Best Bargain Buys

Dave

Some of my best bargain buys probably were:

Tintenfish - Evolution: app. 14$

Landslide - Say Hello to the Night: app. 18$

:bananamac:

lol............ I would have thought vanadium - seventhheaven cd woul;d have rated a mention , Bernd :)

Yeah, the Vanadium cost me about 18$ as well, but it is one of the "dubious" labels.

Do you know the Tintenfish, Andre ?? Pretty awesome ..... !! :guitbannana:

what, the vanadium was a boot, shucks man,. bummer!

got the tintenfish sometime ago, good on that!!

:beerbang:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple off the top of my head that I got:

21 Guns - s/t ; I found a whole pile for $2 each... they all sold for around us$40

Do you mean, Salute - 21Guns ?

I know, I paid $33 when it was first released because it was only available then here, as an American Import.

Nah mate, the Aussie band with the same name. :)

They're shit.

who, that's pretty low of you slamming your old band G.... :whistle::guitbannana::bananamac:

21 Guns - s/t ; I found a whole pile for $2 each... they all sold for around us$40

I know, I paid $33 when it was first released because it was only available then here, as an American Import.

They're shit.

who, that's pretty low of you slamming your old band G.... :whistle::guitbannana::bananamac:

I was young, we just wanted a record out in the market. The guys in the band didn't want to use any of my songs because they were "too good" for the album. They were so intent on releasing a shitty album, so I got out before the album was recorded. Glad to see it failed, though.

They're shit.

I was young, we just wanted a record out in the market. The guys in the band didn't want to use any of my songs because they were "too good" for the album. They were so intent on releasing a shitty album, so I got out before the album was recorded. Glad to see it failed, though.

Was it your idea to make them rename the band to Horsehead? Great name. It just showed how great they were.

They're shit.

Was it your idea to make them rename the band to Horsehead? Great name. It just showed how great they were.

Is that the same band? Wouldn't surprise me. They both sucked.

They're shit.

lol, lovin' teh banter :beerbang:

They're shit.

im pretty sure a few of the members went on to that..

They're shit.

im pretty sure a few of the members went on to that..

yes, the banter - conversations, supre rare aor from the late 80's..... :popcorn:

• 1 year later...

I picked up a copy of China Sky down in Brighton (UK) back in the late 90's on CD for next to nothing. The guy in this independent shop had it in the Dance section (obviously no idea what it was) - I only happened upon it as I was leaving the shop. I had found some other bits and payed for them then as I wen't out it caught my eye - I could not believe it. Ok so it was not mint but it plays fine and all the artwork was fine. I walked around on a constant high for the rest of the day. It was an album at the time that had elluded me. One listen and I was hooked - it was a bargain and now comfortably sits in my Top 10 of all time fav albums.

Graham

Thought of this whilst playing Wild Horses, Bareback album again that I paid Oz $2 for, still in the wrapper.

Lost Johnny~ Hidden Treasures...and 1/2 Truths.

Free. The guitar player sent it to me. Did I mention it was still sealed??? :)

Got mine for free, too! :guitbannana:

PLUS

Wing N A Prayer - Another Day for CAN $4.95 :guitbannana::bananamac:

Playground Hero - Nothing Personal - CAN $7.00

Atomic Fantasy - Our Story... CAN $7.00

Icri's Witch - In For The Kill FREE

Rat Knuckles - Get Some! FREE

S'aint America - S/T FREE

Shockwave - S/T FREE

Blue Rose - Rock Me Low FREE

Razzle - The Eternal Buzz FREE

Brandy Lies - Firewater FREE

Stun Leer - Once was another one I picked up for $2 when JB HiFi were having a big clearance. What a find that was :tumbsup:

I got my Stun Leer from Utopia... for 25 cents....HAHAHA

Stun Leer - Once was another one I picked up for $2 when JB HiFi were having a big clearance. What a find that was :tumbsup:

I got my Stun Leer from Utopia... for 25 cents....HAHAHA

:tumbsup: That is a super pick up indeed.

I picked up Inside Out...Seasons on eBay for a 'but it now' price of $5.....and it was in very good condition....

All I hear about is people picking up Inside Out CDs for nothing. Where's my turn? :(

As I said elsewhere this is obviously not at all rare, but I've been after it forever and I was delighted to pick up Farrcry's 'Can't bargain with god' for $0.91.

The best bargain I got this year was 2 copies of Taken - Smell The Groove for about $8 each (and 1 was sealed to boot). I don't think I'll match that ever again but ya never know.

A few that come to mind...

Heartless: s/t (original) in the $1 bin at a used CD shop in Florida.

