Crashdiet vs Vain

Crashdiet vs Vain  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vain - No respect is a fantastic album .. But Rest In Sleaze Is So damn good that I dont wanna listen to it anymore. Maybe because No Respect has been listened to 3000 times over the years and Rest in sleaze is only at about 75 times . Its on my Ipod , Xbox360 , In the Car .... No filler in my opinion. Both are Great .. But CrashDiet for me .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comparing Crashdiet to Vain is like comparing filet mignon to hamburger. Sure, they're both beef, but the filet mignon is so much better and that pretty much sums up my feelings on the Crashdiet-versus-Vain poll. Vain just never did much for me--nothing really wrong with them, mind you, just nothing that whipped me into a lather--but Crashdiet absolutely blew me away.

So, boys & girls, what we learned here today is that if you're satisfied with a basic ol' burger, then grab yourself some Vain, but if you want some truly sweet meat, Crashdiet is the, ahem, diet, you should choose. :)

Crashdiet is very good, but c'mon - in my opinion Vain leaves it miles away :D

What Paulo said.

Yeah, I agree 100% with this, Wes, Ripper and Jim. I agree fully that Crashdiet are f*cking spectular - the CD kicks ass!!! But to honestly compare it to Vain's 'No respect'??? Sorry guys, just doesn't work for me. We're talking a whole new level of excellence here. Crashdiet are awesome, but I picked 'No Respect' by a mile.

I agree fully that Crashdiet are f*cking spectular - the CD kicks ass!!! But to honestly compare it to Vain's 'No respect'? Sorry guys, just doesn't work for me. We're talking a whole new level of excellence here. Crashdiet are awesome, but I picked 'No Respect' by a mile.

:omg: The f*ck you say?! Geoff, Geoff, Geoff, I feel so betrayed. You Judas! I rushed to your defense during the Def Leppard "X" fiasco, and now you go and rip my heart out by claiming Vain is better--and not just a little better, but vastly better--than Crashdiet. I expect that from the tasteless pagans around here, but not from you. NOT FROM YOU!! AGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! (Grabs razor and slits wrists)

Seriously, given our similar music tastes, I'm thinking I need to revisit Vain's "No Respect." Unfortunately, I haven't owned (or heard) the album in about 8 yrs., so if you (or someone else reading this post) could send me some MP3s, I would greatly appreciate it. Maybe my opinion has changed since I last heard it as a wee young lad in my early 20s. Or maybe you're all just smokin' crack and Vain really is as bad as I remember...

I agree fully that Crashdiet are f*cking spectular - the CD kicks ass!!! But to honestly compare it to Vain's 'No respect'? Sorry guys, just doesn't work for me. We're talking a whole new level of excellence here. Crashdiet are awesome, but I picked 'No Respect' by a mile.

:omg: The f*ck you say?! Geoff, Geoff, Geoff, I feel so betrayed. You Judas! I rushed to your defense during the Def Leppard "X" fiasco, and now you go and rip my heart out by claiming Vain is better--and not just a little better, but vastly better--than Crashdiet. I expect that from the tasteless pagans around here, but not from you. NOT FROM YOU!! AGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! (Grabs razor and slits wrists)

Seriously, given our similar music tastes, I'm thinking I need to revisit Vain's "No Respect." Unfortunately, I haven't owned (or heard) the album in about 8 yrs., so if you (or someone else reading this post) could send me some MP3s, I would greatly appreciate it. Maybe my opinion has changed since I last heard it as a wee young lad in my early 20s. Or maybe you're all just smokin' crack and Vain really is as bad as I remember...

Hey Mark, it would be my utmost pleasure to hook you up with the album when I get back to my home. May be a little while but I'd love to hear your new thoughts. I have always been surprised at your dislike for this disc (and is it you who dislikes Blue Tears too? I know either you or Tim (2) - my two closest musical comparisons - don't like Blue Tears and it completely floors me), but it may just not be your thing. For me, it's as good as sleaze/glam ever gets and the defining moment in the genre.

Don't worry mate, I still love Def Lep's 'X' and also 'Rest in Sleaze'... but I just think that 'No Respect' is THAT good. :)

Hey Mark, it would be my utmost pleasure to hook you up with the album when I get back to my home. May be a little while but I'd love to hear your new thoughts. I have always been surprised at your dislike for this disc (and is it you who dislikes Blue Tears too? I know either you or Tim (2) - my two closest musical comparisons - don't like Blue Tears and it completely floors me), but it may just not be your thing. For me, it's as good as sleaze/glam ever gets and the defining moment in the genre.

Don't worry mate, I still love Def Lep's 'X' and also 'Rest in Sleaze'... but I just think that 'No Respect' is THAT good. :)

"No Respect" is in my top 5 or 10 albums of all time.

It's not just that good it's essential for me.

Backed. In my most recent list it is still easily in my top 10 albums of all time and I'm pretty sure it had cracked the top 5 too. Essential indeed.

