Get Thrashed!

Dark Star

Man I can't wait until this is out on DVD..... :banger:

DEATH ANGEL Members Talk About DAVE MUSTAINE; Video Available - July 13, 2007

The makers of "Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal", the much-anticipated documentary profiling the thrash metal scene of the early Eighties and its impact on the music scene, have posted a video clip of DEATH ANGEL talking about Dave Mustaine, MEGADETH and DEATH ANGEL's first show with singer Mark Osegueda. Watch it at this location (Windows Media).

"Get Thrashed" will screen on Saturday, July 14 at 10:00 pm at the Roxie Cinema (located at 3117 16th St at Valencia, San Francisco, CA 94103). Tickets are $8.50 and can be purchased at www.frozenfilmfestival.com. The film will also screen on Wednesday, July 25 at 8:00 pm at Village East Cinema (located at 181 2nd Avenue at 12th Street, New York, NY 10003). Tickets are $12.00 and can be purchased at www.nyfimvideo.com.

"Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal" traces the rise, fall and impact of thrash metal, an extreme style of heavy metal popularized in the early 1980s by bands like METALLICA, MEGADETH, SLAYER, ANTHRAX, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and others. It is the story of the heaviest, hardest music of the '80s and early '90s as told by the bands that lived it, the fans and bands that grew up on it and by the artists that carry the "thrash metal" flag today. The documentary throws new light on an overlooked, yet incredible music scene and how it went from a simple rumbling in the underground to a loud, obnoxious and constant roar in the (almost) mainstream. The trailer and more information can be found at www.GetThrashed.com. The documentary is produced by Saigon1515 Productions in association with Kundrat Productions.

"Get Thrashed" was directed by Rick Ernst and the documentary's Associate Producer is Rat Skates, founder and former drummer of OVERKILL.

Here's the video clip....

http://getthrashed.com/media/gt-death-angel-megadeth.wmv

Man it looks pretty cool......

Yeesh... I am psyched to see this movie, BUT....

I dunno bout you D.S., but I'm getting kinda sick of reading endless Blabbermouth news updates about this documentary that say absolutely NOTHING about when (or if) it is getting a DVD release!!

JUST GIVE US THE F**KING DVD RELEASE DATE ALREADY!!!!

Yeesh... I am psyched to see this movie, BUT....

I dunno bout you D.S., but I'm getting kinda sick of reading endless Blabbermouth news updates about this documentary that say absolutely NOTHING about when (or if) it is getting a DVD release!!

JUST GIVE US THE F**KING DVD RELEASE DATE ALREADY!!!!

Yea I hear Ya there.. ALL they talk about is when it's gonna be screened...... Hopefully it be on DVD By Christmas.....

Check out the website with more video clips.. pretty cool stuff.....

• 2 months later...

Well, Not by Christmas....

Saw this on Blabbermouth, says in April it should be on DVD.....

'Get Thrashed: The Story Of Thrash Metal': More Screenings Announced - Oct. 12, 2007

The makers of "Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal" — the much-anticipated documentary profiling the thrash metal scene of the early Eighties and its impact on the music scene — have lined up the following screenings during October:

Saturday, October 13 at 9:30 p.m.

Long Island Big Fish Film Festival

222 Pettit Ave, Bellmore, NY

$9.00

*Director Rick Ernst in attendance

Thursday, October 25 at 8:30 p.m.

Slab Cinema at La Tuna

100 Probandt (and Cevallos)

San Antonio, TX

*donation – this is a fundraiser to raise money for an operation to remove a brain tumor from the daughter of a longtime volunteers of the San Antonio Underground Film Festival

Friday, October 26 at 12:30 a.m.

Saturday, October 27 at 6:30 p.m.

