The Giant Leap - another Finnish success

Stefan

Pretty damn good. "All In My Head" is the best one on that page. Check it out. Given radio play these guys could be huge. :tumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Wow, it took me a while to find this one, but holy shit. I hope people aren't put off by this sitting in the 'Other music styles' section because this is AOR... granted, a kind of modern AOR/melodic rock, but this will appeal to fans of Over The Edge and On The Rise.

The first song, 'All in my head' is not just good... this is probably the best song I've heard all year. The song is simply stunning. A few of the first few tracks are all solid, with 'Somebody else' and 'All the reasons' (I think) being more magnificence. Not sure exaclty, if it's 4 and 5 or 5 and 6... but there are two songs in the middle that are excellent, and towards the end 'Heaven ain't here' is again splendid.

These guys do suffer from a few ordinary/weak tracks, but the 4 best songs on this are just amazing. Like The New Shining (and 'Red eyes'), if they'd been able to maintain the high standard for the full disc this would have seen sensational.

• 1 year later...

Wowser, just heard their 2nd album and I dare say it's a cut above the debut. Very, very consistent this time round with some real first class hooks and choruses. The first half of the album is great!

Check them out here:

http://www.myspace.com/thegiantleap

As I said above, for fans of On The Rise's debut, as well as a bit of Nelson in there too. Very good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Wowser, just heard their 2nd album and I dare say it's a cut above the debut. Very, very consistent this time round with some real first class hooks and choruses. The first half of the album is great!

Check them out here:

http://www.myspace.com/thegiantleap

As I said above, for fans of On The Rise's debut, as well as a bit of Nelson in there too. Very good stuff.

Listen to this album... clowns! ;)

Okay I just played their song 'Like The First Time' and man I love it!! I can't believe I haven't heard of this band until now. As others have said 'All In My Head' is a great track. Is it just the two albums these guys have put out? Where can I buy them from?

Okay I just played their song 'Like The First Time' and man I love it!! I can't believe I haven't heard of this band until now. As others have said 'All In My Head' is a great track. Is it just the two albums these guys have put out? Where can I buy them from?

Yeah, that's the dilema. I got the debut (I'm pretty sure it's just the 2 discs) from Stefan in a trade, and I'll be hoping in the future to trade the new one with Stefan too. :lol: As for buying it... sorry mate, not sure about that. :(

Why do some bands make it so hard to buy their CD's - both their official website and their MySpace pages don't give any details on where/how to buy their CD's. It's almost as if they don't want to sell any.

• 7 years later...