Anybody Else Having Trouble

Fat Freddy

This is the fourth or fifth time I've tried to log in today... each previous time I've logged in, and as soon as I get to the main menu and click on anything to read a post, the log-in screen comes back and tells me I'm not logged in. After repeating this process a couple of times I finally said "Screw it, I'll come back later." So far this is the first time I've been able to post anything without getting the log-in screen again, so I have hopes that whatever was screwy has been solved... but we'll see what happens when I hit the "post new topic" button in a second... here goes, fingers crossed... :screwy:

well now it's giving me fits...I was trying to edit a reply I made and it didn't seem to work...I logged off..then logged on again...now it's giving me the flood control screen

...when in doubt check the Nut behind the wheel...I'm guessing that it's me

doing something wrong...

Seems to be OK for me now, I was having the problems on my computer @ work... I have Windows XP Professional over there, but I'm not sure what version of I.E. off the top of my head...

I get home and everything's hunky dory though. Must be cuz I'm using that lovely Mozilla Firefox. :wub:

Good grief! All I did was hit the refresh button while already logged in here and I had to log in all over again. There's several other sites that I log into regularly and don't have that problem at any of those, only here. It's probably a Windows problem so I'm gonna try Opera now and see what happens with that browser. Been using that for years but some sites don't work with it so I've had to use IE more than I want to.

Ok, I've made some changes to the way cookies are handled. You may need to log out, clear your cookies for heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com and then log back in. Then see if you still have logout issues...

-Dan

Hi Dan - I logged out, cleared out all of my cookies and then came back and relogged in. But when I leave the site and then come back it makes me log in again. Sometimes even though it says I am logged in to the forum, when I click on one of the individual sections like buying and selling, it makes me log in again. Arrrghhh :bigboom:

Definitely gonna go try Opera again now.

Hmmm... does the same thing with Opera as well. The weird thing with Opera is that when I leave the site and then come back it says at the top of the page that I need to log in but some of the forum sections do not say "protected" (but some do) and I can go in and look at some of them. Just when I try to post in that section do I have to re-log in. Very strange. So it doesn't seem to be IE only. Maybe still a Windows glitch.

I dunno what you did Dan, but whatever it was, it seems to have worked, no troubles at all here on my work PC anymore. You da man!

Just a little one - not too phased by it, but I only appear to get email notification for about 50% or less of the topics being replied to. Anyone else noticed this? Or is someone trying to tell me something...?