Dee Snider to "GO COUNTRY"

Fat Freddy

Just saw this on Blabbermouth and felt I had to share it... I hate to admit it but I will probably end up watching this show.. My wife is a big country music fan so we watch a lot of CMT around my house. (My fave CMT show, for reasons that should be obvious, is "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team") :lol:

TWISTED SISTER Frontman 'Gone Country'? - Oct. 18, 2007

According to Country Standard Time, TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider is oen of seven artists who will take part in John Rich's "Gone Country" show airing in January 2008 on CMT. The six-episode series takes seven established performers from every realm of the entertainment and music industries and immerses them in all things country for a chance to break out as the next big country superstar. Production is currently underway in Nashville.

Other participants are Bobby Brown, Maureen McCormick, Carnie Wilson, Julio Iglesias Jr. and Maureen McCormick.

The show uproots these seven musical celebrities and moves them into a Nashville mansion together to embark on a two-week adventure, hosted by singer/songwriter John Rich of BIG & RICH fame.

Each singer will be paired up with Nashville songwriters to prepare them for a career in country music. In each episode, the cast competes against each other in challenges that will test them musically and physically to adapt to a country music lifestyle, both on and off the stage. At the end of the two weeks, the artist that is most prepared to impress a country audience, as determined by Rich, will record and release a song.

Just saw this on Blabbermouth and felt I had to share it... I hate to admit it but I will probably end up watching this show.. My wife is a big country music fan so we watch a lot of CMT around my house. (My fave CMT show, for reasons that should be obvious, is "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team") :lol:

According to Country Standard Time, TWISTED SISTER frontman Dee Snider is oen of seven artists who will take part in John Rich's "Gone Country" show airing in January 2008 on CMT. The six-episode series takes seven established performers from every realm of the entertainment and music industries and immerses them in all things country for a chance to break out as the next big country superstar. Production is currently underway in Nashville.

Other participants are Bobby Brown, Maureen McCormick, Carnie Wilson, Julio Iglesias Jr. and Maureen McCormick.

The show uproots these seven musical celebrities and moves them into a Nashville mansion together to embark on a two-week adventure, hosted by singer/songwriter John Rich of BIG & RICH fame.

Each singer will be paired up with Nashville songwriters to prepare them for a career in country music. In each episode, the cast competes against each other in challenges that will test them musically and physically to adapt to a country music lifestyle, both on and off the stage. At the end of the two weeks, the artist that is most prepared to impress a country audience, as determined by Rich, will record and release a song.

:yikes: I didn't know there were 2 Marsha's..aka Maureen McCormick...wow that will

a battle there itself...I gues Jan was wrong..it's Marsha Marsha....

:yikes: I didn't know there were 2 Marsha's..aka Maureen McCormick...wow that will

a battle there itself...I gues Jan was wrong..it's Marsha Marsha....

:rofl2: I didn't even notice that Maureen McCormick was listed twice. Good eye! Blame whoever transcribed the article for Blabbermouth, I guess. :tumbsup:

I think I gonna be checking this out too...

Like Keith My wife is a HUGE Country Fan, so um yea, prolly gonna be watching this...... :tumbsup:

Do you watch "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" too? BEST... reality show... EVERRRRR! ;)

I think I gonna be checking this out too...

Like Keith My wife is a HUGE Country Fan, so um yea, prolly gonna be watching this...... :tumbsup:

Do you watch "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders" too? BEST... reality show... EVERRRRR! ;)

I wouldn't say I watch it, so much as I drool over it.. Does that count??? :whistle:

• 3 months later...

CRAP! I forgot all about this damn show and I'm the one who started the damn thread about it!! It's on right now!! It's more than half over already!! :angry:

No biggie... like VH1, CMT is notorious for re-running the unholy crap out of their series... I'm sure I can catch it over the weekend... or hell, probably even later tonight...

I'm sure if Dee needs some inspiration and guidance on performing country material, he need look no further than ........Well, as Ian calls it, Bo and Luke's latest offering :lol:

BONJOVI_LH.JPG

I'm not into country, but the show wasn't bad, the best part was when Dee told JR he didn't like country music. Who is this JR guy anyway? I never heard of him?

He's John Rich, one half of the country duo Big & Rich. My wife has a couple of their CDs and they're actually pretty good. The other guy (Big Kenny) has described them as "Gangsta Country." Their videos are funny as hell. Lotsa hot chicks in'em, stuff blowin' up, midgets running around... they'd probably be hella fun to see in concert...

