CD's that have been BOOTLEGGED 4/5/2007

i backed all these bootleg thing, because there are two reasons :

1. artist had lost his master or didn't have the right to access his master for a remastered, therefore the wait could be forever, or unless the artist want to re-record his works, best thing is to spend hundred of bucks to make other collector rich, or hunt this $5-$10 boot

2. CDR has the big risk of getting damaged in 5 years, even though i do still have some CDRs over 10-15 years that's still in very good shape, while factory printed CD is basically for lifetime.

but if in any case, the original is in acceptable price (for example : jap obi version in the range of $20-$30, i sometimes can chew it, but anything beyond that range is usually passable all the time), i'll go over the original of course, and will be happy for the remastered version as well.

looks like this is an endless discussion so i guess to each their own :)

I get were you are comming from guys, just saying that if it is down to morality or music at least the homemade cdr is the cheapest alternative and as we have discussed before, if no one buys from the bootleggers than they are not going to keep bootlegging right.

I have a few great bootlegs and I've seen some really really poor ones too (from legit-ish re-issue labels), but as you all have said if a re-issue or original was available for a reasonble price then I'd get that, sure, but to me buying the bootleg or making my own, I'm making my own.

And last bit, with my cheasy color HP, some equally affordable photo paper (i use these things for printing family photo's all the time) and the label burning cdr drive I have I can make and have made some shit hot cdr's and I know some are still floating around out there cause they are really good and I'm no booter. :)

And as far as longivity goes, the bootlegged "silver cdr" won't wear or last any longer or shorter than the one I made and I still have the mp-3 files to fall back on if needed.

Not arguing, agreeing a bit, but mostly just saying. :)

I get were you are comming from guys, just saying that if it is down to morality or music at least the homemade cdr is the cheapest alternative and as we have discussed before, if no one buys from the bootleggers than they are not going to keep bootlegging right.

I have a few great bootlegs and I've seen some really really poor ones too (from legit-ish re-issue labels), but as you all have said if a re-issue or original was available for a reasonble price then I'd get that, sure, but to me buying the bootleg or making my own, I'm making my own.

And last bit, with my cheasy color HP, some equally affordable photo paper (i use these things for printing family photo's all the time) and the label burning cdr drive I have I can make and have made some shit hot cdr's and I know some are still floating around out there cause they are really good and I'm no booter. :)

And as far as longivity goes, the bootlegged "silver cdr" won't wear or last any longer or shorter than the one I made and I still have the mp-3 files to fall back on if needed.

to make your own boot, you have to have at least the original disc or copied CDR from other friend, and you have to rip it probably using the software Exact Audio Copy to get a 100% identical sound, because if you're making a boot out of MP3, then basically it's a compressed one right ?

usually, another reason to simply buy a boot is we don't have the original source to make an identical copy, and also we don't have a decent printer to make a respectable sleeve, and of course, don't have much time, if we're talking about making 40-50 CDs :D

to make your own boot, you have to have at least the original disc or copied CDR from other friend, and you have to rip it probably using the software Exact Audio Copy to get a 100% identical sound, because if you're making a boot out of MP3, then basically it's a compressed one right ?

usually, another reason to simply buy a boot is we don't have the original source to make an identical copy, and also we don't have a decent printer to make a respectable sleeve, and of course, don't have much time, if we're talking about making 40-50 CDs :D

:) 40 or 50 :)

No usually just one for me or a pal.

Good statement about source. Not sure of were the booters get their source material, but I myself, can get excellent source material from a number of online sources.

Good statement about source. Not sure of were the booters get their source material, but I myself, can get excellent source material from a number of online sources.

