HH Best of 2007 Awards posted!

heavyharmonies

I too would like to express my fondness for that particular Scorpions album... whenever I get round to turning in my best of 2007 list to Detritus e-zine, it'll be at the top of my list as well...

Where's Blue Charvel's picks? Quit slackin' Pete!! :angry:

Cool lists, guys. I always enjoy seeing them… even if they’re wrong. :P

Amazed to see The Poodles rate so high… that one really, really disappointed me personally. To each their own, though. I finally picked up a copy of the Scorpions CD yesterday so I can get a full 100% proper listen when that one arrives. It's definitely a good disc.

I too would like to express my fondness for that particular Scorpions album... whenever I get round to turning in my best of 2007 list to Detritus e-zine, it'll be at the top of my list as well...

Where's Blue Charvel's picks? Quit slackin' Pete!! :angry:

Backed...C'mon Pete, where they at??

Due to my new daughter, I had little chance to really check out alot of the new material out there. I've heard tracks here and there, but I would never rate an album based on 1-2 tracks, so therefore, I didn't include them. Maybe this year I'll get more listening in. :whistle:

That CIRCUS MAXIMUS is a good pic in Dan's list, underrated disc that one. Surprised no-one really rated the TED POLEY or the WILDKARD CD's, two of the best AOR albums of last year IMO....

That CIRCUS MAXIMUS is a good pic in Dan's list, underrated disc that one. Surprised no-one really rated the TED POLEY or the WILDKARD CD's, two of the best AOR albums of last year IMO....

Backed about Ted Poley. Still my fave HH-related album of the year and surprised to see it not acknowledged as much as I feel it should be. Still amazed by how high The Poodles album rates in so many lists. Stunned, I should say. :)

I was quite shocked to see a Kid Rock CD rated that high. Maybe when the new Candlebox disc comes out, that could be rated as high as well? :whistle:

I never heard the Kid Rock one... kind of interested to hear how it could possibly have rated that high. :)

Well, <ahem> because it's a really good CD. :christmas:

If the record label doesn't have "All Summer Long" out as a single come about May, they're nuts, as that's one of the catchiest songs I've heard in the last few years. :tumbsup:

Hmmm considering all the love that the latest Scorpions release is getting maybe I need to rethink my original decision to not pick it up. I wasn't impressed by some samples I heard and wrote it off as crap but maybe I'll pick it up and give it a proper listen.......before I write it off as crap :lol:

I was disappointed in the latest Scorpions disc. I'd read that it was a return to form and it starts off that way but about halfway through gets way too acoustic and ballad-heavy for my ears. It's definitely not up to the level of Virgin Killer, Taken By Force or Blackout IMO.

Hmmm considering all the love that the latest Scorpions release is getting maybe I need to rethink my original decision to not pick it up. I wasn't impressed by some samples I heard and wrote it off as crap but maybe I'll pick it up and give it a proper listen.......before I write it off as crap :lol:

It's just my opinion but I really felt like they did a great job of modernizing their sound but still staying close enough to the Melodic Rock sound that we all love.