Barcelona International Music Documentary Film Festival

Aribacau Club 2 (Gran Via des les Corts Catalanes)

Barcelona, Spain

Tentatively due for release on DVD in April 2008, "Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal" traces the rise, fall and impact of thrash metal, an extreme style of heavy metal popularized in the early 1980s by bands like METALLICA, MEGADETH, SLAYER, ANTHRAX, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and others. It is the story of the heaviest, hardest music of the '80s and early '90s as told by the bands that lived it, the fans and bands that grew up on it and by the artists that carry the "thrash metal" flag today. The documentary throws new light on an overlooked, yet incredible music scene and how it went from a simple rumbling in the underground to a loud, obnoxious and constant roar in the (almost) mainstream. The documentary is produced by Saigon1515 Productions in association with Kundrat Productions.

"Get Thrashed" was directed by Ernst and the documentary's associate producer is Rat Skates, founder and former drummer of OVERKILL.

Here's the Trailer for this DVD....

Well, Not by Christmas....

Saw this on Blabbermouth, says in April it should be on DVD.....

'Get Thrashed: The Story Of Thrash Metal': More Screenings Announced - Oct. 12, 2007

The makers of "Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal" — the much-anticipated documentary profiling the thrash metal scene of the early Eighties and its impact on the music scene — have lined up the following screenings during October:

Saturday, October 13 at 9:30 p.m.

Long Island Big Fish Film Festival

222 Pettit Ave, Bellmore, NY

$9.00

*Director Rick Ernst in attendance

Thursday, October 25 at 8:30 p.m.

Slab Cinema at La Tuna

100 Probandt (and Cevallos)

San Antonio, TX

*donation – this is a fundraiser to raise money for an operation to remove a brain tumor from the daughter of a longtime volunteers of the San Antonio Underground Film Festival

Friday, October 26 at 12:30 a.m.

Saturday, October 27 at 6:30 p.m.

Barcelona International Music Documentary Film Festival

Aribacau Club 2 (Gran Via des les Corts Catalanes)

Barcelona, Spain

Tentatively due for release on DVD in April 2008, "Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal" traces the rise, fall and impact of thrash metal, an extreme style of heavy metal popularized in the early 1980s by bands like METALLICA, MEGADETH, SLAYER, ANTHRAX, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and others. It is the story of the heaviest, hardest music of the '80s and early '90s as told by the bands that lived it, the fans and bands that grew up on it and by the artists that carry the "thrash metal" flag today. The documentary throws new light on an overlooked, yet incredible music scene and how it went from a simple rumbling in the underground to a loud, obnoxious and constant roar in the (almost) mainstream. The documentary is produced by Saigon1515 Productions in association with Kundrat Productions.

"Get Thrashed" was directed by Ernst and the documentary's associate producer is Rat Skates, founder and former drummer of OVERKILL.

Here's the Trailer for this DVD....

I wonder why it's gonna take so long. They would sell a ton of them if they'd get it out by Xmas.

• 8 months later...

Looks like "Get Thrashed" FINALLY has a release date for the DVD... bout friggin' time!!

'Get Thrashed: The Story Of Thrash Metal' DVD Release Date Announced - July 10, 2008

Lightyear Entertainment will release of the award-winning and critically acclaimed music documentary "Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal" on September 16, 2008. The film covers the evolution, cultural impact, and musical influence of thrash metal , an extreme form of heavy metal which burst on to the scene in the early-to-mid-1980s. Told first-hand by members of bands such as METALLICA, MEGADETH, SLAYER and ANTHRAX, as well as using raw, original show footage, writer/director Rick Ernst (MTV, VH1) demonstrates how and why many of these bands emerged from playing local parties and small clubs to headlining major arenas and stadiums. The film is a roller coaster ride of extreme music and personalities, starting with the most famous thrash metal pioneers METALLICA and highlighting other genre defining bands like MEGADETH, SLAYER, EXODUS and more. The documentary features interviews with over 50 artists, including past and current members of METALLICA, MEGADETH, ANTHRAX, SLAYER, PANTERA, EXODUS, LAMB OF GOD, TESTAMENT, SHADOWS FALL, IN FLAMES, KREATOR, DESTRUCTION, HATEBREED and many more. The artists discuss the groundbreaking music of the thrash metal scene, the culture surrounding it and includes raw, live concert footage depicting mosh pits, stage diving, head-banging, partying and the over-the-top antics that went along with the thrash metal movement. The movie breaks down how the thrash metal scene grew from its DIY beginnings in Los Angeles and San Francisco, then reached the East Coast, conquered Europe, and even took root in countries like Brazil and Australia. "Get Thrashed" highlights the similarities and differences in each region while illustrating how the seeds that were planted by thrash metal gave rise to the modern day breed of extreme heavy metal and hard rock. The film features wall-to-wall music from METALLICA, MEGADETH, PANTERA, SLAYER, ANTHRAX, EXODUS, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and many more, and contains over 90 minutes of bonus footage, featuring thrash scenes and bands from around the world. The DVD offers more than three hours of content, including director's commentary by Rick Ernst and associate producer Rat Skates (ex-OVERKILL drummer), plus liner notes from legendary EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt.

