Kid Courageous

Geoff

Another band I wonder if people are familiar with. Their only downfall may be their very pop-punk-esque vocalist, but the songs on their debut, 'Dear Diary', and their 5 track flawless EP 'Use Me' are just killer melodic hard rock tracks if you ask me.

Any fans here? 'Dear Diary' was one of my top 5 2006 releases and again, is in my top 5 all-time Aussie releases.

Here's a few videos (not the best tracks on the album/s though):

'Life's a movie':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmr-CCt2Kww

'I want you':

Official site:

http://www.kidcourageous.com/

He looks like Lee Harding after too many pies.

Backed. Ugly as sin.

These guys almost sound like a pop-punk version of prime Jovi at times.

Backed. Ugly as sin.

I checked out thier myspace, and they do list jovi as one of their influences. WIll have to have a listen to the tunes. Pretty cool band name i reckon.

I remember seeing their disc somewhere and was gonna pick it up cos of the band name. I think i looked at thier picture and thought... "maybe not".

Backed. Ugly as sin.

I checked out thier myspace, and they do list jovi as one of their influences. WIll have to have a listen to the tunes. Pretty cool band name i reckon.

I remember seeing their disc somewhere and was gonna pick it up cos of the band name. I think i looked at thier picture and thought... "maybe not".

It's pretty simple maths for me. If you go into the listening experience thinking "Man I hate any type of modern rock" you will hate them. If you go into it thinking, "I don't care if it was made in 2006, as long as it rocks and is as melodic as hell and the songs are good I'll love it" you will really dig these guys. They are super melodic and I'd love to see them given a chance by a wider audience.

but is it oaky to hate it cos one fella looks like Lee Hardings oversized twin?

06.jpg

505237808_l.jpg

:lol: I hate him too (based only on that picture - I don't really take any notice of most the photos for modern bands), but the music still rules.

sorry mate.... dont' like em.

just had a listen.

Now worries mate. To be honest, I didn't think there was really any chance you would. Nice to dream though. :)

hell city glamours would kick their arses

In a fight, yeah probably. In terms of music... Kid Courageous by 14,000 miles imo. :)

hell city glamours would kick their arses

In a fight, yeah probably. In terms of music... Kid Courageous by 14,000 miles imo. :)

by 14,000 miles cos they're running scared.

Yeah, they're scared... but they still create kick-ass music. I loved hearing in a song... 'Sydney Harbour never looked so good, as the night we met.'

Lol. How awesome is that? How many songs do you know with a Sydney Harbour reference in it? Either way, these guys kick my ass.

FFS - Yet another band that sounds like every other Pop/punk band out there. 'Killer Melodic Hard Rock tracks' is Stretching the Term a little there mate!!. Another one to add to the (ever growing) 'C' for crap list!!!

FFS - Yet another band that sounds like every other Pop/punk band out there. 'Killer Melodic Hard Rock tracks' is Stretching the Term a little there mate!!. Another one to add to the (ever growing) 'C' for crap list!!!

I don't think it's a stretch at all. I really love this debut album.

Arnt these guys directed towards 12year olds??

ive seen them on kids tv...

Yeah, they kick ass, hey?

Oooops sorry...I thought the title of the thread was something to do with me...my bad!

Don't worry Nick - absolutely nothing of interest here mate, well musically anyways. :lol:

Oooops sorry...I thought the title of the thread was something to do with me...my bad!

Don't worry Nick - absolutely nothing of interest here mate, well musically anyways. :lol:

Sorry mate, looks like you posted in the wrong thread. This is actually the thread where we're talking about the kick-ass melodic hard rock band, Kid Courageous. Plenty of great music here.

I wonder if that's what led me to my interest in these guys... the fact that it's been Nick's nickname for a few weeks now.

Sorry mate, looks like you posted in the wrong thread. This is actually the thread where we're talking about the kick-ass melodic hard rock band, Kid Courageous. Plenty of great music here.

