HH "Reunion" UPDATE!

Blue Charvel

RSVP!!!  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about a H.H. meeting in July in the middle of the country? Jim , Dave?

What.....like maybe in....oh...I dunno.....Oklahoma??!!! ;)

Hey.....I'll go to NJ....Okie....doesn't matter.....but I will be in Oklahoma in mid-July though.....

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, doesnt it make sense to meet at Rocklahoma?

theyre holding it in 08, so possibly 09 too?

Why not have it in Atlantis,Krakatoa,the foothills of the Himalayas,El Dorado or how about this,orbit the Earth in a spare space-shuttle.... :screwy::screwy:

My vote (not that it matters) is not to do it at a show or other event type of situation. To me the reasons for doing this are to get together with the people I know (mostly only in web form) and spend some time hanging out and shooting the shit talking about what we love. Going to a concert adds a whole crapload of complex logistics, not to mention I'm probably not going to go somewhere where I can't really include the family, regardless of whether it's at my house or not. That's a much tougher sell at my house unless I'm PLAYING the show (which I'm not).

That being said, the majority will speak their mind and we'll go from there. Either way's good with me. :)

My vote (not that it matters) is not to do it at a show or other event type of situation. To me the reasons for doing this are to get together with the people I know (mostly only in web form) and spend some time hanging out and shooting the shit talking about what we love. Going to a concert adds a whole crapload of complex logistics, not to mention I'm probably not going to go somewhere where I can't really include the family, regardless of whether it's at my house or not. That's a much tougher sell at my house unless I'm PLAYING the show (which I'm not).

That being said, the majority will speak their mind and we'll go from there. Either way's good with me. :)

That was my general idea of what we would do. A show would be cool as well, but a day/evening of meeting up and just hanging out would be better in my view, as you generally don't do a lot of I talking and hanging out and concentrate watching the band/s when you are at a show. I will be over for a few days, so if there is a show in the area afterwards, maybe go the next day or something (if people are travelling up for a day or two!!) for the people that want to that is. It is a long way for me to come from the UK just to attend a concert (it would have to be a really special band like FM ;) or someone to do that)) and would prefer to use the opportunity to just talk rubbish and drink a few beers all day with a few cool people. Anyways - my 2 cents worth, and as Pete says, whatever people want to do in the end.

i was thinking you could spread it over a whole weekend, have a gig one day, a day to hang out the next etc..

then it gives people like us even more reason to go over there.....i wouldnt go over there for just a concert, and tbh, if i bought a plane ticket it would probably be to see my uncle again in Cali....but for a concert and the HH reunion, itd be more than worth it...

just my two cents

ignor emy comments then, cause i probably be able to afford to go over there (unless Bon Jovi are playing Giants Stadium, then i might just)

They play gigs in the Giants Stadium bathroom ?? Well,if it's Bo and Luke,there's bound to be tickets left !! :whistle:

Just my 1p's worth. :whistle:

i was thinking you could spread it over a whole weekend, have a gig one day, a day to hang out the next etc..

then it gives people like us even more reason to go over there.....i wouldnt go over there for just a concert, and tbh,

Which is exactly what I just said above :whistle:

but i finished my post with "but for a concert and the HH reunion, itd be more than worth it..."

didnt i?

Yes you did - well done!! :bowdown:

I will agree with Jez and Wotty. A nice leisurely hanging out day is good. I will be coming from the West coast so I am guessing I will be using some vacation time and staying more than a few days. I will of course be bringing the clan so family fun is a plus, but CD and music talk (and maybe a trip to town and a few pawn shops should be in order) is a must. (hell maybe we could bring a long a handful of tradeable cd and have some sort of cd swap or like a white elephant exchange kind of thing?)

Idea.

Lets say whatever day we choose to do the meet n greet family style we then pick a day 2 for "lets pile in the mini van and put a hurting to the local pawn shops, flea markets or what ever..." (would love to scrounge for discs with some of you...

Really looking forward to this and Pete don't forget my gift basket. :)

...whatever I can do to make this easier for any of you I will do...totally worth it IMHO. :)

Can you drive to upstate New York, convince my wife to let me go, drive me back to your place, pay for all my food/lodging, then drive me back home when the event is over? That'd be swell. Oh yeah, and bring me some free Rockarma & Farcry CDs. Thanks. You're da best.

Hold on, I'll warm up the car. :bananamac:

Hey Pete... because you were so cool about this, is it cool if you pay for and send return airline tickets to me and once I arrive in the States you can pick me up and drive me to your place and feed me beer and then drive me back to the airport afterwards with my free return ticket to Sydney? Thanks mate.

Sounds like it would be a lot of fun!

I'll be sure to pick up some good beer if you're coming. I know you're a fellow beer snob. :drink:

Yeah great beer would be most welcome. It's probably a 50/50 or slightly better right now but it's a year away so who knows? It'd be great to meet and mingle with the other Harmonizers :banger:

I was wondering - considering how spread apart everyone is, how long are peoples Flight/Car/Camel/Walking journey times to NY. For me it is about 7-8 hours from the UK?? I can imagine it would be a bit of hourage for some internal flights in the US - I forget how huge the place is.

I was wondering - considering how spread apart everyone is, how long are peoples Flight/Car/Camel/Walking journey times to NY. For me it is about 7-8 hours from the UK?? I can imagine it would be a bit of hourage for some internal flights in the US - I forget how huge the place is.

About 5-6 hours from the West Coast which would be the furthest.

About 5-6 hours from the West Coast which would be the furthest.

That's me!