Pacific Avenue

Geoff

Okay, to set the scene up:

I'm in the lobby at the hotel in Melbourne, got my earphones just playing randoms on Youtube, following a link after each song to the next one. So the last song I played was 'She never looked that good for me' by Autograph. Looking through the links for similar stuff there wasn't anything really cool but there was a "band" called Pacific Blue I'd never heard, thought it was a cool name so I clicked on it. Bring down the house with your lol's as I tell you I'm sitting here listening to a boy band...

... and I love it. :anon:

This shit obviously won't be for all (anyone) but I fully encourage AOR fans to check this out. Here's the link:

What a scrumptious chorus. So, the question is... who are these homos? Is this some other British boy band? I can't say I'll check them out or follow this up at all, but credit where it's due... this is a nice song.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I clicked on another one of their songs, just to see if it was a fluke. And holy shit... the recording is total shit, but here's another one:

Tell me you've heard a better AOR tune than this for a while. I dare you. :lol:

Christ all-f*cking-mighty... another one. Maybe I will pursue this further:

BTW, my advice is to do what I'm doing, listening but not watching (just saw about 3 seconds and dinner almost re-appeared). But yeah, this is fully instrument supported AOR as far as I can tell, with soft guitars, keys, good vocals and I hate to say it, but f*cking delicious choruses. I got nothing to lose anyway with my 'X' addiction, so I'm saying I'm kinda into this trash.

Okay, to set the scene up:

I'm in the lobby at the hotel in Melbourne, got my earphones just playing randoms on Youtube, following a link after each song to the next one. So the last song I played was 'She never looked that good for me' by Autograph. Looking through the links for similar stuff there wasn't anything really cool but there was a "band" called Pacific Blue I'd never heard, thought it was a cool name so I clicked on it. Bring down the house with your lol's as I tell you I'm sitting here listening to a boy band...

... and I love it. :anon:

This shit obviously won't be for all (anyone) but I fully encourage AOR fans to check this out. Here's the link:

What a scrumptious chorus. So, the question is... who are these homos? Is this some other British boy band? I can't say I'll check them out or follow this up at all, but credit where it's due... this is a nice song.

Is it Pacific Avenue or Pacific Blue?

Is it Pacific Blue like the Mario Lopez TV show.

Get the flying fuck outta here. Geoffrey has finally lost the plot. The songs maybe sort of erm ok' ish, in a Pink girly kinda way, but the rest is completely dreadful. Please refrain from the AOR references as well, as this ain't close. Boy Band pop is the order of the day, and I have nothing against that if that is your 'Bag', but this here is just not very good at all.

lol, sorry guys... I noticed I wrote Pacific Blue and Avenue just then... the group is called Pacific Avenue. I know I'm not going to get anyone to outwardly admit they like this shit, but to those who heard it and secretly thought it was actually okay, we are bound together by embarrassment.

As for the AOR thing... sorry, Jez, but I'd have to stick with it. It's lightly played, but I have to admit even in those dodgy recordings I'd say it's "ballsier" (:lol:) than I lot of what I've seen pass as AOR. :D

lol, sorry guys... I noticed I wrote Pacific Blue and Avenue just then... the group is called Pacific Avenue. I know I'm not going to get anyone to outwardly admit they like this shit, but to those who heard it and secretly thought it was actually okay, we are bound together by embarrassment.

As for the AOR thing... sorry, Jez, but I'd have to stick with it. It's lightly played, but I have to admit even in those dodgy recordings I'd say it's "ballsier" (:lol:) than I lot of what I've seen pass as AOR. :D

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: Me seriously thinks Geoff is having a late April fool's joke here (tell me you are please). No you won't get anyone to outwardly admit they like this shit, cos it is dreadful end of. I don't know what AOR you have been listening to, but AOR this most definately ain't even close my friend. If you like it, then no problemo whatsoever, but I seriously think it is Cotton buds time for you. Please heed the advice and quickly LMFAO You are a funny guy Geoff, I have always said it!!!!!

Thanks Jez... I know where you're at. Your secret's safe with me bud.

Anyone know if these guys have ever released anything, or is it just these songs on Youtube and a single for 'Autograph'? I can't find anything else available. Geee Withzzz.

Anyone know if these guys have ever released anything, or is it just these songs on Youtube and a single for 'Autograph'? I can't find anything else available. Geee Withzzz.

Is this that band with the NSYNC and Backstreet Boys guys? :blink:

lol, I'm guessing your joking but if you're not, that is awesome. Truly. Awesome.

lol, I'm guessing your joking but if you're not, that is awesome. Truly. Awesome.

I have never told a joke in my life.

Seriously I was kind of joking but their is some new VH1 show advertised that has some Boy Banders from some big groups they've thrown together into some kind of super-boy band(I'm not making this up).

Maybe it is these guys... but I actually think these guys rock a bit too hard to be ex-boy band members. These guys seem more metalhead sort of types.

Maybe it is these guys... but I actually think these guys rock a bit too hard to be ex-boy band members. These guys seem more metalhead sort of types.

:rofl2::rofl2::screwy:

I'm gonna back the others here. I listen to the likes of Darren Hayes & Rick Price and if I find this stuff too gay then you know it's gay.

Get yourself a tattoo of a naked chick, get into a street brawl after drinking too much Jack Daniels, & pull yourself together.

I'm gonna back the others here. I listen to the likes of Darren Hayes & Rick Price and if I find this stuff too gay then you know it's gay.

Get yourself a tattoo of a naked chick, get into a street brawl after drinking too much Jack Daniels, & pull yourself together.

is Rick Price gay?

is Rick Price gay?

I dunno, I'd always assumed - having seen a few interviews with him - but I guess I should learn not to prejudge people.

Rick Price gay? I've never heard that before either. He very well might be, I guess... first I heard of it though.

Anyway, these Pacific Avenue homos are definitely British.

Oh well, looks like I'm alone with this one... not to worry. I've been an outsider all my life because of my sexuality so it's no different now.

Holy f*ck, I'm actually over at their myspace site... this song, 'I can't hold back'... how is this not better than BB Mak or Arena (Sweden) or the like??? Sorry Tim (2), never was a fan of Savage Garden, but IMO this stuff is 10 times more melodic and rockin'.

:(

this is not better than BB Mak or Arena (Sweden)

Truth!

Seriously, the BBMak comprison is quite a good one. But look what happened to them? They made a couple of half-decent albums that sold f**k-all & then split up.

Truth!

Seriously, the BBMak comprison is quite a good one. But look what happened to them? They made a couple of half-decent albums that sold f**k-all & then split up.

Yeah, these Pacific Avenue guys have no future, that's easily realised, but I'd still be interested to hear a (the only?) full album of the pansy shit I've heard from them so far... something to fill the airwaves when I'm hiding in the dark alone. I was talking about this with Jez today, and we agreed the 2nd BB Mak album has a few good tunes, but IMO what I've heard of these guys already is better than the best of BB Mak.

Truth!

Yeah, these Pacific Avenue guys have no future, that's easily realised, but I'd still be interested to hear a (the only?) full album of the pansy shit I've heard from them so far... something to fill the airwaves when I'm hiding in the dark alone. I was talking about this with Jez today, and we agreed the 2nd BB Mak album has a few good tunes, but IMO what I've heard of these guys already is better than the best of BB Mak.

Jez likes BBMak but he don't like Poison. :blink:

This is highly quiffish, pink-drink music for the chronically hearing impaired.