Hey mate, I think he means 40 or 50 different albums. I've personally bought hundreds from Azintex and would go into cardiac arrest at the mere thought of having made each one of those at home by myself. Plus I'd be divorced and regretting weeks or months of wasted time. ;)

Hey mate, I think he means 40 or 50 different albums. I've personally bought hundreds from Azintex and would go into cardiac arrest at the mere thought of having made each one of those at home by myself. Plus I'd be divorced and regretting weeks or months of wasted time. ;)

I can understand collectors with a ton of original rare CDs being unhappy with all these boots coming out but for those of us who are financially challenged, picking up a silver pressed version with full inserts , makes too much sense to pass up...it's a shame there aren't more official reissues as I don't like giving booters money...

yes i mean 40-50 different albums, and even Azintex themselves probably don't make 40 copies of one single album, and that's why even a boot can ran out of stock, damn lol

talking about source, i think if you're a persistent CDR trader back in 2002-2005 before MP3s popped out like mushrooms in the rainforest jungle, it's pretty easy to get even a very difficult albums out of a trade. And I once used the Easynews (Usenet) thing where you probably pay $10 a month and you get access to lots of FLAC, a lossless version of a CD (probably similar to .WAV), so that's basically a pretty good source to boot something as well :D

All these CDs, including the Pretty Boy Floyd one, showed up on the Azintex site last week. Absolutely stoked about the PBF one. Ordered it quicker than I'd had the chance to open the email.

Imagine trying to update this thread now? :lol: Just send a link to the main page of this site and say that there is all the CDs that have been bootlegged. ;)

I don't know who is Azintex but i know that most boots printed in Moscow.

I personally know a guy who does it. I have a huge original cds collection and he sometimes asks me to give him something to boot and i always say - no, but nobody can ban him to buy rare cds on ebay or amazon. All these boot CDs are sold here for the price of $ 2.5-3 each, regardless of rarity or auction price.

BTW i done some pictures of PBF bootleg CD. I think that this boot will be pretty rare soon.

yEcTRQ58.jpg

V7xa1Bw0.jpg

6On7rB3w.jpg

3k2h1JGD.jpg

All these CDs, including the Pretty Boy Floyd one, showed up on the Azintex site last week. Absolutely stoked about the PBF one. Ordered it quicker than I'd had the chance to open the email.

Imagine trying to update this thread now? :lol: Just send a link to the main page of this site and say that there is all the CDs that have been bootlegged. ;)

I don't know who is Azintex but i know that most boots printed in Moscow.

I personally know a guy who does it. I have a huge original cds collection and he sometimes asks me to give him something to boot and i always say - no, but nobody can ban him to buy rare cds on ebay or amazon. All these boot CDs are sold here for the price of $ 2.5-3 each, regardless of rarity or auction price.

BTW i done some pictures of PBF bootleg CD. I think that this boot will be pretty rare soon.

yEcTRQ58.jpg

V7xa1Bw0.jpg

6On7rB3w.jpg

3k2h1JGD.jpg

Azintex looks like comin' from Azerbaijan, so since it's pretty close to Russia, i guess most of their items are probably comin' out of that country.

Yes, I think some of those veteran booters are willing to pay $30-$100 for an original disc / Jap pressing, and use it to create an identical boot, that's why some boots are 'Jap pressing'

Azerbaijan is a former Soviet republic and now with insane мuslim regime just like in Iraq or Iran and sharia laws in everyday life.

I'm sure that nobody out there haven't ever seen the original Cds of american or any western bands coz in muslim religion all western music especially heavy metal and hard rock is the devilish advocacy.

Prophet mohammed doesn't approve of listening this music but he let them sell it worldwide.

Guys, have a look at this one:

The Producers - Run for your Life

I know for a fact that this one has never been issued on CD. And look at the 3 different ways of the writing "Run For Your Life" (front, back & CD). These boots already sold for more than 200$ !

Guys, have a look at this one:

The Producers - Run for your Life

I know for a fact that this one has never been issued on CD. And look at the 3 different ways of the writing "Run For Your Life" (front, back & CD). These boots already sold for more than 200$ !

