Duets

Dave

Duets are like cover versions.....sometimes they work, alot of the time they don't.

What ones do you like and what ones don't you like ???

Some good ones IMO are Lita Ford & Ozzy with Close My Eyes Forever and Crown Of Thorns & Doro with Shed No Tears.

Some not so good ones IMO are Kip Winger & Fiona with Everyting You Do, Alice Cooper & Twisted Sister with Be Cruel To Your School, Mark Reno & Ann Wilson with Almost Paradise and the worst of them all..........Hold on to your hats and brace yourself for this......It is PPPPPPaa.....PPPPPaaaaauuu.......PPPPaaaauuulllllll......RRRRR....RRRRRooo...RRR

Rooooddd....RRRoooddddggg...eeerrrrs.....Fuck that was hard to say & Ann Wilson {and she too, is hard to say} with the absolute boring song, Norweigen Wood.

Definately no :bowdown: for that one :lol:

Andi Deris and Candace Night (Blackmore's Night) do a nice duet called "Light The Universe" on Helloween's KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS: THE LEGACY

Andi Deris and Candace Night (Blackmore's Night) do a nice duet called "Light The Universe" on Helloween's KEEPER OF THE SEVEN KEYS: THE LEGACY

That is a great song imo. :drink:

Also "The Chase" from Queensryche with God himself Mr. Ronald James Dio. :headbanger:

The Storm ones are good.

The Bad Habit one on the end of 'Adult Orientation' is awful, as is the Robin Beck/James Christian one on an album recently.

I generally hate the male/female ones... there was another awful one on Michael Borman's last solo album... but the dude/dude duets are normally cool, if they're a good band/artist in the first place. Fightstar also meshed well together with 2 vocalists.

• 2 weeks later...
Some not so good ones IMO are Kip Winger & Fiona with Everyting You Do, Alice Cooper & Twisted Sister with Be Cruel To Your School, Mark Reno & Ann Wilson with Almost Paradise

I couldnt disagree more!

• 4 years later...

I was listening to 'Turnaround' by Pride of Lions and enjoying the excellent female vocal and wondered if there was a thread on duets generally, so dug this one up.

Surprised the thread is so short. Are there any other good duets that spring to mind? Maybe songs released since this thread was last visited?

Also, is the female vocal on the Pride of Lions track by Tori Hitchcock (as suggested by my brief research)? Has she done anything else? Great voice imo!

• 1 month later...

I loved Houston's - Truth Slips. Does that count?

"Close My Eyes Forever" hasn't aged well for me, sadly. Loved it at the time, mind you.

I rather like Lizzy Borden & Betsy Bitch's version of "Don't Touch Me There"

Here is "newish" one that I think works: Doro Pesch and Tarja Turunen (ex-Nightwish)..

Another interesting one is Doro and Lemmy - "Alone Again"

• My Little Pony

I really like Rob Rock's cover of "Move On" feat. Tobias Sammet. Speaking of Tobi, I also like H.E.A.T.'s "Black Night," although I understand I may be alone in that.

Presume I was the only one who was hugely impressed with Tori Hitchcock's voice? Can't seem to find anything about her online, so presumably she doesn't appear on any other songs...

• 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

This was a borderline public service announcement in Australia in the 80's when it was released. It was used in anti drug campaigns on tv and I remember seeing it many times at the cinema pre main feature. It's a great song. "Do you do the drug or does the drug do you?" For me, maybe a little from column A and a little from column B. ;)

On 27.12.2017 at 5:33 AM, Darkstone said:

This was a borderline public service announcement in Australia in the 80's when it was released. It was used in anti drug campaigns on tv and I remember seeing it many times at the cinema pre main feature. It's a great song. "Do you do the drug or does the drug do you?" For me, maybe a little from column A and a little from column B. ;)

Cool song. Never heard it before.

• 3 weeks later...