Poison or Ratt?

Poison or Ratt?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer Ratt, but I like some covers that made Poison.

What the f*ck? Of all Poison songs 'Your mamma don't dance' is your favourite one???? As far as I know that's the only cover tune they ever did isn't it? Oh, and that shitty one they had off 'Hollywierd' - I forget the name. 'Rock the cradle' or something?

"hollyweird" is a good album but i don't know why, i never listen to it :blink:

my POISON favs are "flesh and blood" and "native tongue".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cinderella kicks both of their asses though.

Amen brother! Hail Brittingham! :bowdown:

Oh without a doubt but they weren't a choice here.

Oh without a doubt but they weren't a choice here.

Well they SHOULD have been dammit!! :banana:

Poison was a Kix copycat.

AMEN brother!! I'm glad someone else realizes this!! Hell, Poison even stole their name from a song on Kix' debut album!!

Kix live in their prime could've smoked Poison any day of the week... even if the Kix guys were in full body casts and crutches!! Best live band I ever saw, hands down!

AMEN brother!! I'm glad someone else realizes this!! Hell, Poison even stole their name from a song on Kix' debut album!!

Kix live in their prime could've smoked Poison any day of the week... even if the Kix guys were in full body casts and crutches!! Best live band I ever saw, hands down!

Poison is a GREAT song!!

what is the big deal about taking a name from a song title? Firehouse, Tora Tora. It has been done many times

Not to be nitpicky, but I never really considered Ratt to be glam-metal.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I voted for Poison, based primarily on "Flesh & Blood," which I think is a glam/hair/pop-metal masterpiece.

Hey, if members of Poison got together with members of Ratt and formed a new band, do you think they would call it...Rat Poison?

(Don't mind me...I got, like, 3 hours of sleep last night. :crazy: )

Okay dudes, I am truly puzzled. Regardless of who likes who better, how the hell did Poison copy Kix... musically, song-wise, image-wise, attitude-wise... sorry dudes, I don't see it at all. :(

When Bret was living in PA. and was fronting Paris, he was always at the KIX shows at Hammerjack... whether be it intentional or not, he did copy.

Besides using the name of a KIX tune... Poison also used a very similiar green color for their logo as to the one KIX was using at the time.

Okay dudes, I am truly puzzled. Regardless of who likes who better, how the hell did Poison copy Kix... musically, song-wise, image-wise, attitude-wise... sorry dudes, I don't see it at all. :(

Bret's stage presence and moves are very close to a carbon copy of Steve Whiteman. But to me, that's all that Poison stole.... cuz God knows KIX is far superior talent wise.

:dance:

Bret's stage presence and moves are very close to a carbon copy of Steve Whiteman. But to me, that's all that Poison stole.... cuz God knows KIX is far superior talent wise.

:dance:

The balloons, confetti, and silly string that Poison have used from time to time were also staples of KIX' live shows... :dance:

sure, and KIX coppied it all from Steven Tyler and Aerosmith. All the moves of a front man that Bret copied must be rooted in Steven Tyler so I guess Steve copied Tyler also.

how much originality did 80's rockers have? most everything was based off of KISS, AREOSMTH, DEF LEPPARD, VAN HALEN, BON JOVI and LED ZEPP in my opinion maybe mixed with a little Stones

sure, and KIX coppied it all from Steven Tyler and Aerosmith. All the moves of a front man that Bret copied must be rooted in Steven Tyler so I guess Steve copied Tyler also.

how much originality did 80's rockers have? most everything was based off of KISS, AREOSMTH, DEF LEPPARD, VAN HALEN, BON JOVI and LED ZEPP in my opinion maybe mixed with a little Stones

Decaf, bro, DECAF!! We ain't dissin' Poison (or at least, I'm not, I can't speak for anybody else), we're just sayin' :lol:

:rofl2:

I don't do Coffee or any of it's cousins that floar around out there. Frozen coffee??? milk-shake coffee?? not thanks.

I got coffee at a football game once when I ordered hot chocolate, freezing cold and I had to just sit it down even though I tired simply because I was so cold.

Very possible that Steve Whiteman did borrow from Steve Tyler. Whiteman is a huge Aerosmith fan. He has said that one of the highlights of his years with KIX was playing some shows with Aerosmith. If you told Steve Whiteman he reminded you of Steven Tyler... I'm sure he would tell you thanks for the compliment.

I'm OK that Poison emulated it's stage show from KIX... I think that would be a compliment to KIX. I just think people should know this fact... that's all.

It probably also helped that Poison were signed to a label that gave a sh*t about them and pushed them on MTV and radio, whereas KIX were pretty much trapped on the back burner at Atlantic Records for much of their career... even when they did score a few hits on the BLOW MY FUSE album, it was too little too late for'em ...