I wonder if that's what led me to my interest in these guys... the fact that it's been Nick's nickname for a few weeks now.

Posted quite correctly thx. Non Kick Ass Pop/Punk band that had been heard a thousand times before I think you mean. As I said above, how the hell does this qualify as Melodic Hard Rock. Yes It is melodic , yes it is Rock (as are bands like Green Day and all the others) but you certainly wouldn't put them in the same 'Genre' as what I would describe as Melodic Hard Rock in the traditional sense we all know. i.e HH worthy as a rough example, which this is most definately not. I think your (Very wide) definition and other peoples are way different.

Posted quite correctly thx. Non Kick Ass Pop/Punk band that had been heard a thousand times before I think you mean. As I said above, how the hell does this qualify as Melodic Hard Rock. Yes It is melodic , yes it is Rock (as are bands like Green Day etc) but you certainly wouln't put them in the same 'Genre' as what I would describe as Melodic Hard Rock in the traditional sense we all know. Me thinks your definition and other peoples are way different.

Girls please dont fight!

wait for the jelly to arrive first...

Posted quite correctly thx. Non Kick Ass Pop/Punk band that had been heard a thousand times before I think you mean. As I said above, how the hell does this qualify as Melodic Hard Rock. Yes It is melodic , yes it is Rock (as are bands like Green Day etc) but you certainly wouln't put them in the same 'Genre' as what I would describe as Melodic Hard Rock in the traditional sense we all know. Me thinks your definition and other peoples are way different.

Girls please dont fight!

The jelly will be engulfed by my mouth before the truck has time to unload. Then it will be down to our bare fists to sort this out.

Okay Jez, here's the breakdown; You call it pop/punk. I can find not one shred of anything in common this band has with pop (Britney Spears/Timberlake/Agulira - whatever pop artist you want to throw in the mix) or punk (Rancid, Pennywise, Lagwagon, Sex Pistols... whatever era of punk you want to draw reference from).

What I do hear is melodic verses, massive choruses with stunning amounts of melody and huge hooks, simple but cool hard rock riffs (not fast-paced rhythmless punk or r&b pop beats), sweet, sentimental lyrics about the ladiez... and pretty much everything I love about melodic hard rock... except the solos.

So, by your admission it rocks, it's melodic... but because they don't sound like other bands on HH it's not melodic hard rock? I must disagree, my good man.

Girls please dont fight!

So, by your admission it rocks, it's melodic... but because they don't sound like other bands on HH it's not melodic hard rock? I must disagree, my good man.

Melodic Rock is a very broad term if used literally, which you seem to do when labelling the stuff you listen to. This stuff is Rock (not 'it rocks' as it quite clearly doesn't in my book and especially not in a 'Hard' way) a very wide description of many types of 'Rock' Music, It is melodic - so are most things with a melody involved whatever the music type, It is Pop as in 'Popular Music' which the term describes. As far as pigeon holing bands, I was under the impression that all these types of bands are under the Pop/Punkish banner (not my description) not taking the Punk or Pop terms literally. As I said above, in the TRADITIONAL sense of the word 'Melodic Hard Rock' bands are of the type as featured mostly on HH as a guide. Just because they have Melody and are classed as a Rock band, doesn't mean that they are a Melodic Hard Rock band now does it???

OK - Peter Gabriel for example - He Is Pop, as In Popular Music, He Is Rock, He is Melodic, so would you describe him as Melodic Rock???? No of course you wouldn't. Same with a whole host of others. Dire Straits - Pop, Rock & Melodic, etc etc etc. Taken literally, almost everyone in the 'Rock' spectrum' would be under the same genre.

... which is why I hate getting into genre discussions.

To cut this chat short a little later than it should have been... the songs kick ass, 10 of these 13 songs are on my Ipod of favouritest tunes ever and it kicks my ass. So reggae, pop, punk, hard rock, latin dance... whatever you want to call it - I love it! :)