CD's that have been BOOTLEGGED 4/5/2007

Is Skol records a boot label?

Nope. I think the owner is the husband of Crystal Viper's singer.

From what I have heard he is as insane as they come too.
Who isn't?

Yes, but not in a good way.
I'm interested to know which are the good kind of insane.

The kind that are a bit off kilter, fun at parties, drive too fast, you know harmless.

Not vindictive, backstabbing, liars who take someones life's work, fuck it and trash it with no reason whats so ever...

Your marriage alright? ;}

Hah. Could be...

I have a good friend that has an album out on this label and let's just say the deal has not been handled as agreed upon.

So Skol isn't the good kind.

My 2 cents from the deal I know of. The release itself is nice, the ownership is sketchy at best.

• 1 year later...

I think we can add concrete jungle to this list. Particular eBay seller has sold a stack of them recently.

That's not the daughter of the dad who produced it who a few years back was selling bundles? If so a good many of us deltvwith her and the discs are legit.

I dont think so....

UK seller.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=p728l306&_armrs=1&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xconcrete.TRS0&_nkw=concrete&_sacat=0

Seller also sells Rock Candy 'Sucker', LA Smash, Rebel,...

Hey, I could be wrong but 6 copies sold, more currently selling, for around the $US30 mark.

I think we can add concrete jungle to this list. Particular eBay seller has sold a stack of them recently.

That's not the daughter of the dad who produced it who a few years back was selling bundles? If so a good many of us deltvwith her and the discs are legit.

I dont think so....

UK seller.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=p728l306&_armrs=1&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xconcrete.TRS0&_nkw=concrete&_sacat=0

Seller also sells Rock Candy 'Sucker', LA Smash, Rebel,...

Hey, I could be wrong but 6 copies sold, more currently selling, for around the $US30 mark.

Nope not the same gal and this statement is always a deal breaker isn't it?

Please no thieves, claim lovers.

I will not tolerate any type of agressive behaviour.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

• 7 years later...

And now the whole market is crap, bands, labels ect. Thats what happens when you buy fakes. People didn't buy just the ones that weren't available they bought fakes of the ones that are available too as in new CD's ect. I played at one time now I don't it was a dead end career and fakes & lossless files helped kill it.

Edited by TheOriginalSplash
Added a bit.

36 minutes ago, TheOriginalSplash said:

And now the whole market is crap, bands, labels ect. Thats what happens when you buy fakes. People didn't buy just the ones that weren't available they bought fakes of the ones that are available too as in new CD's ect. I played at one time now I don't it was a dead end career and fakes & lossless files helped kill it.

Blaming bootlegs or streaming for failings as a playing musician seems to be a bit misplaced IMO. There are plenty of bands making it work, admittedly making far more from touring than from CD sales... things evolve and change.

• Like 1

How many new bands are really making it? I mean minus WVH Wolfie .. I mean there's hardly any places for new bands to get there chops ect. I'm here in Detroit and everything closed. Even the big places to play for big bands are gone, there's a few left but most closed just for instance the palace that was here in Michigan. I think once the big bands are finally gone the rest of the genre may end also, my take anyway I'm not fighting. I started in 84 stopped in 93 as far as playing out. And I practiced my azz off. Another reason I quit also to many guys were just happy playing the bars and getting hammered afterwards hey I was in it I was serious but in 93 I wasn't moving to L.A. it was all dying and couldn't stand the change and newer music. I wouldn't call whats going on now in the market as making it treading water maybe. But a music career where you could retire is gone. Maybe if I was born 10 years earlier. Peace Take Care...... [O and one more thing I'm talking Hard Rock, Glam Metal & Sleeze this genre of music just was my thing I luv'd playing it I wasn't interested in a country music career wich I thought about doing just to stay in music but I wasn't gonna be happy so ....]

Edited by TheOriginalSplash
Added a bit.. again I'm done now adding.
  • Like 1

Trent Reznor recently stated he sees no point in making any NIN music anymore cause as a genuine interest that impacts culture is dead. I think he is spot on.

https://consequence.net/2023/06/trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails-future/

The music industry has also changed considerably since Nine Inch Nails became one of the biggest bands in the world. So has society’s relationship to rock music, and especially rock albums. Reznor pointed to that change as another reason he’d rather stick to composing.

“In the context of Nine Inch Nails, in terms of an audience and the culture,” Reznor said, “the importance of music — or lack of importance of music — in today’s world, from my perspective, is a little defeating. It feels to me, in general — and I’m saying this as a 57-year-old man — music used to be the thing that, that was what I was doing when I had time. I was listening to music. I wasn’t doing it in the background while I was doing five other things, and I wasn’t treating it kind of as a disposable commodity.”

Reznor continued, “I kind of miss the attention music got, I miss the critical attention that music got. Not that I am interested in the critic’s opinion, but to send something out in the world and feel like it touched places, might’ve got a negative or positive [review], but somebody heard it, it got validated in its own way culturally. Culturally, that feels askew. Like I can’t think of any review I care about today that I even trust. I could write it before it comes out because it’s already written. In fact, ChatGPT could probably do a better job, you know? Or is currently doing the job. That makes for what I feel is a less fertile environment to put music out into — in the world of Nine Inch Nails.”

I was trying to explain to my kids how much music meant to me when I was their age and how my friends and I would be so into it. It is a generational thing, lasted from the 60s until the 00s. It is gone now. Not for me, but in a wider social context it has a lack of meaning. Other things are more important. I would say gaming has replaced it in the newer generations. A big new game release has far more cultural zeitgeist than an album being released by an up and coming band these days.

• Like 1