2656190062_3fa67c916f_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have this? I thought it was s'posed to be out by now but I can't find this anywhere....

• 3 weeks later...

So is this damn thing out yet? Anybody seen it? :blink:

Sweet! And you can even buy it together with DEATH MAGNETIC for a special low price! :banana:

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got this...It's really good. It covers just about everything you could ask for..

lot's of cool interviews and vintage concert stuff ..the only glaring omission, is there isnot ONE word is said about Metal Church...nuthin...That's a big mistake IMO..But as I said it's still really good..got tons of bonus stuff that I didn't have a chance to watch yet...

Hmm...Will i have to hear about how "Metallica",Megadeth"and "Anthrax"are superior to Exodus,Forbidden,Overkill,Heathen, and Testament etc.on this one?.... :rolleyes:

I take the point (even though Heathen suck IMO). This isn't out in the UK yet....

Hmm...Will i have to hear about how "Metallica",Megadeth"and "Anthrax"are superior to Exodus,Forbidden,Overkill,Heathen, and Testament etc.on this one?.... :rolleyes:

Yeah there is a fair amount of ass-kissing to the big 4, but hey that's where

alot of it started. :banger:

the only glaring omission, is there isnot ONE word is said about Metal Church...nuthin...That's a big mistake IMO..But as I said it's still really good..got tons of bonus stuff that I didn't have a chance to watch yet...

Check out the BONUS FEATURES. Metal Church was mentioned there.

the only glaring omission, is there isnot ONE word is said about Metal Church...nuthin...That's a big mistake IMO..But as I said it's still really good..got tons of bonus stuff that I didn't have a chance to watch yet...

Check out the BONUS FEATURES. Metal Church was mentioned there.

Thanks Nelson!!I was really hoping so...I knew they had to say something bout MC!!!

• 1 month later...

Got this DVD yesterday and gave it a run-thru last night... pretty good stuff. Of course it would take an eight hour mini-series to truly cover everything and every band that was part of the Thrash Metal movement but this is a fun DVD full of excellent vintage photos & clips from "back in the day" and plenty of humorous commentary from members of Metallica, Megadeth, Exodus, Testament, and lots of others. If you ever thrashed, you need to see this movie!! :banger:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got My hands on this a couple days ago, watched the main feature yesterday, and the extra footage today?? Damn it's pretty GOOD!!! :headbanger:

Informative too, talking about the scene in other countries, like France and Japan?? Didn't know France really HAD a scene to be honest, but then, Anti-Social, which Anthrax covered, was originally done by the band Trust from France,yes??? :unsure:

Informative too, talking about the scene in other countries, like France and Japan?? Didn't know France really HAD a scene to be honest, but then, Anti-Social, which Anthrax covered, was originally done by the band Trust from France,yes??? :unsure:

France has always had an active "local" scene... it's just that not many of their bands ever broke out on the international scene. Mainly because most of'em sang in their native tongue. Along with Trust, some of the more "famous" French bands include Warning, Vulcain, and FISC.

Didja know that Nicko McBrain was the drummer for Trust before he joined Iron Maiden? Tis true.