Give it another spin....

Pulled out KISS' "UNMASKED" for its semi-annual spin today ... aaaand yep, it still sucks...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled out KISS' "UNMASKED" for its semi-annual spin today ... aaaand yep, it still sucks...

:omg:

'Naked City' is my favourite Kiss song. Ever. :kiss:

:omg:

'Naked City' is my favourite Kiss song. Ever. :kiss:

I will admit that that is a good song but the songs overall are just to poppy and commercial when compared the first six releases IMO. I do like the Ace songs as well.

• 5 months later...

Ark - 'Burn the sun' ; many years ago I had this as a CDR from somewhere. For some strange, strange reason I always had a good impression of it and thought I would pick up the CD when I saw it available for a good price. Anyway, fastforward to the present and that opportunity arose and I picked it up for a few dollars. In brief, bad decision. These songs are dreadful and this is just a perfect example of a CD that is painful to get through. The songs just order you to pray for them to finish so you can put another CD on. Even Jorn doesn't sound up to the standards he has set in recent years, vocally. I don't know if this is classified as prog, but I hate it, to be blunt. As soon as I got it, it will go straight onto my trade list. And before anyone replies, it is one of the CDs from Azintex, one of those Russian pressings, which I will note when I eventually do a new trade list. But yeah, this sucks dog bollocks.

Ark - 'Burn the sun' ; many years ago I had this as a CDR from somewhere. For some strange, strange reason I always had a good impression of it and thought I would pick up the CD when I saw it available for a good price. Anyway, fastforward to the present and that opportunity arose and I picked it up for a few dollars. In brief, bad decision. These songs are dreadful and this is just a perfect example of a CD that is painful to get through. The songs just order you to pray for them to finish so you can put another CD on. Even Jorn doesn't sound up to the standards he has set in recent years, vocally. I don't know if this is classified as prog, but I hate it, to be blunt. As soon as I got it, it will go straight onto my trade list. And before anyone replies, it is one of the CDs from Azintex, one of those Russian pressings, which I will note when I eventually do a new trade list. But yeah, this sucks dog bollocks.

I was about to PM you until I read that.

• 2 weeks later...

Guardian - 'First watch' ; been a while since I've spun this and wowser... just loved it. This has got to be one of the top christian hard rock albums of all time. It features none of the cheese which always brought Stryper down, but instead they play great hard rock, solid all the way through. How good is 'Hyperdrive'?!

• 6 months later...

Extreme - III SIDES TO EVERY STORY

I picked this disc up for two bucks at a flea market over the weekend, haven't heard it in years. I owned it on cassette back in the day but it never really did much for me back then. Well, anyway, first spin of this disc and yeah, I remember why it never grabbed my nards back then. I liked Extreme better when they were singing silly hard rock songs telling Mutha why they didn't want to go to school today, or Getting the Funk Out and doing the Decadence Dance.

Prior to "III Sides" I can only assume that the Extreme guys were listening to a lot of Queen and Beatles records and said "We can do that too! We have lots to say!" -- bad idea. People weren't buying Extreme records expecting a Big Bold Statement from Gary Cherone on how he felt about the world.

III SIDES is way too long, way too artsy-fartsy/pretentious, way too self important, too, too .... ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This will likely be its one and only spin. Anybody looking for a CD of this puppy, feel free to shoot me a PM, it will be taking up residence on my trade list as soon as it finishes.

• My Little Pony

Extreme - III SIDES TO EVERY STORY

I picked this disc up for two bucks at a flea market over the weekend, haven't heard it in years. I owned it on cassette back in the day but it never really did much for me back then. Well, anyway, first spin of this disc and yeah, I remember why it never grabbed my nards back then. I liked Extreme better when they were singing silly hard rock songs telling Mutha why they didn't want to go to school today, or Getting the Funk Out and doing the Decadence Dance.

Prior to "III Sides" I can only assume that the Extreme guys were listening to a lot of Queen and Beatles records and said "We can do that too! We have lots to say!" -- bad idea. People weren't buying Extreme records expecting a Big Bold Statement from Gary Cherone on how he felt about the world.

III SIDES is way too long, way too artsy-fartsy/pretentious, way too self important, too, too .... ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This will likely be its one and only spin. Anybody looking for a CD of this puppy, feel free to shoot me a PM, it will be taking up residence on my trade list as soon as it finishes.

Possibly my all-time favourite album. And for all the reasons you don't like it.

I was about to PM you until I read that.

The best bit of that album is the spinning coin lol!!

Jorn needs to get back to doing stuff like 'Worldchanger' or 'Hourglass'

Unfortunately I can't see that happening anytime soon.........euro plod metal seems to be his bag now.........along with his best Alvin Stardust impersonation.