Who is 'vegascds' ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I won vegascds eBay auction, paid $ 60 USD for the CD + $ 15 for reg. shipping, and I received a bootleg today... Very nice! Just curious, does anybody know who this seller is?

Yeah it's Sam from Retrospect. He's getting his stuff together re:the RR stuff - from their website - but he gets a lot of bad press for his eBay tactics. He is also known for giving neg feedback as tit-for-tat, scaring people from giving him a neg so he keeps a pretty good feedback rating.

Personally I like what RR are doing, they seem genuine & his website is awesome, but I'm way more cautious on eBay...

cool, so when I give a negative feedback to him, then I'll receive negative too? Even if I paid a few minutes after I won the item? Great!

Sam of RR you say... Now I completely get it.... I never bought anything form RR, because I didn't like his behaviour here. Doesn't matter how cool the stuff they release is... I simply won't support such a 'person'...

I hope he enjoys my $ 60 USD... But this was the last time I donated his activities....

And what I bought?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=016

He always says if you're not happy, send it back and he'll refund you.... If you leave him a negative, he'll definately leave you one back, even if it IS his fault :screwy: Notify ebay

I have a bootleg of that album too. In fact I think all my Laaz Rockit CD's are bootleg, they must be one of the most copied bands on the Net. Everytime I look for an "original release, no copies/cdr's here" I still get a bootleg. <_<

Well usually his re-issues state: "1985/2007 Retrospect Records release", which makes it pretty obvious it's a re-issue & not the original. This one clearly states "This CD is a 1985 issue from SPV records", so if it isn't then I think you have every right not to be happy. But that said, he does have the Retrothrash (or whatever its called) aspect of his label so it could well be a totally genuine re-issue & not a boot. One of my first questions would've been why the top of the auction states "+5" but then at the bottom it says "this CD contains 9 tracks". Which is it?

When it comes to transactions he is pretty reasonable if you don't hurl accusations, so just ask him politely if its a genuine re-issue....

I'm sure this is NOT a reissue, because I didn't find any Retrothrash logo on it, it's copied original SPV booklet, but printing is fuzzy, not as my other ORIGINAL SPV CDs... Also the CD printing is very very bad.

I'm going to ask him...

I'm sure this is NOT a reissue, because I didn't find any Retrothrash logo on it, it's copied original SPV booklet, but printing is fuzzy, not as my other ORIGINAL SPV CDs... Also the CD printing is very very bad.

I'm going to ask him...

I have a couple like that. There seem to be a lot of copies of "Annihilation Principle" (a pretty rare CD) being sold by U.S sellers on eBay, none of which say theyre the originals as I'm pretty sure they're all similar copies to the one I have. I.e, photocopied booklet & cd-r. They may well all come from the same source, but definitely (politely) ask him where he got it from.

Sam has always stated that if someone was dissatisfied with the "reissues" he sells, he would refund their payment following return of the merchandise (just make sure you send it back by Registered Mail).

Please let us know how it turns out.

-Dan

A couple of the Laaz Rockit CDs were recently reissued by a label in Europe, the name of it completely slips my mind at the moment tho... as a matter of fact, I saw them in an ad for the label in the issue of Metal Hammer mag I bought yesterday ... if I remember to take a look when I get home I'll post the info. I believe the "City's Gonna Burn" was one of the L.R. discs in the ad, not sure about "No Stranger To Danger" though.

I have "City's Gonna Burn" on the Old Metal Records label (run by King Fowley of the thrash/death band Deceased), is that version considered a bootleg too?

A couple of the Laaz Rockit CDs were recently reissued by a label in Europe, the name of it completely slips my mind at the moment tho... as a matter of fact, I saw them in an ad for the label in the issue of Metal Hammer mag I bought yesterday ... if I remember to take a look when I get home I'll post the info. I believe the "City's Gonna Burn" was one of the L.R. discs in the ad, not sure about "No Stranger To Danger" though.

I have "City's Gonna Burn" on the Old Metal Records label (run by King Fowley of the thrash/death band Deceased), is that version considered a bootleg too?

Reissued by a label in Europe you say? Could it be Rock-it Records?

Reissued by a label in Europe you say? Could it be Rock-it Records?

Nah, that's not it... I will have to look at the Metal Hammer mag when I get home tonight...