Some video evidence:

"Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWMyPjWwaSo

"Comin' To Your City"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAFsCygHK84

"8th Of November" -- not a goofball song like the other two, this is a serious one; great track and fantastic video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmHgwjXlsPY

By the way, I caught a rerun of "Gone Country" this afternoon and it was pretty funny. I liked when Dee flipped out on everybody due to lack of caffeine. :lol:

I'm not into country, but the show wasn't bad, the best part was when Dee told JR he didn't like country music. Who is this JR guy anyway? I never heard of him?

He's John Rich, one half of the country duo Big & Rich. My wife has a couple of their CDs and they're actually pretty good. The other guy (Big Kenny) has described them as "Gangsta Country." Their videos are funny as hell. Lotsa hot chicks in'em, stuff blowin' up, midgets running around... they'd probably be hella fun to see in concert...

Some video evidence:

"Comin' To Your City"

"8th Of November" -- not a goofball song like the other two, this is a serious one; great track and fantastic video

By the way, I caught a rerun of "Gone Country" this afternoon and it was pretty funny. I liked when Dee flipped out on everybody due to lack of caffeine. :lol:

Yea I JUST caught it on VH1 tonight... Dee DOES go kinda nuts about coffee doesn't He???? And that chick that played Marcia Brady is looking GOOD..... :wub:

The next new episode is Friday night.. I HAVE to see it, cause they get thrown on stage in Nashville.. Should be interesting......

Some video evidence:

"Comin' To Your City"

Yea I JUST caught it on VH1 tonight... Dee DOES go kinda nuts about coffee doesn't He???? And that chick that played Marcia Brady is looking GOOD..... :wub:

The next new episode is Friday night.. I HAVE to see it, cause they get thrown on stage in Nashville.. Should be interesting......

I caught the re-reun yesterday too and it's a good show so far.

I just hope Dee doesn't make himself look like an idiot like Sebastian Bach did on that Supergroup show.

• 1 month later...

John Rich just blew any creditability he had with me. Diana should have won this thing but Julio?? This is just an attempt to reach out to the latino community discuised as a competition. Carney was really good too and could have won. Bobby and Sisqo were very surprising and Maureen had a fantastic traditional country song and voice. Julio was in last place by a mile in my book and he wins??????? Dee's song I could see Travis Tritt or Hank Jr. doing that but not a good as Dee rocked it out live. that was fun.

John Rich just blew any creditability he had with me. Diana should have won this thing but Julio?? This is just an attempt to reach out to the latino community discuised as a competition. Carney was really good too and could have won. Bobby and Sisqo were very surprising and Maureen had a fantastic traditional country song and voice. Julio was in last place by a mile in my book and he wins??????? Dee's song I could see Travis Tritt or Hank Jr. doing that but not a good as Dee rocked it out live. that was fun.

I've been looking for this thread for a while but didn't realize it was in Heavy Metal.

Anyway yeah Julio winning last night knocked me right over. He had one of the worst songs and had the worst attitude of all of them. The guy hardly helped with anything. Maybe teamwork doesn't mean anything to JR.

As far as the songs go I agree with everything Mustang said. Dee did really screw himself by screaming f#@K and lifting his middle finger in the air. But I gotta give him respect for being himself. His song did rock and was so much better live than it was during the demo session. Diana should of won this competition based on who could be a bigger star right now. She looks good and she has a great voice and she's young. From the first episode JR made the comment to Julio that Country Music needed someone of a different style/background and it almost makes me think that this whole damn thing was fixed from the beginning. I knew Bobby, Sisqo and Carlie didn't have a shot. But I will admit that Maureen did really suprise me with her very solid Classic/Traditional Country song.

Dee's song I could see Travis Tritt or Hank Jr. doing that but not a good as Dee rocked it out live. that was fun.

Totally!!! Totally!!! But the finger in the air and the "F" bomb... :yikes:

Maureen's song made me cry.....and to me, that's what country's all about. She shoulda won.

Julio was weak and basically sucked, imo. But he's hot.... :lol:

Dee got robbed. He shoulda won that thing, if only he hadn't flipped the bird and dropped the F-Bomb during his performance I think he woulda had it locked.

Julio had no business winning that thing. John Rich was obviously basing his decision on how Julio made all the little girls in that audience go crazy and thought "I can sell a sh*t load of CDs with this guy."

I hope Dee's song resurfaces at some point (even if he just posts it on his website or MySpace or something) cuz it rocked!! I'd like to have a copy of his tune.