almost as hard to understand as the British one. But a lot funnier and nicer. :)

I just wish everyone spoke Australian so we could get some sense out of this silly world.

You have a point, mate.

No you di'nt!

When we ask for fish and chips we want chips... not whatever the hell chups are. The New Zealand accent is almost as hard to understand as the British one. But a lot funnier and nicer. :)

I just wish everyone spoke Australian so we could get some sense out of this silly world.

Dont you just love American tv shows when an Aussie comes on and they put subtitles up.....

You have a point, mate.

No you di'nt!

Dont you just love American tv shows when an Aussie comes on and they put subtitles up.....

:lol: I remember that from 'The Amazing Race' a few years ago when they were in Sydney. I was all like, what the f*ck?

I was totally offended when I was in the UK and people thought I was Australian ... and we say chips Aussies say cherps. we say dance.. Aussies say darnce. You have this annoying habit of sticking a "R" in every word and you sound weird :P

Speaking only for myself. It all boils down to time. I have a three year old and a soon to be seven year old. They demand alot of my time, as they should. I still love the music, that has not changed. Music is always playing in my house. I still really enjoy coming to the site to see what everyone is listening to and what I should be seeking. Great site, great people.

I do not post as much as I used to do but rest assured, I am still hanging around and will pipe up when I feel the need. Live to rock and rock to live. Keep the fire burning everyone!

Speaking for myself only, there is a certain whore that keeps me from coming around as much. Their post are useless and well let's face it how much of a whore can one person be? Gobble Gobble.

Seriously, I just find myself with less time. At work I got a new supervisor a little while back and he walks by and says stuff like what kind of example are you setting for others. So I although I have HH up, I can only rarely pull it up to check it out after my shift starts. My old supervisor didn't care, but this one does. Otherwise I would bombard you with my wit and charm all day.

At home, well I am just too tired recently. I find myself just whiped out most times. I am old and frail. I broke 4 bones just last month. No, not really but yeah just too tired. I have one thing on my mind after work. A little time with a certain vegetable. No, not carrots. No, not broccoli. Think green and tiny. :P

I love the people here. I truly do. There are people I know are good for a laugh when I am in pissy mood. Some who just know their shit musically. I love the board. As for it changing, well people come and go. The core has stuck. I have a group of favorite people, but everyone is packed with awesomeness™. There are people who frustrate me, but are important to the board none the less. This is the best board ever. I love that for the most part I can talk shit and people know that I am full of shit. I can call Wes a festering pile of dog poo who has zero good taste in music and although he knows it's true, he knows I meant it in the best possible way. Right Wes? I can tell Pete that Rockarma, Farrcry and Shotgun Alli combined don't come close to that pile of crap Bulletboys CD ZaZa. He knows it's true and respects my musical knowledge. Right Pete? I can tell Geoff that his obsession with my penis is unhealthy, but that doesn't keep him from loving it anyways. Right Geoff? So in conclusion, you people are the best group of people on any board I have ever been a member of. I am honored to be included in the mix and completely blown away at being chosen as the most favorite person here.

Disclaimer:The views expressed concerning certain people here are totally made up and ficticious. I upgraded Wes to dog poo. Haven't bothered listening to anything Pete has recorded, and think Geoff is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gay. Kisses darling. Also, this is the only board I have ever belong to.

An excellent post that is full of truth, except that part about me. :yikes:

Seriously though we need more posts like this from Jason, they have been few and far between for the last 6 months. Besides we never settled the debate of how much a monkey cost and if I am a prick or not. :whistle:

Speaking for myself only, there is a certain whore that keeps me from coming around as much. Their post are useless and well let's face it how much of a whore can one person be? Gobble Gobble.

Seriously, I just find myself with less time. At work I got a new supervisor a little while back and he walks by and says stuff like what kind of example are you setting for others. So I although I have HH up, I can only rarely pull it up to check it out after my shift starts. My old supervisor didn't care, but this one does. Otherwise I would bombard you with my wit and charm all day.