K.K. Wilde: "Rock-n-Roll" for Buy It Now $7.99 on eBay.

Taken: "Smell the Groove" for Buy it Now $15 on eBay.

Pretty Wicked: s/t for $6 in a used CD shop in Florida.

Hurricane: "Take What you Want" for $7 in a used CD shop in Florida.

I guess the The Stuff, I paid 1$ for it and sold it on Ebay for over 1100$. That was a pretty good deal.

The best deal that went straight to my collection was finding Lillian Axe - s/t for 2$ in a Cash Converters back in 1997/98.

A few that come to mind...

Heartless: s/t (original) in the $1 bin at a used CD shop in Florida.

K.K. Wilde: "Rock-n-Roll" for Buy It Now $7.99 on eBay.

Taken: "Smell the Groove" for Buy it Now $15 on eBay.

Pretty Wicked: s/t for $6 in a used CD shop in Florida.

Hurricane: "Take What you Want" for $7 in a used CD shop in Florida.

Now those are some steals there. You have about $300 worth of CD's for about 35 bucks one helluva profit.

• 2 months later...

Well, i bought this month from a guy the first original issue of Lita Ford - Dancin' On The Edge for about 3 usd.

I think it's priced much higher in the used market.

:headbanger:

About ten years ago I was digging thru a bunch of cheap VHS tapes at a record store and scored a still-sealed copy of THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION PART II: THE METAL YEARS for $2.99 ... needless to say I jumped on it since the DVD release we keep hearing about is apparently held up in music-rights-and-clearances hell for all eternity...

I didn't even realize HOW good a deal I got till I looked that flick up on eBay a while later and saw that VHS copies were going for $75-$100! :yikes:

not too many in these dark ages. a copy of a great piece of wax from the best guy here on HH for $15. it was in better condition than the one i already had(m/m), i kept it and then traded the other with another title, much wanted, and for which i wouldn't pay the 350+ euros they usually ask for. so now i completed my hawks(from winterhawk to ironhawk), panthers, tigers, dragonnes, thylacines and other endagered species stuff.

Alright, here is a list of CDs I have acquired over the last few years that I felt pretty fortunate to find for the prices I got them for.

The Cauze - s/t......................................$0.49 (Pawn Shop)

NVS - s/t............................................$0.50 (Ebay)

D.V.S. - s/t.........................................$1.00 (Pawn Shop)

Sin City - s/t.......................................$1.00 (Used CD Store)

Stormhaven - s/t.....................................$2.00 (Pawn Shop)

Keel - Final Frontier................................$2.00 (Used CD Store)

Mastedon - It's A Jungle Out There...................$2.00 (Used CD Store)

One - First One......................................$2.50 (Pawn Shop)

Dancyr - In and Out..................................$3.00 (Ebay, Buy It Now)

Wildside - Under the Influence.......................$3.99 (Used CD Store)

Blue Ruin - s/t......................................$4.99 (Ebay, Buy It Now)

Mata Hari - Feel the Fire............................$4.99 (Used CD Store)

Angel Witch - Frontal Assault........................$4.99 (Used CD Store)

Kingsute - s/t.......................................$4.99 (Used CD Store)

Friction - Baby Talk.................................$5.00 (Ebay, Buy It Now)

Deadringer - Electrocution of the Heart..............$5.99 (Used CD Store)

Sanctuary - Refuge Denied............................$6.00 (Used CD Store)

Celtic Frost - Cold Lake.............................$6.99 (Used CD Store)

Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence...............$6.99 (Used CD Store)

Solstice - s/t.......................................$6.99 (Used CD Store)

Kidd Wikkid - s/t....................................$6.99 (Used CD Store)

Slut's Crazy - s/t...................................$6.99 (Used CD Store)

Signal - Loud and Clear..............................$6.99 (Used CD Store)

Hallow's Eve - Death and Insanity (Original Press)...$6.99 (Used CD Store)

Queensryche - Rage for Order (Blue Ring Cover).......$6.99 (Used CD Store)

Warrior - Fighting for the Earth.....................$6.99 (Used CD Store)

Angel - Live Without a Net...........................$9.00 (Used CD Store)

Concrete Jungle - Wear and Tear.....................$12.00 (Online)

Bronx Zoo - Lustfull Thinking.......................$12.00 (Online)

Dragonheart - Valley of the Damned............$15.00 (Ebay)

Hard Knox - Psycos R Us.............................$24.99 (Used CD Store)

Ruff Justice - No Justice No Peace..................$25.00 (Used CD Store)

Edguy - Savage Poetry (95' pressing)................$27.00 (Online)