Backed. In my most recent list it is still easily in my top 10 albums of all time and I'm pretty sure it had cracked the top 5 too. Essential indeed.

I love the Crashdiet album but for me Davy's vocals set it apart. His voice is so unique and Jamie Scott and Danny West's guitar solos take these great songs to another place also. Another thing is dynamics. They can play kick ass rockers like "Secrets","Beat the Bullet", and "Who's Watching you", but they can also slow it down on songs like "Smoke and Shadows", "Without You"(one of my fav all time ballads), and "1000 Degrees".

I love the Crashdiet album but for me Davy's vocals set it apart. His voice is so unique and Jamie Scott and Danny West's guitar solos take these great songs to another place also. Another thing is dynamics. They can play kick ass rockers like "Secrets","Beat the Bullet", and "Who's Watching you", but they can also slow it down on songs like "Smoke and Shadows", "Without You"(one of my fav all time ballads), and "1000 Degrees".

Yeah, I agree. The equation was pretty simple for me. In all my open honesty, 'Ready' is not the greatest track and the closest to a filler there is on 'No respect', but all other 11 tracks are f*cking killers. Perfect hard rock. On 'Rest in sleaze', 1-5 are all killers as is 'It's a miracle' and there is not a weak track on the album... but the other 4, and to be honest - even the best tracks, just don't even stack up to the quality of 'No respect'... IMO, of course. :)

I must admit I'm actually really surprised Crashdiet has almost twice as many votes as Vain. Wouldn't have picked it.

I always liked Vain, but was never someone that said they were the all time best. (I used them as the comparison because it's the general consensus that I got... that No Respect is one of the best albums ever in the genre).

They have an awesome sleazy sound but the album drifts a bit too much for me. I think they were different from all other sleaze bands from the era cos most other sleaze bands from the late 80's took the glam-sleaze route, whereas Vain seemed to take a route that seemed to have a smokey mystical mist surrounding it (if that makes any sense at all).

When it comes down to it I think the best of Crashdiet is better than the best of Vain... when talking of the 2 albums in question. I don;t lose interest in any tracks on the Crashdiet disc, but a few on No Respect do lose me.

But, as with Geoff, I'm surprised Crashdiet is winning this poll. I thought the results would be the exact opposite with the only people going for crashdiet being the glam-sleaze merchants like myself.

When it comes down to it I think the best of Crashdiet is better than the best of Vain... when talking of the 2 albums in question. I don;t lose interest in any tracks on the Crashdiet disc, but a few on No Respect do lose me.

Yeah, for me it's the opposite. I couldn't really tell you how any of the last 5 tracks on the Crashdiet disc go, aside from the album highlight 'It's a miracle'. It's not that they're bad tracks, they just to hold my attention like the rest.

On the other hand, though, Vain have me entranced from the opening riff of the album. I know every riff, every lyric... I know the whole album back to front and am basically glued to the stereo everytime it plays, from start to finish (except maybe 'Ready').

Both albums are "Sleaze" masterpieces! But, I went with Crash Diet "Rest In Sleaze"!! That whole CD kicks ass!! Especially the song...."Riot In Everyone"!

• 2 weeks later...

Vain easy - great great album, BUT then again Rest in Sleaze gives it a good run especially the opening salvo of tracks and it's good to see a glam album with some dirt and agression.

Vain's 'No Respect' is one of my favorite albums of all time.

I love the Crashdiet cd but it pales in comparison IMO.

I agree with Wes. No Respect may be the best glam rock cd EVER!

JL

JL

This might be the first time we agree on something Jarred. :)

JL

This might be the first time we agree on something Jarred. :)

Nah, but it might be the last :P

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Yeah, I agree. The equation was pretty simple for me. In all my open honesty, 'Ready' is not the greatest track and the closest to a filler there is on 'No respect', but all other 11 tracks are f*cking killers. Perfect hard rock. On 'Rest in sleaze', 1-5 are all killers as is 'It's a miracle' and there is not a weak track on the album... but the other 4, and to be honest - even the best tracks, just don't even stack up to the quality of 'No respect'... IMO, of course. :)

I must admit I'm actually really surprised Crashdiet has almost twice as many votes as Vain. Wouldn't have picked it.

Im not???!

C'mon, FFS, this thread is a joke right??

Vain better than Crashdiet?? I think I must be losing my mind.

I mean, Vain sounded OK for sleaze about 20 years ago, but Rest In Sleaze absolutely leaves that album for dead. There is more energy in 'Riot In Everyone' than in the whole Vain album rolled into one IMO.

Hey ho.......

I was never a huge Vain fan but even if I were, Crash Diet is one of the best newer bands out there along with Crazy Lixx & Jettblack. So I would say Crash Diet, easily.

Has to be No Respect.... let's see if Rest In Sleaze still holds up in 20 or so years ;)

Yeah but that's the point being made...it doesnt. Just sounds very dated and is blown away by Crashdiet's sonic awesomeness.

Well IMO anyway.

:-)