BLACK AND BLUE

SCREAM AND SHOUT

VENDETTA

NO. 1 THRILLER

ROCK

SLEEZE DISEASE (ACOUSTIC)

http://www.myspace.com/dirtypennysucks

http://www.dirtypennysucks.com

From MelodicRock.com regarding his work on a new solo CD, as well as producing the Dirty Penny release:

JOHNNY LIMA BACK AT WORK ON NEW ALBUM:

Popular melodic rocker Johnny Lima has been very quiet of late, but in response to questions regarding his activities Johnny posted the following update on the site Noticeboard:

"I'd have to admit the last 4 years I've been "hibernating". The good news is, I'm fired up again and have been writing the best stuff I've ever come up with. Just finishing up some pre-production work and will begin recording my new album soon and it will be released independently this time. Check my MySpace page for any updates as my website is out of commission for now." WebLink: www.myspace.com/johnnylima

As for Dirty Penny [the new band, whose album Johnny has produced], "The album is pure raw energy and I think that people who are yearning for a great honest dirty (no pun intended) rock album are going to really dig the Dirty Penny album. Give them a listen. It's amazing how a group that started out as a Poison cover band ends up opening for Poison in one of the biggest rock concerts of the year only two years later. Many are comparing them to when Motley Crue opened up at the US Festival back in '83. Expect big things from these guys as they're bringing back rock 'n roll the good old fashioned sleazy way. If they play their cards right, these guys will have loads of success, and it will be well deserved as this group is made up of 4 really great guys and they've worked their asses off in making a great rock album. 6 months in the making! This business is all about luck and these guys have Lady Luck on their side."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l_7bc48c1f81eeeb0ff01fd7cc625828f3.jpg

I met Dirty Penny at Rocklahoma. I got a signed cd, stickers, and pics. Supposedly the one they had at Rocklahoma was a limited pressing. Mine's in a slip case and all the new ones are in jewel cases. It's pretty good stuff.

l_7bc48c1f81eeeb0ff01fd7cc625828f3.jpg

I met Dirty Penny at Rocklahoma. I got a signed cd, stickers, and pics. Supposedly the one they had at Rocklahoma was a limited pressing. Mine's in a slip case and all the new ones are in jewel cases. It's pretty good stuff.

Oh how very cool :tumbsup:

Wow, sometimes I'm a dickhead, but I hope it's worth it. If not, I'm blaming Jarred. :P Either way, I just bought a copy too. I had to. They started out as a Poison cover band, they look the part, the AUD/USD exchange rate still rules... Jarred said there's no fillers... I had to get it. Thanks for the heads up, Mike. I hope this is good. (No soundbytes here at work to listen on either).

Wow, sometimes I'm a dickhead, but I hope it's worth it. If not, I'm blaming Jarred. :P Either way, I just bought a copy too. I had to. They started out as a Poison cover band, they look the part, the AUD/USD exchange rate still rules... Jarred said there's no fillers... I had to get it. Thanks for the heads up, Mike. I hope this is good. (No soundbytes here at work to listen on either).

The four songs I heard on their myspace page were fantastic! I ordered it strictly off of hearing only those but it sounds like we won't be disappointed with what we get.

I think you'll like it bro.

And we are all dickhead's every once in a while... :P

So I'm sitting here listening to my brand new Dirty Penny cd for the second time since I pulled it out of the mail box this afternoon and it is easily the best new album I have bought this year. I was all excited to crank it up in the car tomorrow on my way to work but forgot I was taking the motorcycle so I'll have to get my fill today. Mine is in the slipcase (I would have probably preferred a jewel case but that's just me) with all four autographs. This thing kicks some major A$$ and well worth every dirty penny. :banger:

I have listened and me likey.....

Hints of Crash Diet....hell much like Crash Diet. I am not gonna lie...

Hmmm, I've got Crash Diet sitting somewhere on my computer and I think it's time I maybe actually sat down and listened to them.

Hmmm, I've got Crash Diet sitting somewhere on my computer and I think it's time I maybe actually sat down and listened to them.

I haven't checked out the Dirty Penny yet but the Crash Diet is awesome Imo.

As I sat at my office yesterday listening to Dirty Penny my exact thought was "Damn, these guys could be the American version of CrashDiet!" . While CrashDiet leans a little more to the melodic side of sleaze, and Dirty Penny leans more to the raw, dirty side of things, the similarities are undeniably there. :bowdown:

BTW...Dirty Penny ~ Take It Sleezy = Great f'n CD! :banger:

As I sat at my office yesterday listening to Dirty Penny my exact thought was "Damn, these guys could be the American version of CrashDiet!" . While CrashDiet leans a little more to the melodic side of sleaze, and Dirty Penny leans more to the raw, dirty side of things, the similarities are undeniably there. :bowdown:

BTW...Dirty Penny ~ Take It Sleezy = Great f'n CD! :banger:

Backed. :banger:

Okay, got it last night and spun it this morning - awesome!!! I love it. As Jarred says, no filler at all on this one. 'Black and blue' gets sort of close but the rest are f*cking awesome. 'Midnight Ride', 'Scream and shout', 'Sleeze disease' and 'Vendetta' are some of my faves... but damn this is consistent. Killer backing vocals too. Love this disc, will be high at the top of my 2007 list.

Hey Geoff,

Is your copy of the Dirty Penny Cd in a full jewel case or is it in a single slim case??

Also, what is the packaging like??

Thanks buddy.

P.S. Got some exciting news about the signing of one of Australia's finest AOR bands EVER!!

Kind regards

Dave

Hey David, sadly it's in the single slim case. :( For a slim case, it's a nice looking package - good artwork and all that, but yeah... I'd have liked a full jewel case, mostly so it wont get lost and stuff like that. Man it kicks ass though.

BTW - Roxus or Devils in Heaven? Who is it? Please tell me the 2nd Roxus album will see the light of day. Please. ;)

You, Andy, still chasing after that AVALON cd, I got a spare one. Found in Cash Converters in Preston last weekend.

Finally got around to checking out the sound samples for these guys. Guess I underestimated Johnny Lima--given how melodic his stuff is, I never expected he could produce such a raw, sleazy sound. I like it, and yeah, like everyone else, I can hear some Crashdiet similarities, though in all honesty, I think Crashdiet are the better band. But just because Crashdiet is better doesn't mean Dirty Penny isn't good. They are, and now if you'll excuse me, I need to go scrounge up a whole bunch of pennies, dirty or otherwise, to buy this CD.