Favorite "Q" Band

"Q" Bands  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's good to recognise where our favourite bands' inspiration came from, but I don't think it's healthy to declare something to be 'essentail listening' when everyone's tastes are so different ... Steve Harris loves Golden Earring - as much as I love Iron Maiden, Golden Earring leave me cold; Joe Elliott is a huge fan of Ian Hunter - I'm not ... Lemmy has often professed his admiration for The Beatles, but I doubt that every Motorhead fan out there feels the same ...

For the record, I like a lot of Queen's stuff, but I don't rate their first two albums at all :)

For the record, is this the first time you've agreed with me about anything, ever?

;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we both agree that caramel vodka is a bad idea after a night on the wine :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Went with Q5,although a couple of queensryche albums(empire/op mindcrime) are great,their other stuff isnt apart from here and there,only ever liked quiet riot with shortino,the 88 cd is a fav of mine,and my big sister would probably kill me if she seen that I never went with queen,her favourite band,but never one of mine :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

I'll go with Queensryche, although the band has only 3 tracks that I like since the "Empire" CD.

One More Time

Disconnected

Open

Mindcrime II was a decent album.

• My Little Pony

QUIET RIOT, kinda started the whole metal into the mainstream back in 1983,

Who remembers the first time they heard METAL HEALTH back in 1983 ?

I remember not being born.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, YOUR KIDDING ME RIGHT? QUANTUM FUCKING FUZZ??? whats up to my boys the Jensen brothers? I know you'll never read this, but I love ya, what a disc that nobody even fucking knows exists, but you still killed it, one day somebodys going to discover it, and outside of that, following the by the numbers pattern of Queensryche, Queen, and probably Q5, I CANT BELIEVE QUARTZ ISNT FUCKING ON THIS LIST?? you must have a vendetta against them? but yeah I took those crazy cocksuckin Jensen brothers, Quantum Fuzz could NEVER put on a disc what they could do in front of your face, and in your ears,

Nothing wrong with it from my ears

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q5 for me...though they only had 2 releases and the second one sucked..the first one made a huge impact on me...Queensryche and QR a close second...

Well put. Agree almost completely, but I went with Quireboys since I have recently bought some of their back catalog and am really enjoying it. Q5 'Steel the Light' is a GEM.

Quick Note----most of Q5 original lineup turned into Nightshade. They made music in 90's and also new millenium--You need to buy: Dead of Night, Men of Iron, and lastly Stand and Be True...get "Dead of Night" first.

• 5 weeks later...