Not the same site anymore

Nelson

Ok, i'm going to add my .02 cents. What makes me say to myself....WTF, how can bands like Sacred warrior, Angelica, Holy Soldier, Stryper, Bloodgood and bands alike be in both HH and in Heaven's Metal? But bands like Judas Priest, Obsession, Malice, Artch, Feinstein and bands just a similar not be in HH. I think....and this is my opinion....an alignment is in order! Or just combine the other two to make one large database.

Good idea. Dan could call it "Heavenly Brutal Harmonious Metal-n-Stuff" or something like that. :lol:

www.heavenlyprogressivebrutalharmoniousmelodicmetalrocknaor.com or even better...

www.heavenlyprogressivebrutalharmoniousmelodicmetalrocknaorbutnotbryanadams.com

Easy to remember, and it has a nice ring to it, no?

Ok, i'm going to add my .02 cents. What makes me say to myself....WTF, how can bands like Sacred warrior, Angelica, Holy Soldier, Stryper, Bloodgood and bands alike be in both HH and in Heaven's Metal? But bands like Judas Priest, Obsession, Malice, Artch, Feinstein and bands just a similar not be in HH. I think....and this is my opinion....an alignment is in order! Or just combine the other two to make one large database.

Good idea. Dan could call it "Heavenly Brutal Harmonious Metal-n-Stuff" or something like that. :lol:

www.heavenlyprogressivebrutalharmoniousmelodicmetalrocknaor.com

That reminds me of that new Staples commercial where the Attorney office shortens their long name to D.I.N.G.B.A.T.S.

www.heavenlyprogressivebrutalharmoniousmelodicmetalrocknaor.com

That reminds me of that new Staples commercial where the Attorney office shortens their long name to D.I.N.G.B.A.T.S.

:lol: I love that commercial.

• 2023 Gold Donors
www.music-n-shit.com

HH/BM/HM used to be one large database/site, but then more and more bands started appearing on the fringe of what HH was about and that was when I split the sites.

If people are complaining about Bonnie Tyler being on HH, methinks they might complain just a wee bit about Emperor or Marduk being included...

-Dan

Does this mean I can't submit my entire Hall & Oates collection? :lol:

www.music-n-shit.com

HH/BM/HM used to be one large database/site, but then more and more bands started appearing on the fringe of what HH was about and that was when I split the sites.

If people are complaining about Bonnie Tyler being on HH, methinks they might complain just a wee bit about Emperor or Marduk being included...

-Dan

Does this mean I can't submit my entire Hall & Oates collection? :lol:

Wow, and i thought i was the only one who liked them. :anon:

www.heavenlyprogressivebrutalharmoniousmelodicmetalrocknaor.com or even better...

now you guys understand where i'm coming from. :unsure:

• 2023 Gold Donors
Pat Boone's In a Metal Mood should be included....right?

and let's not forget the metal tribute to ABBA.

Or the Bluegrass Tirbutes to AC/DC and Van Halen...

Oh, oh, oh.....That means I get to submit this one.

dl.jpg

I guess Dan is really in a pickle here. I've always hated labeling music in the first place... Though I undetstand it is a necessary evil, especially while maintaining a site such as this one. I too have wondered why bands such as Malice, Saxon, Metal Church, and Savatage (to name a few) are listed on the "Brutal Metal" page and not on the "Heavy Harmonies" page. I can understand why bands such as Dismember, Hypocrisy, Shadow, and Dimmu Borgir (to name a few) are over on the "Brutal Metal" pages. I question artists such as Chicago, Toy Matinee, and Donnie Iris being included on the "Heavy Harmonies" site...

Yes it is true that this isn't the same "HEAVY HARMONIES" site anymore. Is it better then before..? Who knows ? My opinion: I think it is getting to the point where we will be seeing Cliff Richards before too long.

I guess we'll have to make do with the site as it is now... What is included is ultimately up to Dan.

How about simply www.SirCliffRules.com?

Or www.Jez&Cliffforever.net

Or www.Jez&Cliffforever.net

If these posts are here to try to wind me up, it ain't working!!!

Fuckers! :yikes::yikes:

:rofl2: Jez....No I really thought that SirCliff embodies all that is right about this site. In no way do I want your name affiliated with his. :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...

At the end of the day its Dans site and he can decide who does and doesnt go on which site.

If anyone doesnt like those decisions, then thats just their personal opinion.

Dan set this site up and pays most of the money for it, so its his call, and I am happy with that.

If you anyone really doesnt like the choices he (or his little elves) make, then thats life.

Either just roll with it or move on, nobody is forced to come here (except Jay, as he has nowhere else to go).

At the end of the day its Dans site and he can decide who does and doesnt go on which site.

Dan set this site up and pays most of the money for it, so its his call, and I am happy with that.

If you anyone really doesnt like the choices he (or his little elves) make, then thats life.

Either just roll with it or move on, nobody is forced to come here (except Jay, as he has nowhere else to go).

This little elf agrees. ;)

This little elf agrees. ;)

Backed :drink:

I understand people's gripes about this band or that band being included or excluded, or being at BM versus HH, or both, but the bottom line is that regardless of where the boundaries are drawn (or not drawn), SOMEONE is going to disagree with them. That's because the distinction between rock and metal, and between AOR and pop, is often very blurry, and is a subjective opinion.

Yes, there is seeming inconsisntency at times. It's not a perfect system. One solution would be to dump it all into one site and let everything in, but then it would be allmusic.com and there would be even more complaining.

Also, with definitions of musical genres changing over time, we'd be redoing the categorization every 5-10 years (back in the mid-1980s Twisted Sister was considered "heavy metal"; by today's standards it's "hard rock"). What about bands whose offerings cross different Genres, ala Pantera or Nelson?

It's not going to be solved...

-Dan