Either way I'm kinda glad I have the Old Metal version of "City's Gonna Burn" cuz on the one pictured in the magazine ad they changed the L.R. logo on the front cover and it looks like crap

You fucking retard, of course I will give you negative feedback! You leave it for me, I leave it for you...simple fucking arithmetic, genius. Why would I let you get away unscathed for leaving me a neg? That's like hawking a loogie in the face of God Himself. If you don't like me, my behavior, or what some would call "questionable" product, then you can stick a cactus up your ass for all I care. I am a steamrollin' motherfucker, motherfucker, and I will steamroll over you, this website, and anyone who dares belittle my massive hair-metal empire! Fuck you, I don't want your support and I will block you from bidding on my eBay stuff that you don't want anyway, and then I will contact Thor the Thunder God and have him wipe you from the face of this planet which I will soon have under my boot (no pun intended). You are nothing to me, an insignificant speck. I don't want your money...in fact, I so much don't want it, I used it to purchase more ink cartridges for my copier (you got any idea how many CD covers I can do with $60?). You are a fucking worthless piece of shit and I am done with you. Consider yourself crushed, asswipe.

(Since Sam can no longer speak for himself on these boards, I thought I would do it for him. :) )

I have that too, on Old Metal. I always thought it was a boot but it would be a nice surprise to learn it wasn't....

You fucking retard, of course I will give you negative feedback! You leave it for me, I leave it for you...simple fucking arithmetic, genius. Why would I let you get away unscathed for leaving me a neg? That's like hawking a loogie in the face of God Himself. If you don't like me, my behavior, or what some would call "questionable" product, then you can stick a cactus up your ass for all I care. I am a steamrollin' motherfucker, motherfucker, and I will steamroll over you, this website, and anyone who dares belittle my massive hair-metal empire! Fuck you, I don't want your support and I will block you from bidding on my eBay stuff that you don't want anyway, and then I will contact Thor the Thunder God and have him wipe you from the face of this planet which I will soon have under my boot (no pun intended). You are nothing to me, an insignificant speck. I don't want your money...in fact, I so much don't want it, I used it to purchase more ink cartridges for my copier (you got any idea how many CD covers I can do with $60?). You are a fucking worthless piece of shit and I am done with you. Consider yourself crushed, asswipe.

(Since Sam can no longer speak for himself on these boards, I thought I would do it for him. :) )

Sam is that you? :lol:

I have that too, on Old Metal. I always thought it was a boot but it would be a nice surprise to learn it wasn't....

I think King Fowley had the band's "unofficial blessing" to print up a few thousand of each of the L.R. discs, meaning they were fine with him doing it even though it may not have been entirely above-board, legally speaking.

Not bad... not bad... you need to work on the presentation a bit though. You need more capital letters and exclamation points as well as some blank lines to break it up. Also, it's a little too coherent. Needs a bit more of a stream-of-consciousness feel to it.

I give it an A-. Good effort!

-Dan

So I sent a message to him, short but sweet:

Hello,

I just received the CD. It was really fast, thanks, but the Laaz

Rockit CD I received and paid over $60USD for, is bootleg, not

the original SPV release. I think that 60 USD is too much for a

bootleg, is there any possibility to do something with that?

Thanks,

Dan Friml

Reply comes very fast:

How about a 50% refund?

Well, I think I could go this way... $30 for a boot is still to much, but you know, I would have to drive to post office, pay for registered shipping... then wait until it's there... What do you think?

Hello,

Thanks,

Dan Friml

Reply comes very fast:

How about a 50% refund?

Well, I think I could go this way... $30 for a boot is still to much, but you know, I would have to drive to post office, pay for registered shipping... then wait until it's there... What do you think?

Wow, he replied to you without using a single dirty word!! that's a surprise. :lol:

I have City's gonna burn and Know Your Enemy released by Old Metal Records too... Yeah, they're maybe boots as well, but I paid $12 for each, and they look good, booklet and inserts have good quality printing as well as CD has...

and btw... No Stranger To Danger was NEVER re-issued!

Hello,

Thanks,

Dan Friml

Reply comes very fast:

How about a 50% refund?

I'd take the 50% rufund and consider it a lesson learned to not deal with Vegas Cds.

I have City's gonna burn and Know Your Enemy released by Old Metal Records too... Yeah, they're maybe boots as well, but I paid $12 for each, and they look good, booklet and inserts have good quality printing as well as CD has...

and btw... No Stranger To Danger was NEVER re-issued!

I don't know for sure cuz I don't have it but I could almost swear that Old Metal reissued "No Stranger To Danger" as well... I vaguely remember reading a combination review of both "City's Gonna Burn" and "No Stranger To Danger" in Metal Maniacs magazine some years back... I could be wrong tho, and I'm too lazy to go digging through all my old magazines to find it. :lol:

Good job! :)