Very odd the different scripts for "Run For Your Life". The seller says it's sealed. That seems strange for a boot doesn't it?

Very odd the different scrips for "Run For Your Life". The seller says it's sealed. That seems strange for a boot doesn't it?

Shrink-wrap machines can be had pretty cheap. Or you can do it yourself with Saran Wrap and a hair dryer. :D

I can understand collectors with a ton of original rare CDs being unhappy with all these boots coming out but for those of us who are financially challenged, picking up a silver pressed version with full inserts , makes too much sense to pass up...it's a shame there aren't more official reissues as I don't like giving booters money...

I do have quite a few rare original CDs, wouldn't consider myself an huge collector though. You would be surprised at what kind of stuff you can pick up with some scrounging and patience! I don't really care about the bootlegs bringing down the prices of originals because from what I see in most cases they really haven't. If you are in CD collecting because you want rare CDs worth a lot of money then you are in it for the wrong reason. The thing I hate is that they are making them look EXACTLY like the originals to fool people and rip them off. That's what bugs me, when people try to pass them off as originals and basically fuck them.

I do have quite a few rare original CDs, wouldn't consider myself an huge collector though. You would be surprised at what kind of stuff you can pick up with some scrounging and patience! I don't really care about the bootlegs bringing down the prices of originals because from what I see in most cases they really haven't. If you are in CD collecting because you want rare CDs worth a lot of money then you are in it for the wrong reason. The thing I hate is that they are making them look EXACTLY like the originals to fool people and rip them off. That's what bugs me, when people try to pass them off as originals and basically fuck them.

I agree 100% with you.

I don't mind buying boots but I don't want people fuck me off by selling boot and claiming it original. If you want to sell boot, make sure you don't state it original and make sure you sell it cheap ($4-$7 is pretty reasonable)

I remember once paying $15-$25 for several discs years ago and they turned out to be boot and that pissed me off because I don't have much time and lazy to involve in a dispute with eBay/Paypal/seller.

Very odd the different scrips for "Run For Your Life". The seller says it's sealed. That seems strange for a boot doesn't it?

Shrink-wrap machines can be had pretty cheap. Or you can do it yourself with Saran Wrap and a hair dryer. :D

yes it's cheap.

I know a local store in my place where you actually can unseal a disc and try it at the store, or sometimes you buy a disc and you return it to the store because you already have it at home by accident lol but that's only for loyal customers that they trust, and you probably only pay 10-20 cents for the wrap.

today is a bad day for the KK Wilde. I saw their Rock-n-Roll Cd was booted. Almost like the original CD but just a little less pink paint on the disc. I have the original KK Wilde Cd but also bought the bootleg coz it's an artifact in my opinion.

I can't believe that someone needs to do this bootleg.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone please tell me if this is a boot or not ?! Or a reissue ? I know that the original CD had a black front.

DE MONT - Body Language

DeMont-BodyLanguage-CDfront.jpg

DeMont-BodyLanguage-CDback.jpg

My job had a shrink wrap machine years ago. My co-worker used to shrinkwrap his friend's c.d.

My job had a shrink wrap machine years ago. My co-worker used to shrinkwrap his friend's c.d.

Plenty of sellers on Amazon and Half are trying to pass off used crap as new thanks to wrap machines. I was just recently bitching about it in another thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone tell me if this is a Boot?

John Bongiovi-The Power Station Sessions -Music Club records

I looked it up on the data base and it has a different cover.

there are about 20 different versions of this cd. it was one of those 'unoffical' type releases from whoever owned the demos. it's likely to have been bootlegged at some stage also.

Can someone tell me if this is a Boot?

John Bongiovi-The Power Station Sessions -Music Club records

I looked it up on the data base and it has a different cover.

there are about 20 different versions of this cd. it was one of those 'unoffical' type releases from whoever owned the demos. it's likely to have been bootlegged at some stage also.

Thanks Junkie.