New Stryper Album

Fat Freddy

Saw this on Blabbermouth over the weekend... cool that there's a new Stryper album in the works, I just hope it turns out to be better than REBORN

According to a posting on the STRYPER fan site Stryped Forever, the tentative track listing of STRYPER's new album — which is expected in March 2008 — is as follows:

01. Murder by Pride

02. Eclipse of the Son

03. Mercy Over Blame

04. Run in You

05. Plan

06. 4 Leaf Clover

07. My Everything

08. I'm Alive (Alive)

09. I Believe

10. My Love I'll Always Show (ROXX REGIME/STRYPER remake)

11. Strong (from Michael Sweet's 2003 solo CD single)

12. Miles Away (from Michael Sweet's 2003 solo CD single)

13. Love Is Why

14. Peace of Mind (BOSTON cover; feat. Tom Scholz)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news! I hope it's on par with Reborn or anything they have done really. I love 'em all!

I agree... I really like the "Reborn" release. I too hope this lives up to what Stryper is capable of.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like REBORN then. <_<

Man, I can't wait. I just hope it doesn't have that modern rock sound that was in Reborn, as I'm not much a fan of that album, but love all their other ones. I'm interested on how Track 10 will sound.

Huuuge fan of Reborn here.... so following on from that would be great.

Some of those track names early on really dont sound like Stryper song titles though.

Those last few tracks sound a bit odd though.

A Boston cover on a Stryper CD? Yeh Michael sung at that concert recently but, still doesnt sound right.

I hope they beef up Strong. It was just a limited edition fan club release off his website a few years ago that never made his albums. It sounded very demo-ish to me.

No you're not.....If the new one is much like 'Reborn' I won't be picking it up.... :(

backed ... :drink:

Thanks guys... apparently REBORN haters are in the minority round these parts... at least now I don't feel so alone! :drink:

• 2 weeks later...

"Reborn" was good, but God knows (pun intended) Stryper can do better. I was (am) quite happy with "Reborn," but would love to see them really knock it out of the park with the next one.

Reborn was an awesome release.

Its a toss up between that and Against the law for my fave Stryper album of all time, so yeah, I hope its similar is style!

:agree:

No you're not.....If the new one is much like 'Reborn' I won't be picking it up.... :(

Thanks guys... apparently REBORN haters are in the minority round these parts... at least now I don't feel so alone! :drink:

Well I don't hate "Reborn" But it's just not on par with their older stuff, so yea I HOPE the new album is better...... :tumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I don't hate "Reborn" But it's just not on par with their older stuff, so yea I HOPE the new album is better...... :tumbsup:

I thought Reborn was horrible. Not even close to their older stuff. The best song, by far, was In God We Trust, a remake of an older song. THAT tells me the release was super lame.

• 1 month later...

The biggest problem I had with Reborn was the production. Plain and simple it was weak and the drums sounded like crap!

The songs themselves were fantastic! It took me a while to get into the Reborn because of the production

According to Michael the new album will be closer to the classic Stryper sound....SWEET! :headbanger:

Can't wait!

The biggest problem I had with Reborn was the production. Plain and simple it was weak and the drums sounded like crap!

The songs themselves were fantastic! It took me a while to get into the Reborn because of the production

According to Michael the new album will be closer to the classic Stryper sound....SWEET! :headbanger:

Can't wait!

I hate to do this to you on your first post & all but I thought the production & drums were great. I just think they alienated their fans a bit with the direction. But I never had a problem with the sound.

Can't wait!

i thought the production on Reborn was pretty damn good!

Can't wait!

i thought the production on Reborn was pretty damn good!

true that.......................... has anybody heard the new styper album in full?