Battle of the 3 generations!

Battle of the 3 generations!!!  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 year later...

Just my opinion but I think Slaughter would have been a better representation for the 90's than Firehouse

I went with Dokken

• 3 years later...
If you look at what Led Zeppelin have contributed to music, what influence they have had on others AND what their individual members have contributed, then they still win by a mile compared to the other 2

Hey Jez, I see what you're saying, mate, but for me none of that matters remotely and it's all about the music and the songs on the table. And IMO, Firehouse and Dokken's songs are 100 times better than anything Zeppelin ever did.

Agree Geoff!

Im not voting in this, but would agree that arguably without Led Zepp, you wouldnt even have Dokken and Firehouse to compare.

Im no fan of Led Zepp, but for their influence on the music we love we should all bow down before them.

PS, I just have to add that Firehouse are in my opinion overrated......and boring as fuck live. There I said it.

I would say that Zeppelin are easily the best of these bands in terms of their success, overall impact on music and influence on other bands. Loads of great albums over a really long period, with several classic songs.

However, I haven't voted for them. I went for Dokken, because they are more to my tastes and have produced a lot of tunes that I personally love.

I would say that Zeppelin are easily the best of these bands in terms of their success, overall impact on music and influence on other bands. Loads of great albums over a really long period, with several classic songs.

However, I haven't voted for them. I went for Dokken, because they are more to my tastes and have produced a lot of tunes that I personally love.

You said it right.

You said it right.

Amen.

Haha, I remember discussions like this. Still stand 100% by what I said before. Let's say a guy called John Cock designed the first guitar and recorded a few songs with his pet parrot. Without John Cock there would be no guitar and certainly no Dokken or Firehouse. But if we all love Dokken and Firehouse's music, are we not entitled to prefer their music to John Cock's duet with a parrot? ;)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Guest glamsbian

Zep, easy choice!! I wouldn't consider the next two the best of their generations at all. Motley Crue would be my pick for second, Skew Siskin for third, and the 2000s sleaze glam revival for a fourth gen--Crashdiet!

• 8 years later...
1 hour ago, auslander said:

Dokken better than Led Zeppelin... seriously! Some people have no sense of history. 

Simply a matter of tastes; I like Led Zeppelin, but I love Dokken, and would choose to listen to them anytime over Zep, regardless of how influential/important Zep were to music history. 

1 hour ago, auslander said:

Dokken better than Led Zeppelin... seriously! Some people have no sense of history. 

Some people also like to make up their own minds, rather than just let history and popular opinion and what's cool dictate what choice they should make. 

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

Some people also like to make up their own minds, rather than just let history and popular opinion and what's cool dictate what choice they should make. 

Some people also like Ed Shearen more than the Beatles. Doesn't mean I have to consider their "opinion" to be valid.

4 hours ago, auslander said:

Some people also like Ed Shearen more than the Beatles. Doesn't mean I have to consider their "opinion" to be valid.

Yeah, to be honest, saying something is conclusively "better" than something is just stupid, in terms of music. 

I love Dokken and I don't like a single thing about Zeppelin. So I personally prefer Dokken and of course in my mind Dokken are a far better band, otherwise I'd listen to Zep instead. But that's not me saying Dokken are then by default the better band. But, in my opinion there are, for what ever an opinion is worth. And I think that's the point of threads like this. It's all a sole opinion and nothing conclusive. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2012 at 8:03 PM, Glen said:

Im not voting in this, but would agree that arguably without Led Zepp, you wouldnt even have Dokken and Firehouse to compare.

Im no fan of Led Zepp, but for their influence on the music we love we should all bow down before them.

PS, I just have to add that Firehouse are in my opinion overrated......and boring as fuck live. There I said it.

I was right in 2012 and this ^^^^ is still fact now ;)

and to add a 3rd point, how in ANYONE'S opinion is Dokken the best band of the 80s 🤔🙄 lol

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Glen said:

and to add a 3rd point, how in ANYONE'S opinion is Dokken the best band of the 80s 🤔🙄 lol

This has always confused me too. 

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, to be honest, saying something is conclusively "better" than something is just stupid, in terms of music. 

I love Dokken and I don't like a single thing about Zeppelin. So I personally prefer Dokken and of course in my mind Dokken are a far better band, otherwise I'd listen to Zep instead. But that's not me saying Dokken are then by default the better band. But, in my opinion there are, for what ever an opinion is worth. And I think that's the point of threads like this. It's all a sole opinion and nothing conclusive. 

Imma agree with you generally about Led Zep.
Maybe I'm not old enough, but they never really grabbed me.
But how about Rock And Roll? Surely you at least like that song?

As for Dokken, I have one of their albums, Back For The Attack. It's a great album, but I never really explored more for some reason...

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

As for Dokken, I have one of their albums, Back For The Attack. It's a great album, but I never really explored more for some reason...

Is it an age thing? I'm younger than you and I love Zeppelin. 

Never voted on this either,for me as JamesEagle pointed out all of those years ago Dokken are more to my tastes,but wouldnt say that theyre the better band,for me a taste thing definately. Im also on the Dokken weren't even my favourite band of the 80's wagon btw

23 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I had no idea what that song was but youtubed it and it's familiar. I don't hate it, but it's garage band throwaway trash I can easily do without. ;)

And to the rest of the thread... who ever said Dokken were the best band of the 80's? Why did that get brought up? Did someone say they were?