Changes to online audio samples...

Creating and updating the audio samples page has been a royal pain in the patootie, since it's a manual coding process. So last night I got peeved and wrote a script that will make creating and updating the audio samples page more of an automated process.

One of the side benefits is that the audio samples will also be accessible directly from the CD pages themselves, no need to leave the page.

Also, over the next several weeks you should be seeing quite a few more song samples posted. Frontiers has given me blanket permission to post samples from ALL discs they've ever released, so I'll be going back through my collection and adding audio samples from those discs I own. I may be asking for assistance on those I don't have.

I've sent off similar inquiries to MTM and Perris, and am awaiting their reply.

If any other label reps want 1-minute samples of their releases to be made available here, please PM/email me.

Overall I think it will allow folks to get a larger taste of what's out there...

-Dan

Sounds good to me.....I always love to hear samples before I acquire a new title. Miss those days of radio air play when you heard the albums or songs you knew you wanted to add to your collection.

Sounds good to me.....I always love to hear samples before I acquire a new title. Miss those days of radio air play when you heard the albums or songs you knew you wanted to add to your collection.

Just received approval from Tom Mathers at Perris Records, so they're on board with the idea. :)

-Dan

I must admit that I have purchased a few CD's because of the samples I had heard here at HH.

The last was Southern Gentlemen. All the Record companies would be mad not to jump on board, with this being a great avenue of promotion :tumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I've picked up at least a half dozen releases because of the HH samples , Madhouse, Dark Sky, Terashain and Shameless come to mind...also I'm looking for several of them as well so the record companies would be crazy not to do this....IMO