Lizzy Borden

Lizzy Borden Poll  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Poll Time!!

I'm a huge fan of Lizzy Borden. Didn't see any polls for Lizzy so I thought I'd make one. Surely I'm not the only one that loves this band!! I'm pumped about the new disc and have to get to Best Buy this weekend to see if they have the "Master Of Disguise" reissue w/DVD.

So to the question at hand.... what is your favorite disc from Lizzy Borden?

:banger:

I hate to be a pain, but in all honesty, Murderess Metal Roadshow is my fav. And it was pretty groundbreaking at the time as they put out a double album after only one album and an ep. And the sound quality was perfect! But of those choices, I'd go with Love you to pieces.

'Master Of Disguise' gets my vote, closely followed by 'Visual Lies'...

"Visual Lies" is my fave... cuz it contains my fave Lizzy song, "Me Against The World"

Where's Dark Star, he LOVES Lizzy Borden, in fact he's the one who got me into'em (tho it took a few years to convince me, hahaha)... I figured he'd be all over this one

Menace gets my vote, that's the first one I ever actually bought by them. Mainly nostalgia as the production kinda sucks ass but there are some fuckin' awesome tunes on there like "Love Kills", "Bloody Mary", "Notorious", etc. I was also blown away back in the day the first time I heard "Rod of Iron", and "Give 'em the Axe". There used to be a local band that covered Rod of Iron back when I was just starting out in bands, blew me away.

That being said the production on the later releases puts the earlier stuff to shame, but I still love the raw feel and power from the beginning. :banger:

I'd have to go with "Menace"...I just got a copy of "Master of Disguise"...It's not bad...

haven't played it all the way through yet...They were great on D.O.T.W.C....

Sweet! I thought I was the only one that liked Menace. :drink:

I'd have to go with "Menace"...I just got a copy of "Master of Disguise"...It's not bad...

haven't played it all the way through yet...They were great on D.O.T.W.C....

Sweet! I thought I was the only one that liked Menace. :drink:

If the production was better it would RULE!! I still love it though!! :drink:

Great Minds think alike.... :headbanger:

"Visual Lies" is my fave... cuz it contains my fave Lizzy song, "Me Against The World"

Where's Dark Star, he LOVES Lizzy Borden, in fact he's the one who got me into'em (tho it took a few years to convince me, hahaha)... I figured he'd be all over this one

JUST saw this poll Man..... But I picked Visual Lies too.. Wasn't easy, cause I DO Love ALL His stuff, and yea I DID Get you into these guys huh?? Remember seeing em in concert!! For FREE??!??!???!??!????

Menace to Society is a VERY close second though..... :banger:

'Master Of Disguise' gets my vote, closely followed by 'Visual Lies'...

:agree:

Murderess Metal Roadshow is my fav. And it was pretty groundbreaking at the time as they put out a double album after only one album and an ep. And the sound quality was perfect! But of those choices, I'd go with Love you to pieces.

Precisely!!!!

(All our excellent however.)

I voted for "Master of Disguise," but in all honesty, this band just never grabbed me. Just something missing that I can't quite put my finger on. All the ingredients are there, but somehow the whole is less than the sum of its parts. But hey, that's just me, and while I don't love 'em, I certainly don't hate 'em either. When I hear them playing, I don't grumble in disgust, but neither do I beg for the volume to be turned up.

I guess ambivalent is the word I'm looking for... -_-

• 7 months later...

I voted for Love You to Pieces just because it was my introduction to the band and I love the rawness of that album. In all honesty, I listen to Master of Disguise the most. Great album. Love all of them actually.

• 1 year later...

Awesome band, I went with Visual Lies hands down. I remember my mom finding a few of my Lizzy Borden cassettes back in the day (Murderous Metal Road Show and Love You To Pieces I believe) and freaking out about it! She thought I must be possessed to listen to a band like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Visual Lies and a very close 2nd Master Of Disgiuse.