Microsoft warns me that this is a suspicious website

stuck in lodi

This is really annoying now. Every time I click on a band in the database, a Microsoft pop-up warns me that this is a suspicious website and to beware. I went thru the hassle of filling out their form saying I did not think this was a suspicious website but it comes up for every band I click on. Anybody else have this problem? This must be some new stupid security update Windows installed on my computer.

I was getting the same thing on the couple band pages I went on... Annoying indeed.

get a Mac and you won't see any pop-ups like this anymore ;)

Actually, I'm on my sister's Mac right now... still getting those annoying little buggers. :)

What operating system and browser are you guys using? I get no message of any kind either on Internet Explorer 6 or FireFox 2 running on XP Professional.

I'm guessing it's part of Brother Bill's campaign to protect you from yourself either in IE7 or Vista. It probably looks at the .cgi filename extension along with the script parameters and decides it must protect you.

Lame.

Is there any way you can tell Internet Explorer is a "trusted site" and bypass all that shit?

-Dan

Adds to my theory that MS is purposly adding bullshit updates to XP to sway you into going to get Vista, thinking XP shit the bed :anon:

get a Mac and you won't see any pop-ups like this anymore ;)

Actually, I'm on my sister's Mac right now... still getting those annoying little buggers. :)

Really? I never seen anything like this on my Macs... on any site...

Are you sure it was a Mac? :rofl2:

I don't know what in blazes is going on. I'm now at my office, I fired up Internet Explorer 7, turned on the phishing filter, and surfed all over HH. I get no warnings or popups at all. I even did a "Check this website" and it came back as negative on the phishing report.

You're on your own on this one; I can't replicate the behavior...

-Dan

I never had any of these problems, either. And I surely hope it stays this way. -_-

What T-Bone has been saying is actually making me a little nervous. I have absolutely no intention to move to Vista.

Well... whatever it was, it is not doing it today. :)

Since there are a zillion pages here at HH, it was pointless to keep clicking on the Microsoft link to let them know that I don't think this is a phishing website since a message comes up for every band link I click on almost. No problem here in the Forum though. I just went ahead and disabled the feature in IE.

Bobbi - I'd be happy to do that but since I turned the phishing filter back on today to get a URL to post nothing has happened. I don't get the constant pop-up message anymore when perusing the database. I did download and install some more XP updates, maybe one of them fixed that?? If it comes up again I will post what I see.

this is one of the reasons i knocked off my windows updates,

you don,t know what old uncle bill :2up: is slipping onto your system,

as long as you are running a firewall , anti-virus and spyware

bollox to windows update i got no probs what so ever :P

Dude, put down the crack pipe, you aren't making a whole lot of sense :P

I hear ya, not much different with Mac actually. I always wait for a week or two and read some forums before I install any "updates" to either my Windows or Mac systems. I used to just go for it as soon as they came out, until one time I did that and I had to re-install my whole system to the version just prior to the update due to an incompatibility with some of the design software I use... <_<

Never again... :baneed: