Australian Tours

JC_AOR

There have been a ton of great bands touring Australia lately, particularly in the Heavy Metal genre. I know many of the aussies on this forum went to see Ratt and Winger a few weeks back. Those are just two of the great bands that have come to our shores this year. I think many bands are starting to realise that they do have quite a solid and dedicated fan base in Australia, and we would love to see more of it. A few of the upcoming tours for early '08 that I know of include:

Confirmed

Bon Jovi

W.A.S.P.

The Poor (Supporting W.A.S.P.)

Helloween

Black Majesty (Supporting Helloween)

Iron Maiden

Ozzy Osbourne

Saxon (cancelled but will re-schedule)

Toto

HIM

Nightwish

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

Budgie

Velvet Revolver

Dream Theatre

Hardcore Superstar

Rumours

AC/DC

Baby Animals

Extreme

AND Jeff Scott Soto needs to re-schedule...

Anyone else?? Any other likely true-mours??

And a question for the aussies on this forum. Which artists/bands would you like to see tour Australia in the near future. For me it would be without a doubt - Whitesnake and John Waite. I would also love for Edguy to come back...they said they would so they have to.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not Aussie but I am excited to see The Poor going back out on the road again!! I loved that band! Any word on whether this will lead to a new album??

how can you be excited about the Poor? i dont get it as their album at best was... poor.

What, didn't you dig The Poor's WHO CARES? That's a fantastic old-school hard rock record! It was a very nice welcome surprise when it came out in the ultra-dull mid 90s. It's worth the price just for the track "More Wine Waiter Please" :beerbang:

how can you be excited about the Poor? i dont get it as their album at best was... poor.

What, didn't you dig The Poor's WHO CARES? That's a fantastic old-school hard rock record! It was a very nice welcome surprise when it came out in the ultra-dull mid 90s. It's worth the price just for the track "More Wine Waiter Please" :beerbang:

HELL yea!!! I LOVE that CD!!!!! Man if They are touring again, HOPEFULLY they will put out a second album.. I'd sure buy it...... :headbanger:

I hated The Poor too. :( I recall it being very average to these ears.

Highly average, one of the worst Aussie releases. I stand by it. Ive owned it, ive tried to enjoy. Failed. Average.

What are you doing on the net at midnight on a Saturday night? We both suck.

Highly average, one of the worst Aussie releases. I stand by it. Ive owned it, ive tried to enjoy. Failed. Average.

Already been out, home now just in time to mention how bad The Poor are..

I'm glad one of us is out there fighting for our right to party. There is a pug sitting on the floor looking up at me - now it's standing up on two feet leaning on me, telling me with it's face it wants to sit on my lap. I told him I have to wrap presents but he doesn't seem to understand. I wonder if it's because he's so small. He just tried to jump up on me now. He's getting a little restless. He was just there for the last hour as I replied to threads here. He sure is cute, though.

I'm glad one of us is out there fighting for our right to party. There is a pug sitting on the floor looking up at me - now it's standing up on two feet leaning on me, telling me with it's face it wants to sit on my lap. I told him I have to wrap presents but he doesn't seem to understand. I wonder if it's because he's so small. He just tried to jump up on me now. He's getting a little restless. He was just there for the last hour as I replied to threads here. He sure is cute, though.

Meanwhile back on topic , id like to see The Pug support WASP instead of The Poor.

Meanwhile back on topic , id like to see The Pug support WASP instead of The Poor.

The Pug > The Poor

The Pug > The Poor

Dead Pug > The Poor

Wow, you guys BOTH suck. :lol:

Dead Pug > The Poor

On the other hand, "Dead Pug" would be a FANTASTIC name for a band. :lol:

Dead Pug > The Poor

Thank you, maybe it could be the name of the HH band?

As long as the opening band is called PLEASE REPLY NOW. :lol:

dont forget melbourne hard rockers HEAD INC supporting BUDGIE & they supported RATT / WINGER & L.A GUNS. These guys can't seem to do any wrong! :beerbang:

www.headinc.net/

www.myspace.com/headinc

Head Inc's new bass player is none other than......... STEPHEN KING of ROSE TATTOO :guitbannana:

other oz tour & POSSIBILITIES..

KISS, LIVING COLOUR, WARRANT, TRIXTER, DE MONT, BB STEAL, DEF LEPPARD, POISON, LORDI, THE DEADTHINGS,

CROWN OF THORNS, DANGER DANGER, THIN LIZZY............ SURVIVOR, EUROPE :headbanger::beerbang::guitbannana:

WARRANT, TRIXTER, DE MONT, BB STEAL, DEF LEPPARD, POISON, DANGER DANGER, EUROPE

Is there any real possibility of any of these - except maybe the Poison and Warrant rumours I did hear, and who knows with Def Lep - I guess they could come here. But is there really any chance of Danger Danger or Trixter, or even Europe (not that I'd be TOO Interested these days) hitting these shores??

Dead Pug > The Poor

that sounds a bit Emo pop punk doesnt it?

Well if it's emo pop/punk than Geoff will be all over it... :lol:

WARRANT, TRIXTER, DE MONT, BB STEAL, DEF LEPPARD, POISON, DANGER DANGER, EUROPE

Is there any real possibility of any of these - except maybe the Poison and Warrant rumours I did hear, and who knows with Def Lep - I guess they could come here. But is there really any chance of Danger Danger or Trixter, or even Europe (not that I'd be TOO Interested these days) hitting these shores??

absolutely! :beerbang:

Dead Pug > The Poor

that sounds a bit Emo pop punk doesnt it?

Well if it's emo pop/punk than Geoff will be all over it... :lol:

Sorry, it's up for grabs if you guys want it. My band is already called Slit Wrists Taste Like Lust.