At home, well I am just too tired recently. I find myself just whiped out most times. I am old and frail. I broke 4 bones just last month. No, not really but yeah just too tired. I have one thing on my mind after work. A little time with a certain vegetable. No, not carrots. No, not broccoli. Think green and tiny. :P

Seriously though we need more posts like this from Jason, they have been few and far between for the last 6 months. Besides we never settled the debate of how much a monkey cost and if I am a prick or not. :whistle:

$50 and yes you are!!! :lol:

$50 and yes you are!!! :lol:

:axe::lol:

Great topic Wes to bring up :tumbsup:

Everyone has made valid points here from some people seemingly only interested in a certain style of music, thus mainly only speaking amongst themselves, to people who have simply had enough of doing this and moved on for whatever reasons.

The main problem I feel is that new members never seem to stay around long to inject a bit of freshness with different thoughts and opinions on some topics.

You constantly see that when a new member introduces themself in the introduction thread, everyone welcomes them but whenever they do a post about a topic of discussion, they are often ignored by most or get a reply saying we have already been over this and of course they are going to say, "well fuck you" and never be heard from again. {I'm not saying this happens all the time, but sometimes it does}

I think making the new members feel more involved will go along way to keeping the forums interesting and everyone enthusiastic.

Also creating new topics like Ian does so well, goes along way in keeping the interest and to also introduce some topics that will ruffle some feathers is another good way to introduce some healthy debate.

Anyway, that is just my opinion, and overall I feel we have a mighty fine bunch here and I do enjoy the discussion and banter that does take place here :drink:

Dave makes a point here. I really can't say how the state of this forum was a couple of years back so no help from me 'bout the change part. I can only speak from the new-kid-on-the-block view. It took me over a year to do my first post in this forum. Not because I felt scared or something but I really wanted to kind of know you guys a bit first. Then I decided to jump into the abyss (still there ;) ) and make my voice heard. At first I thought I was speaking to deaf ears and then writing for the blind :lol: and occasionally still do.

I know it takes time to get things rollin' but I'm sure I speak for many newcomers by saying that any feedback can be good feedback. Good or bad, it doesn't matter. If you post here you gotta know what you're doing unless you're picking a fight. Basically this forum thrives on music and humour. If you ain't got humour you're in trouble :whip: Well some insanity helps too....

So speaking for myself, some more feedback on many of the topics that I started would have been welcomed. Even if many of these sucked big time....well all of them <_<

It IS hard trying to establish some kind of friendship here as a newbie but once you succeed this could be the greatest forum ever. It is great from the start but it could be so more. I have enjoyed my time here so far and I think you guys out there are the best :drink: and I hope you can put up with this git even longer.

Just hoping you don't misunderstand my future (and past) posting 'cause "Irony" is my middle name. And yes fresh blood is always healthy to spice up some topics.

On the other hand when English isn't your native tongue you can easily be misunderstood and things can get ugly. So bear that in mind when a foreigner (read: not English-speaking) tries to tell you a thing or two. Well I am certainly a foreigner (take a guess what's my native tongue. Clue: Not Finnish) and I pray to God you understand what I rambling 'bout! :whistle: Or in many cases, you don't need to....

So that was hopefully an insight into a newcomers way of thinking. Better insane than humourless I say and may the force be with you... :spvader:

Really guys, keep it up and rock on :banger:

Stefan -_-

Stefan - Nice post mate!

Don't worry about your English too much. You obviously speak it alot better than some others on these pages, like those silly Australian boys (I think they are being silly, but I can't always understand them??) or the Carrot muncher from Thetford (Wotty), or the very bizarre mix of American types that hang around here. You will be ok I assure you :drink:

Group hug for Stefan!!! Jez you can start it...

He already did. We didn't want to include you.

And yeah, your English is fine, Stefan. If I didn't check I'd have assumed you were Australian, to be honest. :)

Group hug for Stefan!!! Jez you can start it...

He already did. We didn't want to include you.

And yeah, your English is fine, Stefan. If I didn't check I'd have assumed you were Australian, to be honest. :)

What did he say??????? Weirdo! :screwy:

Stefan - Nice post mate!

Don't worry about your English too much. You obviously speak it alot better than some others on these pages, like those silly Australian boys (I think they are being silly, but I can't always understand them??) or the Carrot muncher from Thetford (Wotty), or the very bizarre mix of American types that hang around here. You will be ok I assure you :drink:

I'm sure the Bizarre Americans you speak of are Jason and Pete. :whistle:

Stefan - Nice post mate!

I'm sure the Bizarre Americans you speak of are Jason and Pete. :whistle:

And that weirdo Wes!! :)